Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Character RP - Page 6 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by East Ibsenia Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:31 pm

//uh. I dont think there were newspapers in the medieval period...since there was not a printing press//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:03 am

//My bad I fixed the post//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 am

//hahaha it wasnt a big deal.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:39 am

They decided to bury their gold beneath a tall Century Oak on the coastline of the Leaven Wood, and stored the Ved Dovah in Sea Town. Arthur was uncomfortable leaving it in the dock. He always looked to ships he piloted as his home away from home, and in this case, it was his only home. Marcus assured him it was the right thing to do, and so Arthur didn't put up a fight. Marcus may not have a way with words with the common folk, but to an educated mind the man could make you trade your cloak for a bag of rotten meat strips. Arthur kissed his ship before leaving, and prayed to the gods that he would be able to see her again.

Sea Town was ruled by King Davin, and the King decided to take residence there for the night. It was a bit of luck, and Arthur and Marcus took advantage of it by requesting to see the King.

"Mercenaries?" Davin asked, without much of a care.

"Aye," Marcus said, nodding.

"Privateers too, we have our own ship," Arthur added.

This got the king's attention, "You have a ship?"

"Aye, and a good crew to sail her."

"How many hands, and what is your ship?" Davin asked, obviously intrigued on the two men standing before him.

"Five and forty," Marcus answered this time, "and a Frostmen..."

"Warship sir," Arthur said, finishing for Marcus.

The king nodded, taking in this new information. "Honestly, until I heard of this ship I was going to turn you down because my navy compared to Amek is pitiful. I need ships, good ships. What is your rate?"

Marcus knew this game now, "What are you willing to pay?"

Davin smiled, "So we're bartering for a contract are we? Hmm, I'd start with 50 Dragons a week, and 20 to start with right now."

Marcus nodded, "That may be good with a company of a hundred or so men, but you also have to take into account upkeep on the ship itself. I'll take 75 Dragons a week, food to feed us, and we'll keep the down payment of 20 Dragons."

Davin smiled, "You take me for a fool?"

"To be honest," Marcus said, then gestured to Arthur, "this man is the greatest Helmsman and captain I have ever seen, and I've been on ships with great captains in the middle of a war. This isn't his first bout either, he's fought in Frostmen wars. Frostmen have been known to be the best shipmen in the mortal world, better than any Eremorian Legend."

Davin looked at Arthur, "So he is a Frostman?"

"Aye, I am. Bastard son of Garrus Ulfrick, Chieftain of the Denok Sentiik," Arthur said.

Davin looked at Arthur's eyes, and Arthur didn't look away. He wasn't afraid of the man at all, fear was unknown to the Frostmen. "We cut it down to 60 and we have a deal."

Marcus weighed his options, and said, "We'll take it. What is our first assignment?"

They moved to a map of Eremor, "I want you to go to Southwind, and report to Lord Hector Rowen, a cousin of mine. Show him this paper, and he'll put you to work. I currently have around 100 ships here, and we've received word of an armada of 300 Warships by Elverand, bound for Southwind to take our city. We cannot let that happen, as it will be a major blow to House Rowe. Defend her successfully and live, and I'll reward you with a victory bonus of 25 Dragons. Here's your first payment." He handed a sack of 20 Dragons to Marcus. "Keep that paper safe, as it will be the only way you'll receive payment, understand."

"Yes sir, move out after we stock up on supplies?" Marcus asked, pocketing the money.

"Aye, and be quick. You should have a good wind pushing you for a couple of days in that direction, take advantage of it," Davin said, then dismissed them.

As they were walking back to the ship, Marcus asked him, "Shall you tell the men, or shall I?"

"You, you hiked up the price for us," Arthur said, smirking in jest.

Last edited by Dotaria on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:03 pm

//the land is eremor, not elbaror.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:42 pm

//My bad lol, ill fix it. Make a post!//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 pm

As Marcus walked onto the ship, the men looked to him. Hmm. Good, They already seem to respect me. He walked to the prow of the ship, and called attention to himself.

"Oy! Soldiers! We have our first contract!"

