Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Character RP - Page 10 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by Dotaria Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

//A little over 20, 23 I think.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:31 pm

"Aye, thats a good point. What if I only gave you a skeleton crew of 15 or so? You dont need to move quickly, you just need to move."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:41 pm

//I need men to fire on them, and I need 15 for that. What about 25?
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:35 pm

"The thing is that this is the only break in the cliffs for a good stretch, if they cut your boat off, you'll be boarded and killed for sure. A say keep the Ven Dova close to shore as fire support and, if they use it as a way over the debris, it'll be a choke point for the archers and artillery. I agree with the cove idea, although, once they land it'll be hell trying to get back to us. If you go around through the forest, you'll miss the action"
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 am

"That's what I'm worried about," Arthur said, "I don't want to be cut off. Using the ballistas to launch tar and fire would destroy the ships coming up, as they probably won't wet the decks. I would much rather have the Ved Dovah onshore. It would provide a good platform to launch fire arrows on them and burn them before reaching the shore. Less boats onshore, the better ehh?"
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:08 am

"Alright you two, if thats what you think is best. I still need to understand the layout so i can space my men correctly."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:25 am

"We'll keep our men and the Town's Watch on the Debris, and when and if we get pushed back Riut's archers will cover our retreat. We retreat when they're about to beach. We defend the main wall until we're attacked, then fall back to the keep for our last stand. Simple enough?" Arthur asked, looking between Riut and Marcus.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:51 am

"As long Marcus has no problems with the plan," Riut says looking to Marcus, "If Marcus changes his mind ill be preparing my fellows assassins for a battle." Riut walks away. 'The all knowing one contacted me about your day tomorrow. You'll have to make a choice, Riut, Save your assassins or the King, that'll give you time to think about your decision.' Erea leaves, by this time Riut knows when Erea is going to speak or soulswipe him //takes a soul and slows down time for them, like what happened with the king//.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:42 pm

"Okay, if we are pushed off the debris, we will retreat through the main street. Riuts assassins can defend from the rooftops. Once we arrive at the castle, I will form a rearguard to give the assassins time to get into the castle. Once everyone is inside, we will fire a hail of ballistae and arrows to distract the Ruls and then rush into the castle. Riut, fill me in, what are we up against?"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Riut turns away from his men, "the Rul are experts in elemental magic, they are also very skilled in chemistry and close combat. Luckily their magic isn't too piwerful, only used as a distraction. If you can, use pole-weapons, magic, or bows to combat them. Make sure your men know this."
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 pm

"We only train our men to fight with sword and shield, but they're the best fighters I've ever seen. Marcus makes a good Master-at-Arms," Arthur said. "Let's finish our preparations and get some rest, we have a long day tomorrow."

By around 9:30 at night, the coast was covered in wood and debris. Arthur didn't like the fortifications, but it would have to do. Had they more time, Arthur felt like he could make them unpenetrable. That night, he was visited by Erea.

"Hello Arthur."

"Who are you? A god?" Arthur asked in awe.

Erea laughed, "No, I was once mortal, and I'm a soul, a Guide if you will. Riut has a tough decision to make, you will have to help him in this coming battle. He knows what the right decision is, but that won't make it any easier for him. Be faithful to the man, he may not know the arts of war like you or your friend, but he is a good man."

Arthur nodded, "I will kind spirit. I know the man's mettle, and I think he will be fine. His assassins will follow him, I'm sure, but he will do fine. I'll guard the man with my life."

Erea smiled, "Thank you Arthur, You make an old man rest easy. I don't want to see him a spirit just yet, he still has much to do in this life. Lead him well Arthur, and guide him on the right path."

Arthur woke up in a cold sweat before sunrise, and decided to put his armor on. He crabbed his greatsword, which was able to be wielded with one hand, and his shield. Strapping them to his back, he sat on the stern of his ship, overlooking the water and eating some dried beef. Marcus stirred and came to him.

"Ready for the battle?" he asked.

"Aye, anxious," Arthur replied, offering some of the beef to Marcus.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 am

Marcus looked up to the castle of Faxview, where the flags of House Viliyon flew.

