Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Character RP - Page 17 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by Dotaria Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Arthur flew from his horse, hitting to him what seemed like a wall. The horse kept going until he realized it had no rider, and turned back to meet Arthur. Getting up, Arthur went to move and there was the wall again.

He rode ahead of his men, looking for Aron, and was holding a pretty fast gallop until he hit this invisible wall. Assessing his surroundings, he started to notice humanoid beings emerge from the brush on the other side of the wall.

"Who are you? What is your business here?" one of them asked.

"A close friend of mine left our party, and I was looking for him," Arthur said.

"A Halfling?" they asked.

"Aye, Half-elf."

"He ran north, dunno where," they said, and turned to meld back into the wood.

"Wait! Isn't there someone I can talk to? I know you people are strong with the Language. Help me, please!" Arthur said.

One of them turned, "You're a Siren looking for a Half-elf, and both of you are abominations. Do you honestly think we're going to help you?"

Arthur realized what they were doing, and became very angry. He placed his hand on the wall and heated his hand up. He fueled his fire with his rage, and the whole area became intensely hot.

"You're a fool, Siren. You can't burn a hole in the Wall."

Arthur intensified his fire, until a white handprint was burning itself in mid air, and Arthur could feel his hand going through. It was draining him, but he was angry, VERY angry.

The Elves, for probably the first time since they were considered children, had fear in their eyes. This Siren was the strongest one they had ever met, strong enough to begin burning a hole in their wall. The heat was so intense, his clothes were catching on fire. His armor, though, was on his horse.

An Elf rode up to see what was going on, and saw what Arthur was doing. How in the hell can he burn Magic?! the Elf thought, and said, "Stop, please! I can help you!"

Arthur turned his head to see the elf and moved his hand away. He was naked as his name day, and the breeze that repaired the Wall sent goosebumps all over his body. "Who are you?" Arthur said, in a strangely calm tone.

"I am Elredar, Commander of this post. I understand your name to be... Arthur?" the Elf said.

This took Arthur back, "You know my name?"

"Aye, a man came to me in the night and warned me of your coming," the Elf said, "Where is Aron?"

"I'm looking for him, your guards said he came and went north," Arthur replied.

The Elf, with obvious anger in his eyes, turned to his men. "I TOLD you if anyone were to come to the Wall today that you would TELL ME." He said, in a calm tone but emphasizing his words. "Move away from me, now."

The Elves obediently bowed their heads and faded into the trees.

"Who came to you? Did they say their name?" Arthur asked.

"Marcus was his name, he was an apparition."

This stopped Arthur's heart. "Marcus? Then he must have told you the importance of the boy, right?"

"Aye, he did. I told my superiors, but they fail to believe that a Siren and a Halfling can change this world for the better. They have ignored me," Elredar said, sighing.

Arthur was disappointed, but sympathized with the Elf, "Can you tell me where he is? You speak the Language, don't you?"

The Elf closed his eyes and reached out with his mind. After a minute, he said, "He's moving north, toward Beleriand. If you ride hard today, you can reach him by nightfall, but you must go alone."

Arthur bowed his head to the Elf, "Thank you for your kindness to a stranger and abomination. I am forever in your debt, Elredar."

The Elf smiled, "You do what you have to do, and bring him back here as soon as possible. If you get back, burn the Wall again and I'll come to you. That will be our signal, and I'll do whatever I can to bring you inside to talk to our leaders for an army. He needs to be strong enough with the Language, though, or they won't find him worthy."

"Thank you friend," Arthur said, putting on his armor and mounting his horse, "I will return."

"Farewell Arthur."

Arthur rode back to the party, and told them what was going on. "Riut, I want you to take the men and go back to the Ved Dovah. The Dovah is a good ship, she won't lead you wrong, but if you hurt her I'll rip your damn heart out."

Riut chuckled, still reeling back from the episode the day before, "Of course Arthur."

"Caleann, go with him. I have to ride on my own and I'm better on my own. You'll be more useful on the ship anyway, as I think our enemy is onto us with the episode yesterday. You're the only one who can take them out quickly anyway. Farewell, and I'll see you all again. I move for Beleriand, so sail there and wait for my word."