Marcus told the men the plan, and dismissed them. As the crowd cleared out, he turned to Arthur with a concerned look on his face.

"Arthur, I am no sailor, and I am concerned about this. I don't know how to fight on the sea. I havent trained the soldiers to fight on the sea either. So, for this mission, I want you to have the command. Just tell us what to do."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Arthur took the helm, ordering the men to cast off. "We'll do rowing exercises, and we have grappling hooks to board with. Fighting in hand to hand combat isn't that different from sea, other than the fact you need to work more on your footing and balance with the pitch and rolls of the ship. We'll do ramming exercises to train the men cadence, but it's sort of self explanatory."

"Maybe to a Frostman. I'm more of a heavy horseman," Marcus chuckled.

Arthur smiled, steering away from port. "You'll learn. Whenever I say brace just grab something sturdy, and keep a watchful eye out for any ships about to ram us. Our ship can only take so much before the rams under the waterline take our hull out. It's a fair bit more dangerous on the sea, but it's also a fair bit more fun."

"Crazy Frostman..."

It was midday when Sea Town became a speck on the horizon, and Arthur called the men to him. "How many of you lads have been in a sea battle before, aside from our officers?" A few men raised their hands, about 15 of them. "We're going to be conducting rowing exercises. It's easy for the rowers, it's mainly our drummer that controls our cadence. When we fight Amek's navy, they will be firing arrows and moving as fast as they can to ram us. Their army and navy aren't disciplined, they rely on speed and numbers to win the day. Keep to the cadence, and you should be fine. Reef sail and get to oar, archers at the ready!"

The men scrambled to their positions, and the men reefed the sails. The archers were confused as to where they were supposed to be, but after Arthur explaining to them, they went to the sides of the ship and readied their bows. Arthur had the men start off at cruising speed, and the ship picked up to 7 knots.

"Running speed!" Arthur ordered, giving the helm to the extra helmsman to oversee the men. The drummer pounded out a quicker cadence, and the ship picked up to 12 knots. Arthur nodded, satisfied. "Attack speed!"

The drums pounded quickly, and before long the ship was going at 17 knots and getting faster. The ship kicked up spray on the deck, and the archers were surprised  at how fast the ship was going. "RAMMING SPEED!!!"

The ship picked up more speed, going 21 knots, and the men were starting to get tired. Arthur could feel the ship slowing, and he yelled at the men. "Do you think the enemy is going to let you slow down without killing you? Give it all you've got, ROW!"

They kept that speed for a straight, before the men were exhausted. Arthur was proud of the beginners, not very many people were good at keeping a constant speed when under pressure and going for a long length of time. He was glad of the veterans, and of the big guy Jogo, who handled his oar with ease. Arthur patted the big man on the back and slowed them down. They continued maneuvers for 2 hours, until Arthur said, "Reef oars!"

The men grunted and slowly pulled the oars in. He could feel their pain, the weak arms that were sore from overuse, but the men did good. Arthur clapped his hands.

"That was the best rowing I've ever seen from a beginner group like you guys. Get some food and grog, you've all earned it. Be prepared for tomorrow, we're going to train again for the archers. Keep this up men, and we'll stay alive," Arthur said, then dismissed the men who eagerly went to get their rations.

"That easy?" Marcus asked.

"Ramming ships? Yes. Boarding and repelling? That's your job to train brother. Let's get some food, I'm hungry."

Last edited by Dotaria on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Marcus and Arthur sat down on the prow, eating and enjoying the breeze. Arthur had given over control of the ship to the other helmsman. They were bantering and discussing plans when a young man, hardly 16, approached them.

Marcus looks at him, and recognizes him as one of their own, "Hello mate, you are part of our company arent you? Whats your name again?"

The boy replied, "Arcus Leek sir."

"Ahh! I knew it! I just couldnt remember!" Marcus winks, "So, what did you need?"

"Well, I was just, I....am a kinda afraid for whatever happens tomorrow."

Arthur guffawed, food spitting out of his mouth. Marcus gave him a cross look, but knew the Frostman meant no harm. He had just never known fear before a battle. Marcus turned to the Arcus, and reassured him.