Character RP - Page 10 3RVQJWb

A strange people, the people of Ashwood. Long they had withstood the raids of Mountain clans and Desert men. They believed that the storm of the Mountain clans would take over the entire continent without Ashwood, which might as well have been true. Marcus knew that King Vala and his men could be trusted to hold the line. Marcus strapped on his steel plate, and stood. The steel was uncomfortable, Marcus felt rigid, and stuck. He took off the plate, and put on his leather armor, which fit much more. Picking up his bow, he went to get some arrows from some of the assassins. The Rul clan was coming.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:07 am

//let's make this battle more interesting//
A light rain started to fall as the first Rul ships came from behind the fog. "Shit, this will make it harder for fires to start. Ok, archers dip you arrows in the oil and wait for my command. May your arrows fly true brothers."  The ships approached fast, a few minutes they were within arrow range. "Let's give them a warm welcome," Riut says with a smile. The men chuckle nervously. "Light your arrows. READY! FIRE!" On the boat the men notice an abnormal line in the sky. Riut watches the fire rain down on the closest ships. Setting men set alight they are either dead or jumping into the water to escape the flames. Some of them are pulled under with the weight of their armor, the ones still on the boat attempt to douse the flames that have strung up on their ships. Most of the arrows are put out but, a few ships are badly damaged. Riuts men reload.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 am

Marcus draws his bow. He had never used this bow before, but was a proficient bowsman. He tried to light his arrow, but it wouldnt light. Angry, he loosed the arrow anyways, wishing it would have lit. Suddenly, the arrow catches fire in a sudden fiery cascade, and lands on a ship, spreading quickly. Men look at Marcus confused, and Marcus stares out, himself perplexed. What the bloody hell?

The half-elven boy from Southwind says, in astonishment, "Tha-Thats an elven bow. Only elves can fire it. How did you do that?"

Before Marcus can answer, arrows whistle down from above. The Rul were fighting back.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 am

"KILL THEM!" Arthur yelled, then shot fire at them from his hands.

He blew a ship apart, and 3 more came in it's place. Paying attention to the battle, he could see that that was a common occurrence. The enemy had more ships than anticipated.

"Keep killing them brothers!" Arthur yelled, amidst the arrows raining down, "Don't stop firing!"

The Ved Dovah looked like an erupting volcano with the fire arrows coming off of it, coupled with Arthur's fire and Marcus's fire arrows. Many burning bodies fell in the water, and a couple of ships caught fire, but the enemy kept coming. The ships that caught fire were being put out by Sirens willing the water, so Arthur focused on the fires already on the ships to engulf the ships. He got some, but not all.

100 yards away, and Arthur was getting antsy. "Fire on them! Don't break yet!"

"Keep firing!" Marcus yelled.

"Don't stop!" Lazarus, Commander of the Town's Watch, said.

25 yards was when Arthur finally called the retreat.

"FALL BACK! TO THE WALL!"

//I made a kick ass start for the battle, then you guys posted lol. It's no biggy, I'll make the speech on the wall or in the keep.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:04 am

//I knew someone would want a speech, that's why I mad the ships stop xD//
Riut hears Arthur call for the retreat. "Archers! Lets give our boys some covering fire!" Riut straps an arrow to his bow, lights it and fires it at the ship.It hits the helms man of the closest ship, crashing them into the cliffs. But doesn't effect them other than that. The archer fire a volley at the oncoming ships, a few firing at the men on the crashed ship. They fire volley after volley, after a few volleys, a city-guard beside him gets hot in the arm with an arrow. "Their returning for plant your shields and continue firing! Don't shoot if you think their firing!" A hail of arrows clicks into the walls and building behind the archers. As the ships get closer the men use miniature catipults to launch smoke and firepot a onto the oncoming ships. Another volley of arrows embed themselves into the shields and walls. Looking down Riut sees Arthur and Marcuses men come into the walls, the gates closing behind them. The archer fire another volley, all striking one ship setting the sails and deck ablaze. Riut sees many of them crawling out the the smoke filled cabin, some part of them on fire others trapped below deck. Riut sees manned row boats emerge from behind the ships moving toward the debris, the larger ships moving towards th harbor. "Left side focus your arrows in the incoming rowboats, drown them in arrows! Right side, fire on the larger ships we need to keep as many as possible from docking!" Another hail of arrows hits more or Riuts archers, one falling off the wall screaming and some others dead. The archers return fire sinking two rowboats and a fewer with it.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:42 am

In the retreat, Arthur lagged behind to make sure his men made it. He pulled his shield and greatsword from his back, and held his shield over his head. 4 men came over the debris and came after Arthur, who banged his sword and shield together and roared savagely. The first man came upon Arthur and sliced at him. Arthur blocked and aimed a stab at the man's throat, damn near cutting his head off. 2 men came upon him next, and Arthur dueled with them until he blocked a slash to his left lung, kicked the man, spun to block another hit, killed THAT man, then stabbed the kicked man in the chest.

