Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

+8
Dotaria
Grothbord
Hockesin
El Fiji Grande
Admin
hijjma
Topsail Empire
Atlantica
12 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Hockesin wrote:\\ I agree with this and would like to add that your nation needs to have a weak point somewhere. It can't be all five stars.//
//I'm assuming that you're referring to Atlantica?//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Atlantica Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:37 am

//I see your point, guys. I would try fixing the wordings as soon as I have time, along with the readjustment of casualties.//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:48 am

//And I've edited.//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 am

Germany,Stuttgart 2:47 p.m.
At a apartment building, Captain Kohel and 10 of the top spies of the GIA (Grothbord Intelligence Agency) the spies were to be briefed,
"Alright you four, this mission will turn the tides of this war if you succeed. What you must do is to infiltrate Atlantican military bases,factories and eliminate high ranking commanders and generals of such. You will be transported from here to Augsburg, then from Augsburg to neutral territory, Geth. From Geth a van will wait outside of the airport with all your supplies and more needed to complete your missions. From there you will board Flight-312, do not worry the pilots and other staff they are ours."

Captain Kohel took a sip of water and cleared his throat. He un-holstered his gun. "Now funny thing, one of us isn't who they say they are. Jack, please show us your arm..." Requested Kohel.
Jack refuesed to do so.
Kohel yanked Jack to him and pulled up his sleeve. There was the number 221 tattooed on his shoulder. "Interesting, isn't 221 Erich's number?" Asked Kohel,
Erich pulled up his sleeve, the number 221 revealed itself.
Kohel aimed his gun to Jack's head and filled his head with lead.

//That was to stop Atlantca or others to say 'I had a spy in there >Very Happy' I'm being very careful here.//
"As I was saying, once you reach Augsburg your numbers will be erased. 3 of you will go to sabotage military bases 3 of you will sabotage factories and the rest will execute commanders and generals. MOVE OUT." Captain Kohel ordered
//Sorry if it was bad and hard to read, i don't have much time.//
Grothbord
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:13 am

Dotaria wrote://Plus, to the victor go the spoils. You are, by all intents and purposes though not by name, my protectorate. I can do as I please.//
//when can I not be your protectorate? When I pay off my debt to you?//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 am

//Until I can't afford to have you as my protectorate.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Dotaria wrote://Until I can't afford to have you as my protectorate.//
//can we make it so that I am not your protectorate once I pay off my debt?//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 am

Atlantica wrote://And I've edited.//
//That's much better, thank you.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:31 am

//I'll try to write this as cohesively as possible... with the edits, I hope I get the sequence right. (along with the dates)//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:41 am

//I wonder how you would carry out the strike-backs on Vancouver Island and Hawaii...//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 pm

\\*cough* Mongolia *cough*//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Atlantica wrote://I wonder how you would carry out the strike-backs on Vancouver Island and Hawaii...//
//I haven't started writing yet.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 am

March 18th, 1300
Ulaanbaatar, Atlantica

While a massive attack was going on over at Hawaii and Vancouver Island, the Northern Front was rather... silent: though the battle between the Atlantican and Hockesin Forces took to Mongolia, the situation had come to a lull (temporarily). While the Atlantican Artillery continued to provide incredible support against the escaping and resisting Hockesin forces, the Atlantican soldiers, on tilt-rotors and utility helicopters, began to zip through the skies and land onto the buildings, taking over the entire city building by building.

An extreme battle was on the air as well: F-60's versus Hockesin Su-35's. Though the Su-35's were somewhat better in terms of maneuverability (though both had thrust-vectoring, Su-35's maneuverability had been somewhat better), the Atlantican F-60's had stealth - something the Su-35's didn't even have. Though some were forced to take it in close-range combat, many F-60's had the early BVR strike capability: killing Su-35's from long ranges, thereby making their maneuverability pretty much useless (except for evasion). Some Su-35's managed to escape - through advanced maneuvering, they attempted to break lock. However, many had been dead.