With that, he rode hard for north and Aron, not hearing another word. He wasn't worried about his men, they were all loyal to him and so was Riut. Caleann however.... He immediately felt paranoid about leaving her out of his sight, but he had to get to Aron. Quickly.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 am

East Ibsenia wrote:
Stepping down from his horse, Aron walked forward and past the guards, into the Leaven Wood. The elven guards stared in shock, while Aron turned and grinned at the smugly. Then, he flew back outside the barrier and landed face-first. The guards, realizing what he was, drew their swords. "Filthy Half-Elf! Get out of here!"
//I think itll be a good idea to split up. Valen may join, and I am going to go with him. The group has become too large and sluggish. This way something will get done.//
//The magical barrier isn't so much one that prevents anyone but those who have elf blood from getting in - it's more complicated than that. It has more to do with relation to the elves and intentions with regards to the Elven wood. It still won't let in the wide majority of those who attempt to enter, but it is a barrier that restricts those who aren't elf, but in addition, filters out those with bad intentions.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:51 am

Caleann nodded to Arthur, then watched as he took to his horse and bolted out of the clearing, headed North. She waited until the dust had settled, then looked to Riut and said "You're on your own. If by some chance we meet again, good fortune to us both. I saw this boy... Aron... and for some reason he is stuck in my head. As such, I will be following Arthur." She got on Acorn, and used a riding tactic she had learned from the elves. Galloping one's horse and riding hard was not the most efficient way to ride. Acorn was fast, but had a much larger endurance if she rode him slightly slower. That way, she could continue through much of the day without break, and could continue the next. In addition, she could sense where Aron would be, whereas Arthur could not. She spent the time watching both of them through their life energy pulses. She would catch up, and soon.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Arthur's horse was a good horse, usually for a man his size a horse would have to stop for at least 20 times a day, but this horse had to stop only 16 times before nightfall. As he was about to settle for the night, he could smell a fire. Looking around himself, he could see a faint glow about a mile off from his position and he trotted over. Sure enough, he was met by a familiar looking person holding a spear to him.

"Back up!" the voice said, though it wasn't Aron.

"Kevin, was it? Stand down brother, it's me, Arthur," Arthur said, raising his hand.

The man lowered his spear and called for Aron. Aron walked up to Arthur and said, "You followed me?"

"Aye, you're father wouldn't grace us with his presence after death if it wasn't important. What the hell were you thinking, going away from camp with little supplies and little money? Are ya asking to die out here?" Arthur said, lashing out at Aron a little but relieved he was safe.

"You aren't my father, Arthur," the man said.

Arthur turned his head to the side, "No I'm not, but I am your commander in the Mercenary company, and as such, I can deal a sentence of death for your desertion of the company without proper notification to the commander. You made a verbal contract, and as such I can execute you and your friends right this minute. Now, boy, shall we continue our dick whipping or shall we actually be amicable toward each other and do what we have to do?"

Aron smiled, "It's Arthur guys. I figured some of the people who attacked the camp followed us, so I had to make sure it was you."

Arthur chuckled, "Very intelligent of you Aron, is there anything to eat?"
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm

El Fiji Grande wrote:
//The magical barrier isn't so much one that prevents anyone but those who have elf blood from getting in - it's more complicated than that. It has more to do with relation to the elves and intentions with regards to the Elven wood. It still won't let in the wide majority of those who attempt to enter, but it is a barrier that restricts those who aren't elf, but in addition, filters out those with bad intentions.//

//Well, i believe a blood barrier makes more sense. In terms of magic at least. Fiji i know you like your elves but this is a team effort. We gotta write it together.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:11 am

//So, ibsenia, you gonna make a post?//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:36 pm

//Im in florida, and I was under the impression you were gonna write our encounter post.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:54 pm

//I wrote the first part lol.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:05 pm

//oh. Totally missed that. Ill get to it yeah.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:59 am

East Ibsenia wrote:

//Well, i believe a blood barrier makes more sense. In terms of magic at least. Fiji i know you like your elves but this is a team effort. We gotta write it together.//
//yes... I concede... a bit...//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:01 am

East Ibsenia wrote://oh. Totally missed that. Ill get to it yeah.//
COME ON
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:29 am

//WHAT//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:13 am

As the day drug on, Riut looked towards the horizon. what do I do now? Most of the mercenarys were loyal to Arthur and Marcus because they respected them. What happens when I'm in command and they don't receive payment Riut thought to himself. A strange thought, but a realistic one. He'd overheard some of the mercs talking about not being able to send money home to their families. The bigger question is could Riut man the ship with only 13 people?
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 am

//You have all of the men except for like 6 people.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 pm

//I hinted at why I might only have 13 people. It'll be interesting.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:07 pm

TO BE RETIRED TO A HIDDEN PLACE (soon)

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Tue May 27, 2014 12:48 am

AND TO BE REAWAKENED....... NOW

//I don't remember exactly where we left off, and I'm too lazy to figure it out - so just go with it, ok.//

Caleann looked beside her on each side. She looked first at Arthur and Marcus, then at Aron on the other. Before them was a small pile of twigs surrounded by a few stones. Darkness was falling quickly as the sun set behind the distant horizon, giving the sun a cool light. She spoke up then, and it was the beginning of a new era in civilization - a time when new beings were to experiment with magic.