He then turned to the last man, who had such a cold aura that Arthur's breath turned to frost. The man looked Frostborne, and he had tattoos on his right arm just like Arthur. For the first time in his life, Arthur was a little intimidated.

But only a little.

He rushed the man, throwing fire at him, then slid on the ground and aimed a slash at the man's legs after blocking an overhead slash. The man lept back, then responded with a kick to Arthur's side with frost, sending Arthur back 25 feet. After he got back up, he looked to his men who were already getting in the gate. He turned back to the Frostman smiling at him and smiled back. He pounded his sword and shield together twice, a challenge for later. The Frostman did it back and stood in the same spot as Arthur ran back to the wall.

When he made it to the top, he could see the Frostman in the crowd, looking at him with grey eyes and his tattoos glowing. He wasn't intimidated by any man or Siren, but the combining of Frostman and Siren together with the power exactly opposite of his opponent... It was enough to send a bit of chill along Arthur's spine.

Is it his power causing the chill? Arthur wondered, then led his men in the coming fight.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Marcus and re-emerged from the castle leading the rear guard, which consisted of Himself, Lazarus, Burris, and two of the Kings personal guard. Marcus shouted to Riut, 

"Get into the castle, we will hold them off!" Twisting and dodging the enemy magic,  Marcus took point and forced the Rul grunt soldiers backwards. These were the weaker Rul, the stronger Rul stood in the back as mages. Riut entered the castle, along with his men, and rear guard fell back in an orderly fashion. Shutting the gates, Marcus knew that the Rul would soon breach the walls. 

"RIUT! There are WAY more men than you said there would be! Where do they even get this many men?! Someone must be aiding them. Listen, we are going to die here if we dont organize a battle plan soon." Marcus turned to King Vala."Is there any chance of outside aid?"

King Vala answered, "From ashwood? No. But i was able to contact House Ornant before the Rul arrived. We may see aid from there."

"Then let us pray, and fight."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Riut and his men run into the castle. "Ferrow, Carmon, Yolloti set those ballista a up near the king's throne. Garth, set your shields down and set up some defenses. Everyone else to the walls and keeps, provide fire for our brothers down there," Riut turns to Vala, "my lord, glad you've got your armor on, grab your best men and head down to the wine cellar. We'll have our last line of defense there. When Arthur and Marcus come through the door we'll barricade it and wait while the archers on the wall provide covering fire." Riut walks to Garth, "when you hear the horn, run down the back stairwell to the cellar. When you go forget the balistas and run."

"Ei Riut." He returns to directing to his troops.

"FERROW! I need you and a few of your men setting the traps by the door. CARMON! I need you and a few men to bring the pots to Garth's position.

"On it!" They round their men and start the task. Riut moves to the Cellar and asks the guards to help him reinforce the door.

"We won't need as much as the front doors but enough so a wind spell won't break through. If we start getting overrun don't hesitate to close the doors. DON'T CLOSE THEM IF YOU HEAR MY HORN!" Riut emphasizes that last point and starts hammering plates of metal to the door.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Arthur stood by the throne watching them make preparations for the last line. "Riut, where do you need me?"

Riut stopped for a minute, "You're a Siren right?" Arthur showed him his tattoos, "I want you at the top providing cover for us. You're better than arrows friend, kill some of those bastards."

"On it," Arthur said, running upstairs to the top of the keep and sheathing his sword as he went. His shield was a porcupine of arrows, but he broke them off and slung the battered wood across his back. Coming to the top of the keep, the city was burning from Siren fires, filling the air around the city with a thick black smoke.

He closed his eyes and focused on the fires and made them flare up, just like earlier with the ships. He could feel fire along his tattoos and engulf his whole body. He opened his eyes and launched fireball after fireball at the enemy, causing explosions of fire everywhere he threw. He could feel himself being drained, but he didn't care. He would go down fighting, and he'll take out as many of the bastards as possible.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:10 am

//I'm waiting on Ibsenia or Dotoria to post the start of the castle portion of the battle. I don't want to start this without you.//

Riut has had time to finalize defenses. Walking to the top tower he sheaths his Khanda and daggers. As he opens the door an arrow imbeds itself in the wall near his head. "FUCK!" He yells ducking. "Garth! How are you holding?"