"Aye, Thats normal. If you werent afraid, you would be a damn fool. Just stick by my side tomorrow, and you will come out fine."

Arcus' eyes lit up, and he nodded happily. "Alright, I will! Thank you....." He trailed off, unsure of what to call Marcus.

"Just call me Marcus."

The boy walked off, with a bit of a spring in his step. Arthur turned to Marcus, confused.

"I will never understand how you get people to love you so. But it is time for the men to sleep. We all need to be rested for tomorrow. Ill take first watch."

The next morning, Marcus awoke, and walked out of his cabin. All around him were ships. All flying the same flag. Apparently during the night, Feh Dovah had caught up to the rest of the fleet. Bewildered, Marcus ran belowdecks to wake Arthur.

"Arthur, get up! We are in the middle of the fleet, and i DON'T think they know we are friendly."

Just as he said that, a warhorn sounded, and the fleets Flagship approached, flying the flag of House Rowe.

Character RP - Page 6 CJyi4QS

//I really want to write part of the boarding, so you can write the meeting and beginning of the battle, and I will write the end.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:52 pm

//It's Ved Dovah lol.//

Arthur came to the Helm, and told the helmsman that he should have been woken up before approaching the fleet. "Raise the white flag!"

A warship, called the White Doe, made a heading for the Ved Dovah at ramming speed, when another horn blew. Arthur veered out of it's way, and cursed the captain of the White Doe in passing. He made for the ship with the horn, who came up to him and anchored.

"Your ship is hereby property of the House of Rowe," the Lord said.

"Ah, nye it isn't," Arthur said, handing him the letter from King Davin.

The lord cursed, "Fucking mercenaries." and handed the paper back to Arthur.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am

//Arent you going to write the first half of the battle??//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:47 am

//We just met the friendly navy. I was planning on having the battle 2 days after we meet Davin's navy.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:51 am

//okay. What are we going to do until then???
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:53 am

//Since you're the commander of the company, you can talk to the Lord on board, who can be found out as Lord Rowen.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 am

//Warning if you are sensitive to gory details DON'T READ THIS, I enjoyed writing this, I put a lot of my own emotion into it//
Days have past since Riut and the guild left Mycra. They docked their boat in Faxview, leaving it under the dock warden's guard. Traveling by horse to their safe house in the Black Forest they, rest. "You know I never learned your name." Riut says as he sits down on a fallen tree.
"It's Erea //pronounced ear-a//, I'm from Lyas. I used to be a bartender, before I got in over my head with debt to the Rul Clan, who were the people that attacked the market. They are a group of terrorists based somewhere in the Leaven Wood, who raid small towns or cause chaos for money." He explained to Riut.

"So was it just chance that I was attacked by them?"

"No, they were probably going after Romeo too. You just happened to be in the wrong place." For some reason Riut didn't believe that. Something about Erea shifted when he said that.

"Well, lets get mov-" Riut was cut off as one of the assassins pushed him to the ground. Hearing something fall to the ground he hears an arrow whizz by.

"Shit, they must of followed us!" Erea said, taking out his bow. "Don't move Riut, you're in no condition to fight." The assassin got off Riut and pulled out his daggers. Riut saw them spread out and disappear into the bushes. More arrows whizz by, a few thuds. Then silence. Fearing the worst Riut peered over the log. He saw nothing but underbrush and heard nothing but silence. He heard someone say to his left.

"Where are you going?"

"F*** you and your clan. You go to hell before I tell you!" He other voice said obviously strained, Riut silently gasped as he recognized the voice as Erea's. Pulling out his daggers he moved forward silently. He saw some loose rocks and grabbed some.