"I must be honest with all of you. Elves, in their ability to harness the wonders of magic, become powerful creatures. But these are new times, and dark forces are stirring in the world. It is nary a day when a young elf such as myself and several powerful warriors get assaulted by weaker beings in weaker numbers - and stand a chance. The wall that you discovered, Aron, is the wall that guards the Leaven Wood from invaders, but also prevents the secrets of the forest from leaving. That wall is getting weaker. Slowly, day by day, the magic that created it loses power. The elves that have produced its magic for thousands of years now age, and dark magic is becoming rampant on the outside."

"As such, I will break an age old elven tradition, to key magic among elves and elves alone. It is well known that Sirens can access crude forms of magic - like the ability to roughly manipulate the elements; water, earth, air, and fire. But this vague manipulation of matter is far less powerful than what I would consider true magic - that is - magic through the use of The Language. Both forms drain life energy, and both forms must be used carefully. Even when humans have known The Language, it was exceedingly rare for any to become aware of the magic that flows through it - and even then, rarer for them to learn to use it. Some discover magic in the form of ideas, and pull magic through willpower, but are imprecise in their approximations of true magic. An example of someone like this is Arthur here."

"I can help Arthur to become a more powerful Siren - but as the elven saying goes, "Once a Siren, always a Siren", he will likely remain as one. As for Marcus - I know little of him. I cannot say whether he will learn The Language and manage to use it. I know that he will benefit from it when it improves his weaponry and crisps his mind. But my focus will lie with Aron. I am somehow drawn to Aron, as if some god somewhere in some time has connected us magically. Aron is also the youngest, and for some reason magic comes most easily to those with yet creative minds."

"So now, with the sun at the cusp of the horizon, falling steadily, I will ask something of myself, of Arthur, and finally of Aron. I also ask that Marcus - just watch. But remain absolutely silent. Be patient. All of you. Magic is slow to learn, and slower to first break into. Now. Watch. I have a small twig here.
Arthur - please light this twig on fire."

Arthur took the twig, threw it into the air, and it alit in a blaze of flame. A breeze then blew the ashes away, leaving nothing. He smiled.

Caleann looked at Aron. "To state the blindingly obvious, that is magic. I'm assuming Arthur could have used a bit more finesse, but the fact of the matter was that creating such a blaze in such a small time was easiest for him, because unlike what I call true magic, which is powered by life energy, Sirens derive their power from pure emotion. Arthur could have made the stick either far more controlled in fire or perhaps even an inferno depending on how much emotion he had put into it. However, just like true magic, emotion is draining and is a limited resource. Now I will take a similar twig, and do the same with true magic."

She took the twig, and, placing it at eye level, let go. The stick remained in position where she had left it, seemingly floating on a cushion of air. "The difference here is that I am mentally controlling the stick, not the air around it."

"Now.. Fierna."

The twig caught, and with a crackle and a pop, came alive with fire. "Skölir nosu fra fierna." The twig then became surrounded by a licking flame, but no heat emanated from it. Caleann reached out and touched the twig. The flames danced around her fingers, leaving them unaffected. She then pinched it between her fore finger and thumb, and laid it to rest in Aron's hand.

"What I have done is caught it on fire, but then shielded us from it, such that we can now play with the flame as if it were not there. But one should remember - it is there. If you take another twig, that too will catch fire if you hold the two together. It is the flame itself we are protected from, but other beings and other objects are unaffected by the magic."