"We're alright Riut! We lost a few men but their amassing at the gates, most likely preparing fo-" He stops talking as an arrow wizzes over his head. "Damn archers, Farcus focus your squad's fire on those archers! They're getting ready to storm the castle Riut." He says as he turns back toward Riut. A man nearby gets hit in the chest with an arrow, Riut runs to him. Seeing the man was dyeing, he pulled him to cover and comforted him until he died. Riut runs to Arthur who is still firing fireballs at the forces, sweating profusely arrows being blown apart by his magic. His eyes were fogged over and was very pale.

"ARTHUR!" The first yell didn't break his trance. "ARTHUR!" Riut yells again pulling on his shoulder. He looks at Riut, the stone behind him red hot and smoke from the explosions billowing behind him. "Arthur, rest now. I don't want you dying on me, not by your own hands." He recalls an instance in Kinthid, where a Siren exhausted themselves to death defending their family. Death by exhaustion is not the way to go, the man's body stuck in Riut's mind like an arrow in armor. Arthur sits down breathing heavily. Riut gives the Siren some water and an energy formula. "Eat, it'll give you enough energy to help us defend the gate."

"Thank you Riut" Arthur said weakly as he grabbed the items. Riut watched him as he ate and drank, closing his eyes and sinking back against the wall, resting. Riut walks back to the throne room. 'Your time approaches Riut. Your decision will shape your future, there are no redo's this time.' 'I know Erea. This will be very hard.' 'I'm with you Riut, you will survive this battle. I will take some of the emotion off of you Riut, it'll make this easier for you.'
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:27 am

Arthur got up after eating, already feeling better. He could see his tattoo was still glowing, but he felt so "burnt out". He shook of the grogginess and went back down to the throne room just in time to see the enemy break into the courtyard outside, and the forces from outside retreating inside. He pulled his greatsword and shield from his back, and hefted them. The men poured into the keep, and the doors were closed and secured at the last minute, sealing the defenders in the keep.

"You alright brother?" Riut asked, relieved to see Arthur back on his feet and not as pale as he was earlier.

"Aye, I'm fine. Only a matter of time before they break through. My men! On me!" Arthur said, then walked to the main door.

His men came up to him, numbering 43 now, and Marcus came next to him. "Riut told me what happened. You need to be more careful," Marcus chided.

"Marcus, save it. You know damn well that your words are wasted," Arthur said, then turned to the group, "Lads, this battle is worse than the one by Sea Town by far. We didn't train you to fight Sirens, but you've been kicking ass today. Lads, not all of us are going to make it out alive. As a matter of fact there is a very strong possibility that we're all going to die here. We all fight for gods, but we also fight for each other. The man next to you is your shield-brother. We're all brothers here men, a family. Protect each other as such lads."

The main door sounded like it was being hit by a battering ram, and a bit of the door splintered.

"Today is a good day to die brothers! We're all warriors, and a warrior's death should be with a dead enemy at his feet, a war cry in his lungs, and a smile on his face should it not?!"

The men beat their swords and shields together twice in answer, and the door was hit again.

"If we die today, if the gods choose to end our time on this world today, let's take as many of these bastards with us as we can!"

Again, the men beat their swords and the door was hit.

"They are NOTHING! They have NOTHING! Nothing to fight for! Nothing to die for!"

The whole assembly beat their swords and shield together, or banged twice to the beat of the men by the door, and the door was hit.

"Let's give them something to remember! MAKE THEM BLEED!!!!!"

The men shouted and banged on their armor in answer, defiant to the last. The door finally splintered, and the metal head of a ram appeared through the fractured door.

"SHIELD WALL!!!" Arthur yelled, and the man obeyed him, forming a half-circle wall 10 feet away from the door, 3 ranks deep. "KILL THEM ALL!!!"

The door finally broke, and the enemy rushed in.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:39 pm

The door broke, and Marcus grinned. Discarding his shield, he rushed into the fight. Arthur will give me hell for that later, but fuck it. Screaming to his men, he rallied them to push forward as opposed to hold back. Several veterans answered his call, mercernaries and soldiers alike. Marcus wheeled Aelia around, cutting down several grunts, until he came face to face to a cloaked man, with a tattoo on his arm. The man seemed to literally freeze time, and Marcus suddenly shivered. Bringing Aelia around to cut into the mans side, the man raised his tattoed arm, and shot a ball of ice at Marcus. Flying across the room, Marcus passed out unconscious, his right side bleeding and coated in ice shards. 