Meanwhile, General Akulov had been watching this from his command center - quite a feat, given the massive scale. This had been possible through significant air support, while two more legions - the Ninth and the Seventeenth - arrived to the northern front for combat. From the recon drones and fighters, he had been notified of the controlled retreat back into Siberian territory - though the reason was unconfirmed, he was sure that the Hockesin commander was up to something.

As time passed, the recon drones proved more: as they retreated, they destroyed bridges, burnt buildings and turned much of the infrastructure into a massive minefield. The Fifth Legion had deployed minesweeper vehicles - at an effort to clear the path. The effort from the past forty-eight hours had cleared most roads to be accessible, but the Atlantican Military knew that they cannot relax.

The battle continued on - a battle at Ulaanbaatar, Hockesin forces slowly retreating for some reason, and the Northern Front slowly being pushed to the north.
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:32 am

Panama Canal, Caliwestia
1305 March 18th

The 4 Richmond Class attack submarines surfaced right before entering the canal, their destination was the Pacific. After an hour and a half of passing through the canal, they had reached the vast blue waters of the Pacific ocean. Plunging down to 200 meters below sea level, they began loading torpedoes into the tubes. They began sailing North, towards Vancouver.
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:34 am

March 17th, 14:47
Hawaii Pacific Command

Webben Dale sat in a small desk chair, hunched over a screen. Ominous it was indeed that nothing had been heard or seen from the Atlanticans since their surprise attacks and some remote submarine warfare. But here it was before him - one of the Caliwestian subs on patrol in the North Pacific had disappeared. It was gone - just gone. He knew what this meant. There was something out there.....

Another sub in the area quickly messaged in "One sub down. We've been on the hunt on a Atlantican carrier force bound toward Kexarus. They've taken severe hits - including several destroyers and, believe it or not, an entire aircraft carrier. They're hunting us down as we speak."

Another hour and a half later, and that submarine was gone as well. But the two submarines and their crew's sacrifice had paid off - the Atlantican attack force had been spotted, and heavy damages had been inflicted. It was being tracked at this moment by computer models - constantly updated as new reports filed in.

Dale telephoned San Francisco "It looks like the Atlanticans are on the move. They seem to be headed towards Kexarus, but we can't be certain." A husky voice on the other end replied "Alert all our north-western forces. It may be that the attack isn't directly against us - and even if it isn't, Atlantican forces on the North American continent would be disastrous.

March 18, 02:20
Vancouver Island

The entire Pacific coast of Caliwestia had been put on alert, and that included Vancouver island, especially since it is the northern most part of Caliwestia. Ground forces are stationed near the south of the island, and these are now geared up and ready for combat, having spread around the island some. Men are arming anti aircraft guns, and anti-missile weaponry has been activated just south of Seattle.
The navy in Everett had been ordered to disperse although some had been ordered to Seattle.
-----
Daniel Pike and his team of men moved through Vancouver Island's sparsely covered pine forest, making their way to the northern tip of the island. Another division had been deployed out of Seattle to cover the island as well, but they were following another route.

Suddenly, overhead, their was a high pitched thunderclap sort of noise, and the smoke contrail of a missile arced across the sky. Pike looked up, and was partially relieved to see that the missile was heading Northwards. But that still meant that the enemy was getting close. Another missile came, and then another, all heading to the north. Later, he heard the distant noise of a chopper, which thankfully was also heading north.

Finally, they reached their destination - a green hill that was covered in ice plant. Pike knew this was no ordinary hill, especially since he could see the distinctive hole in one side of it, signifying a battery. His men went down one side, and went in, sealing the doors shut behind them, and locking them. He knew that these batteries had been built long before, during the Cold War, but luckily, they were still operational. Together, they prepared several shells, loading each one. They could aim through the slit, and could choose when to fire it. There were only two problems: the deafening, echoing noise, and the fact that they could only reload every five minutes, if working quickly. Separate chambers had been constructed to serve as noise protection while the battery fired. The battery has a range of 24 miles, and the shell travels extremely quickly.