"I'll ask again Erea, where is the rest of your guild?" The man said with confidence and a hint of aggressiveness. Riut looked through a bush, seeing a man holding Erea's head with a dagger in his hands. The men turn hearing a bush behind them tussle. He pulls out a pot and throws it into the underbrush. A fire instantly appears. A piercing scream is heard and the assassin that was holding Riut down emerges from the bushes flames engulfing his cape and body. Riut will never forget the man's scream, full of pure agony. Riut wishes he could help him, but revealing himself would result in a similar fate. Erea in tears spits in the man's face and curses him. Riut reacts quickly he throws a rock into an opposite bush. The men throw more fire pots in each of the bushes. Riut, as the  men are distracted stabs the man closest to him taking him into the bushes. The men turn around confused as to where the man went. "Find them."Riut moves toward the fire as the flames will hide him. The burnt corpse of the assassin lay before Riut. He picks an arrow and the charred remains of his bow. Riut tests it to check it's status, which is less than optimal but will work for now. "Assassin's we have your leader, surrender now and you won't suffer his fa-" His sentence is cut off as an arrow pierces his neck, struggling for air he falls, choking on his own blood. Riut runs to Erea.

"Thank the Gods!" Riut exclaims. "Hurry we have to get out of here before they return." Erea looks up at Riut.

"You should be proud to be an assassin. Let us go." Turning they run. Riut looks behind him as he hears Erea grunt. An arrow is lodged in his stomach between his armor's links. "Oh, my" He says as his face pales. Riut pulls an arrow and unloads on the men shooting at him, blind rage blocking out anything but his targets. His last arrow fells the last attacker. He turns to Erea, who is laying facedown in a small clump of white daisies. Riut kneels beside Erea, turns him on his side and removes the arrow. "Riut, looks like I'm in a small predicament." He says weakly chuckling to himself in sadness and fear. Riut puts pressure on his wound wrapping it in the cloth of Erea's cloak.

"You'll be fine Erea, you just have to stay with me." Riut says tears forming in his eyes. "Just don't fall asleep." Erea's eyes flutter for a second, slowly paling to an absence of life they usually had.

"Riut, please take the assassins to the guild. Listen to Termn he knows where to go." He says wheezing slightly. "I just need them safe, their the only family I have. Please make them safe. I wanted to tell you thank you for the rescue. At least we got far enough to be off the maps." He says a little softer than before. "Please, don't leave my body here Riut, I want to be buried with the others. Gods, mark your way." He closes his eyes humming to himself. Riut starts crying, and says "I'm sorry Erea, may the Gods be in your favor. alavidā mērē dōsta." Riut whispers between his sobs. Riut would have heard the assassins approaching another time only until the shook him did he notice them.

"Oh my Gods. Riut, what happened to him? Where are the other men?" Riut, points a bloodied finger towards the fire, which was almost extinguished. The assassins leave and return a few minutes later. "What do you want us to do?"

"Go get more men, we need to give them a proper burial. I'm going to give them my respects." They nod solemnly and run the direction in which they came. Riut, when the men return each grab on of their fallen comrades and head back to camp. Riut behind slightly carrying the limp body of his trainer and friend. He hears his voice, 'Thank you Riut.'
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:32 am

"Why is a gods damned Frostman ship in my fucking fleet?!" the Lord screamed.

Marcus still kept his cool, "We were given our mission by King Davin himself. If you've got a problem, quit cursing your gods and curse your king."

The Lord snarled at Marcus, then walked to him, about to attack him. Arthur pulled his greatsword and put it on the Lord's breastplate, with his men drawing weapons too. "I would advise you to stop."

The Lord looked at Arthur, "Who are you to give me orders peasant?!" and stepped toward Arthur.

Arthur then moved the ornate blade to the man's throat. "I am a Frostman, and this is MY ship. I am king on MY ship. What's to stop me from cutting your FUCKING head off?"

"The fact that you'll die, whelp," the Lord chuckled at him.

Arthur made his face come an inch from the Lord's, "Death will only send me to my gods and ancestors. You'll only be doing me a favor."

"Really?"

Arthur switched his sword to his left hand and placed his right, tattooed hand on the man's breastplate, melting it. "My ship is the fastest in your fleet. You may kill me, you may kill some of my men, but I'll still have the satisfaction of taking your life and your ship. We can act as gentlemen and you can keep your life, or you can die, your ship will burn, and I'll be enjoying your King's gold." He then brought the tattooed hand next to the man's face, enough for him to feel the heat from Arthur's rage sear the hairs in his beard. "What's it going to be?"