//I will now continue from Jogo's viewpoint//

Jogo swung his great sword more similar to a club than a sword. Smashing men under his sword, he was bastion among the enemy. However, the Rul were winning. Some of the Town guard had been cut down, and others were routing back to the throne room. Only the mercernaries and assassins stood steadfast still. Sensing victory, the Rul surged forward. There were still hundreds that hadnt entered the castle. Jogo began to get buffeted back by the onslaught, and found other friendlies, forming a tight circle to defend. Jogo swung forward, and while he recovered, Riut jabbed forward, stabbing men in undefended areas. 

Then, a horn blew. For a second, the battle paused, as everyone gestured in confusion. Down from the hill rode hundreds of riders and knights, led by Lord Ornant. They crashed into the enemies outside the castle.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Riut got shield bashed as hit blew the horn, it flying from his hands and he to the ground. He stabs the man with his dagger, stunning him, throwing his other at an approaching man. He brings his khanda arrow cutting the legs off of another grunt. He rises, seeing Marcus lying against the back wall with icicle pieces stuck in his armor. Cutting down another man he runs to Marcus. He under his armor for and damage from the ice, there was none. He calls an assassin to carry him to the cellar while Riut defends him. They pass along the wall to avoid the blunt of the forces. Riut ends up on the ground hearing no noises of combat he looks around surprised to see clouds around him. "Erea?" There was no response except for a figure emerging through the smoke. [i]somethings not right here[\i] he starts to rise notices pain in the left side and rubble falling from him. He picks up his khanda and readies it. The sound start resuming, he notices his hands glowing engulfing the hilt of his sword, he looks back noticing the assassin with Marcus over his back is completely fine but shocked at the force that saved him. "Get him to the cellar! GO! Ill catch up!" Riut begins fiercely swinging his sword, slicing everything that wasn't an ally, after a few men down Riut runs to the cellar, "FALL BACK!" He makes it to the cellar, the last of the assassins and mercenaries make it into the cellar. "LOCK THE DOORS NOW!" They shut them behind him.

"What the hell was that explosion?" an assassin asks.

"They blew through the castle wall, I don't know if it was magic of some kind of explosive, but it was powerful." Riut said taking a look at his left side. His armor was seared and had many pieces of skin missing. Luckily it wasn't very severe. The remaining men braced the door.

Last edited by Falling Stars on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Arthur then looked over to see his friend unconscious with ice shards. He slowly turned to the cloaked man who threw his cloak off to reveal armor just like Arthur. Arthur started to shake with rage, and went against the growing current of retreating men.

"Arthur, what the hell are you doing?! Pull back!" Riut yelled after him.

"You... DARE...." Arthur yelled, his voice growing deeper and his tattoo glowing with blue fire. The fire then engulfed Arthur as he raised his weapons. "DIE!"

Arthur rushed the Siren, who batted him to the side with a swipe from his own sword. Arthur planted his foot a step away from the man, and retaliated with a shield shattering blow overhead, that broke the man's shield in half. The man discarded his shield and aimed a killing blow to Arthur's right side of his neck, to which he blocked, spun, and caught the man's thigh as he was leaping back, making a gash in the man's leg 1 inch deep. Arthur tossed his shield and charged.

The man wasn't done, as he aimed a frost attack to Arthur's chest that would impale him. It struck home...

But it melted on impact.

Arthur started to laugh, a crazed laugh filled with anger, exhaustion, and bloodlust, "My turn!" He dropped his sword and threw blue fire at the man, which he was only barely able to block.

"Arthur stop it! You're gonna kill yourself!" Riut yelled, setting Marcus aside to run for Arthur.

Arthur didn't listen, and with a yell he launched his last attack, and vaporized the man instantly, even though he tried to block with ice.

Arthur then picked up his sword, and his eyes starting to glaze over. "WHO ELSE?!" he yelled to the procession that stopped to see the battle, "WHO ELSE?! WHO WANTS TO DIE!" He spread his arms out, "Anyone?! FINE THEN!" then rushed them.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next