Pike was terrified at these moments. Never during the fight itself, but waiting for an attack to come just made him go nuts, especially since the attack might never come - if it was in fact heading for Kexarus.

As time passed, he grew somewhat more hopeful, but ever more anxious. Finally, it came. It came so fast he hardly had time to see it coming. Planes shot across the horizon, heading straight towards Seattle and... well... them. Pike heard shots firing, unsure if it was the automated antiair guns, or bombs from the planes hitting the anti-air guns. Pike hated this as well. Not being able to see what was going on, ignorant of the situation. Once situational awareness was lost, for him it was all over. Thankfully his men did not feel the same way. Their calm coolness reassured him that all was well.

March 18, 02:39
Seattle, Washington

While many sleeping towns on Vancouver island had just been suddenly awakened, the city of Seattle was fully awake. A full evacuation had started hours before, but there were still thousands upon thousands of people in the city. Seattle transformed into a near ghost town was not a sight he had thought he would ever see - or hoped to see. But here it was, and for now he was glad, because damage to the civilian population was now limited. "He" was one of those average Joe bystanders, settled down, and living the way life was meant to be lived - in his opinion. By his side were his wife and two young children - one boy and one girl. His name was Jerrod Suht, and he stood on a hill in the middle of pines, overlooking Seattle. They watched intently as anti air guns fired, and missiles were launched. The invading planes hadn't reached Seattle yet, but only a few had been hit. Then the planes entered Seattle airspace, firing salvos into the buildings below and at the air defenses. Explosions could be seen from within the city, and a plane got hit. It quickly began to burn, then slammed into the side of a building. Smoke rose around the city, and flames showed from the tops of two buildings. Two plane looped around again, then headed back to sea. The rest had been shot down. Then a missile was fired, again, from just south of Seattle. It provided the world to see that Caliwestia had developed world class missile technology, and it also provided the distant hillside observers with a massive fireworks show. It raced north of Seattle, and high in the sky, collided full force with another object, creating a massive fireball that gradually declined in intensity and fell to the ground. Then the sound hit, a deep rumble, like thunder. Had the observers seen the incoming object, they would have noticed it as a missile.

While the city had been warned ahead of time, only 435 civilians were killed or injured, 97 of whom were firefighters - much less than it otherwise would have been. The city itself had suffered far more severe losses, with some of the buildings reminisceint of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Jerrod looked down, put a dirty hand over his face, and began to cry.

March 18, 03:42
Vancouver Island

Pike noticed shortly after that the planes were gone. He briefly went outside - he HAD to know. He saw that the AA guns had been wiped out, and that smoke drifted around, and several trees had been knocked over. He had no idea what had happened in Seattle, but he now knew what he needed to know. The defenses on Vancouver Island were now the several batteries - that doubled as bunkers - and the additional division or two in the wilderness south of their position.

On the horizon, he saw glittering objects in the moonlight, which he instantly recognized as ships. It was his assumption that they were enemy ships, and if he was wrong - well, too bad. "Men: we have a mission. See those ships - we need to defend Caliwestia, we need to defend our way of life. We need to destroy those ships."

They pointed the massive cannon, sighting one of the objects on the horizon. It would have been easier had it been day time, but 'you gotta make do with what you got', as the phrase goes. They locked the cannon in place, lit a fuse, and then ran like hell into the separate rooms. Pike found himself in one of the ancient bathrooms, waiting. Always waiting. Then, a cataclismically loud burst exploded and echoed around. The walls had done practically nothing. His ears stung. They ran out again, reloaded, and aimed. They heard a loud bang as another nearby battery went off. This process repeated seemingly dozens of times, as the approaching ships came ever closer, never seeming to take a hit. The men, refusing to be discouraged, continued, although at a somewhat slower pace. The ships were now only a mile or so off the shore. Dawn had arrived, but sunlight had yet to pierce the horizon.