The Lord Admiral looked at Arthur with fearful eyes, but didn't show his emotion. "If I issue an order, you follow it. You will be handed a flag and a paper of the different signals of our flags. Every time you hear a horn, look to my ship to receive your orders. You fail, you die."

Arthur smiled and sheathed his sword. He then patted the man on his breastplate, "That was probably the most intelligent thing you've done today. Oh, and wear leather. Makes it easier to swim if your ship goes down."

A gruff man handed the Lord a parchment and a flag, which he handed to Arthur. "Here, and you'll be by the Jerod's Finger in our line."

"I'll find it," Arthur said, handing the items to Marcus, "Hopefully the captain will welcome me more gentlemanly. Now get the fuck off of my ship."

//You can give Marcus's reaction to Arthur in your next post, or you can skip to the battle. Doesn't matter to me.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 am

//Oh, and that was a VERY good post Stars.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:53 am

//Thanks Dotaria, sadly afterward I was slightly depressed. Sometimes you have to take one in the name of art//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:13 am

//Lol, sometimes it's worth it!//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:05 pm

//I know. That is what makes this fun.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Marcus and Arthur spent a few days milling among the ship. They met the captain of Jerod's Finger, who was much less coarse than the admiral, and spent the next two days preparing their soldiers for combat and rappelling. Marcus grew to appreciate the presence of Arcus, and Arcus really looked up to him. Then, on the third day, a war horn sounded. Off to starboard, a fleet floated, flying the colors of House Taren.

Character RP - Page 6 HAbdK7s

The fleet was much larger than theirs. They were large hulking warships, and presented a fearsome sight compared to the smaller Sea Town navy.

Marcus turned to Arthur, just as the Mycran navy sounded its own warhorns.

"Well, looks like it is time for our first scuffle, good luck brother."

Marcus went to put on his armor and take care of the men, while Arthur took the helm.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Arthur addressed the men, “We’ve trained for this for too damned long lads, now it’s time for all those days to may off. Remember, follow orders and you stay alive! Keep your leather on, your weapons close, and kill these bastards!”

The men yelled their defiance.

“Now, to oar! Swab the deck, string the bow, fly our standard! TODAY WE KILL! FOR GLORY! FOR THE GODS!!!”

The men screamed, along with men on the Jerod’s Finger. Marcus walked up to Arthur and patted him on his leathered shoulder, careful not to touch the Frostman’s sword. “You ready brother?”

“Of course,” Arthur said, smiling as his eyes started to glaze over. He then turned to the Admiral’s ship after a warhorn, and saw the Admiral give out an attacking signal. Arthur nodded in approval, “He may be an ass but at least he know’s what he’s doing.”

“How do you mean?” Marcus asked, “We’re so few, so why not defend?”

“Get us to running speed Mr. Arcus! You need to attack to defend. Gotta have momentum to smash the bastards. There are boardings, but not as often as you think. Gotta have enough speed behind you to shove your ram straight up their arses,” Arthur explained.

Marcus nodded, and watched Arthur go to work. “Got a plan of attack, or are you gonna wing it?”

“Initially, I’ll go by a plan. After that though, is usually when things go to shit. You always wanna hit the ship in the 2nd line, that’s what we northerners do. Hit the second line so you can cause the most damage, because hitting a ship head on doesn’t do much, and it would be suicide for us since we don’t have enough ass,” Arthur said, spotting targets, “You also wanna swab the decks to prevent fires. Its a rookie mistake that can engulf a ship in minutes. Bowmen, ready yourselves! Concentrate your fire on the helmsman and drummer! Somebody cover up our drummer!”

“They control direction and speed?” Marcus said, starting to see the big picture of sea battles.

“Aye, if a ship isn’t under control it’s easier for the others to destroy them. Nine times of ten, the captain usually takes the helm, so you also take out leadership,” Arthur explained, and arrows started to whiz by and plop in the water. “Might wanna get us some shields. Archers, fire back!”