She blew out the flame. "Now. Your turn. We'll do this in stages. Firstly, you will learn to raise the twig mentally. This is harder than it looks. You have to know the twig. Sometimes it helps to visualize it in your mind. While getting a twig to lift is a relatively simple task, I doubt you will master it within the next week, let alone tonight. Usually elves have years of training before they even attempt at magic. You don't get this privilege. Time is running out."

~~~

Last edited by El Fiji Grande on Tue May 27, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue May 27, 2014 3:23 am

"Aye Arthur," Aron said, "We have a boar on a spit and are about to dine in now. Guys! Cut the man a slice!"

Arthur ate with the small party, and they conversed until an elf showed up. "Caleann."

"Arthur! I see you found our little runaway," she said, and hopped off her horse.

"Aye," Arthur said, "The Elves told you where to go?"

"Yes," she said, "and they also told me of the stunt you pulled on The Wall. No Siren has ever burned a hole almost completely through, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Arthur said, "Come sit with us."

//Fiji's post takes place.//

Arthur asked Caleann, "Are there any Sirens who have mastered their power that I can learn from? There are still two elements I must learn."

"I know of none, but if you need to learn Earth, there is one who knows Earth close to Beleriand where we're going. Let's mount up."

"Aye," Arthur said, "Are you men still loyal to me or to Aron now?"

The men shuffled, but said, "You are still our commander, and you scare us more than Aron or the Elf combined. You shall lead sir."

"Good, then let's ride," Arthur said, swinging his leg over his horse's back. "Let's get to this Earth Siren quick."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Tue May 27, 2014 5:06 pm

"I understand your intentions, Arthur. I understand that the best way for you to become more powerful and more skilled is to learn your elements. But you must also understand that learning magic of any kind is intensive, and takes not only time, but plenty of patience. It would be best if I stay alone here with Aron to study. However, given the times, we need to stay together. I propose that I travel with Aron along side you and your men, to the same destination, but that the two of us would be a separate party. That would give us time to stop if I wished to show him something, and plenty of time in the evening for him to learn."

She respectfully hesitated, waiting for his reply.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Arthur turned his horse to her, to look at the elf, "I understand we all have things to learn, but we have to do so as quickly as possible because, as you said, we don't have a lot of time. We need to keep moving, and I don't want you to get too far behind us in case we can't help you immediately. I'll compromise: we'll go at a slow pace for you yet still make time. We'll stop when you say so as long as you don't stop all the time. I sense trouble will come to us on the way, so we need to keep it tight." With that, Arthur turned his horse back north and forged on with the rest of the men.

That night, they camped just outside the Wall. The Elven Rangers, albeit to their displeasure, gave the party food and water and spoke harshly, or as harshly as the beautiful Elven tongue could get, to Caleann. They looked as if they were arguing, but Caleann said something that got their attention, and with angry faces, they melded back into the wood within the Wall.

"They're still angry that you burned a hole in it," Caleann began, "I know emotions could do so much, but not THAT much."

"I derive most of my power from my rage," Arthur said, "I'm very protective over those I care about, and they wouldn't help me."

"The Leaven Wood is the last bastion of defense for people who use The Language. They are angry because you pointed the obvious to them," Caleann said, taking some of the meat from the spit.

"And what is that?" Arthur asked, then immediately got the answer before Caleann spoke.

"The Wall is weakening. Life forces made the wall, and it is as if the Wall is dying. What we have to do, though I don't know what, must be done soon or the Wall will completely die," Caleann said with sadness.

"That's a reassuring thought," Arthur said, then patted her back, "We'll do what we have to do to keep everything together. We're strong enough, and the Gods chose US for a reason. You, me, and Aron all have a part to play in the will of the Gods, and we WILL play that part."

"You Humans are so... Passionate. My people think it is your downfall yet I think... It may be our saving grace," Caleann said.

Arthur chuckled, "It was probably the Human Condition that got us here in the first place."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Tue May 27, 2014 9:59 pm

//Is Aron East Ibsenia's character?//

It is interesting what I have become. To my people, I am a traitor; to the world, a stranger. Yet I have become the bridge between two very different worlds... and in doing so, changed much in myself. I have broken so many traditions, yet discovered so much, and in doing so, have torn a hole in what was reality - just as Arthur burned a hole in the wall.

The Wall. If the wall came down, as it was deteriorating day by day.... Well. The elves would not be completely helpless; indeed, we would be as powerful as before... but our sanctuary would be gone - possibly forever. And the dark forces of the world, seeking to rid themselves of magical enemies would wreck havoc and destruction on the isolated beauty of the Leaven Wood.

I will not allow that to happen. I am what I am, and will continue to be - for if I am not, hope in this world may slowly diminish, as if it were never there at all...

As she pondered, deep in her thoughts, it occurred to her that, as it had occurred to her many times before, that the world is not good and evil, black and white, but instead neither extreme. Just as her people saw her as betraying them in leaving the Leaven Wood and become friends with Arthur, of all 'things'm, so too did Aron see her as a mentor and so too did the others see her as both a friend and an enemy, so too did she see herself in the right - ever confident, ever elegant, and ever hopeful for a better world.

It was then that she noticed Arthur waiting. She looked up, noting the temperature of the air around her, and the morning shadows and the songs of the birds. She nodded, got up, packed her things, and rode.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed May 28, 2014 8:30 am

//I will post later, when I have time//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down