Arthur scanned the sea for a fat target, and saw a ship loaded down deep into the water. He figured there was a contingent of men onboard, so he made a mental note of them. He then looked to the fat sow of a ship directly in front of them. “Bowmen! Concentrate your fire on this bastard directly in front of us when we pass him! Take out their fucking helmsman!”

“This is it?” Marcus asked.

“Aye, your sword sharp?” Arthur asked, making light of the battle.

“Always brother. Let’s kill these bastards!” Marcus said.

When the enemy fleet was 200 feet away, Arthur ordered, “Attacking speed!”

The ship moved faster, at 19 knots, and the gap started to close quickly. Arthur veered Starboard at the last second and screamed, “RAMMING SPEED!!!”

He launched straight to the fat sow in the second line, until the ship couldn’t get out of Arthur’s path. “REEF AND BRACE!”

The Ved Dovah crashed into the ship, tearing her side open. Red spray came up on the deck and bathed the fore bowmen in blood, the blood coming from crushed men onboard the other ship. Arthur laughed and yelled, “FIRE!” to the bowmen, who unloaded 3 volleys into the ship, killing at least 30. An enemy ship then crashed into the already breached ship. “Alright! Aft row, get us the fuck out of here!”

Arthur steered his way away from the ship, watching arms, legs, brains, guts, and blood drop from his and the enemy's ship into the water, coming from men who were crushed in the clash. He smiled at them, cursing and jeering at them in Frostman.

Marcus yelled, “Arthur, ship!”

Arthur’s head snapped to port, where he saw a ship coming up to his unprotected side. “RAM AFT!” Arthur tried to get away, but his enemy was on him. When he could finally get himself parallel to his enemy, who came to his starboard side, he breathed a tiny sigh of relief. “REEF OAR!” Arthur ordered, then looked to Marcus, “They’re gonna board us, repel borders! I’ll use my fire to protect us from other ships, but you gotta repel them!”

Marcus slammed his helmet on, then drew his sword and hefted his shield, “I’ve got your back brother!" he told Arthur, then said to the men, "Repel borders!”
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Ethan could see the cookfires from miles away, wispy, black pillars twisting off into the grey, dim sky. This was not Sapphire Lake. It was a city of beautiful gardens, surrounded by hills full of wheat fields and orchards. Now the fields had been harvested as food for Davin's army, the orchards cut down to clear room for tents. Spears laid in stacks where hay bales once sat. Ethan felt a chill of sorrow pass through him. He could only imagine what the townsfolk were going through. Lester was no kind ruler, but he treated the peasants fairly as long as they paid their taxes... but Davin was made of crueler clay. He imagined most men that were not essential to the war effort were impressed into service, and if they refused... the walls were mostly likely lined with their ilk. Sapphire Lake was not supposed to be like this. It was a place of peace and plenty. At this moment Ethan's small column, all hooded, was approached by outriders in ornate, gleaming armor, carrying the banner of House Rowe.

"HALT THERE," the lead knight bellowed. "State your purpose!" It was Jorvis that responded, before Ethan was able to open his mouth.

"I suggest that you speak with some courtesy, sir. You are speaking with a Rowe"

"Am I to believe that a mangy mutt like yourself could be a Rowe?" The knight bellowed back. At this moment, Ethan, spurring his horse forward and throwing his hood back, rode up to the knight, who's eyes quickly widened with surprise.

"Lord Ethan, forgive me! I did not recognize you in... such plain clothes!" Ethan began to put the voice to a name.

"And I did not expect sewage like yourself to be in a knight's outfit, Sloan." Sloan was Davin's childhood friend and righthand man, who shared Davin's crueler tendencies, yet was less able to hide them, garnering him malicious reputation among nobles and peasants alike. Sloan's face reddened at Ethan's remark, yet he held his tongue. Ethan locked eyes with Sloan, and asked,"Now, where is my brother?"
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:20 pm

//Nice post bro, though we kinda made Davin end up in Sea Town..... Just in case you didn't know.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:24 pm

//Still wondering how to add Udo into your little story//
Grothbord
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content