Another bang. Another thunderous splash. Then another, this time a hit! It seered into the side of a landing ship, ripping the craft to smithereens at this distance. Men poured out, starting to swim closer to shore. Most, if not all of them would make it, but they would be exhausted by the time the reached the shore. Pike noticed that the larger, more important ships had stayed a decent distance offshore - enough so that they were effectively out of reach of the rusty cannons. Pike knew that as soon as Atlantican men hit the shore, it would be all over.

They shot again, and again. Of the twelve or so..... Pike's rough estimation - four were shredded. But then, the men hit the beach. The pointed and aimed, then fired. The massive shell slammed into the sand of the beach, erupting like a volcano a mountain of sand and a scattering of soldiers - leaving a crater that quickly filled with sea water.

Pike and his men reloaded again, but a man propped a gun around the corner of the slit and began to fire on the men within. Pike ran to the doors, undid the locks, and was about to run out when a bullet sliced into the back of his right knee. He buckled over, his face contorted in pain, and his head hit the concrete ground with a splat. The first bullet was followed by two more, one missing him completely, and the other burrowing itself in the side of his chest. One of his men saw the pool of blood around Pike's head, and knew he was dead. He ran out the open door, followed by a few others. They scrambled up the hill and into the woods.

Along the entire coast, men poured up the beach. Men now lay in the woods, using machine guns to mow down enemy soldiers. Thousands must have died on that beach. But they were simply outnumbered. Their moral fell, but it was too much to think. They retreated multiple times over the course of the day - the Atlanticans taking about half of the island in that short time. More divisions came as reinforcements, but the fight was a losing one. It was simply a matter of time and a matter of how many Atlanticans they could take with them.

Meanwhile....
March 18, 04:20
Honolulu, Hawaii

Last edited by El Fiji Grande on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 am

Topsail Empire wrote:Panama Canal, Caliwestia
1305 March 18th

The 4 Richmond Class attack submarines surfaced right before entering the canal, their destination was the Pacific. After an hour and a half of passing through the canal, they had reached the vast blue waters of the Pacific ocean. Plunging down to 200 meters below sea level, they began loading torpedoes into the tubes. They began sailing North, towards Vancouver.
//I have ships in the canal. I would have noticed and blocked your passage.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 am

//I am on your side. Remember, I am helping you fight Atlantica.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:41 am

Topsail Empire wrote://I am on your side. Remember, I am helping you fight Atlantica.//
//Well, alright then. I will send a destroyer with them from the canal then. If you try to sink that thing, it will at least take a few minutes - hopefully a few hours - we'll have plenty of time to drop depth charges.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:44 am

//sounds good. Does 5 days sound reasonable to reach Vancouver?//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:28 am

Port Angeles (Modified Coalition Foward Operating Base), Washington
1300 UCT -8, 18 March

General Lars Breekov listened to the few survivors of the initial attack on Vancouver. The men were exhausted, and of the 500 some ought men who made it, 320 of them died of exhaustion. The rest had to have medical attention aside from a handful who were Caliwestian Special Forces, and even these men were exhausted.

Once they finished their debriefing, Breekov congratulated them, "Good job gents. I imagine your commander in Port Angeles will put you in different divisions, since the two sent in were wiped out, but all of your divisions did well. You gave those squinty-eyed bastards hell, and that's all that can be asked of you men. Get some food from our chow hall and hydrate. I expect you men will be briefed on our upcoming attack personally, once we have a plan. Again, you did a fantastic job gentlemen. If you don't get some kind of medal for this, I'll be sure to put the word in to our King in Sweden to recognize your service. Get some rest guys."

"Yes, sir," the men said, tried their best to salute, and walked off to the chow hall.

Breekov turned to the Caliwestian General next to him, Jim Vedson, "We have to do something, more than just keeping their heads down. I can only imagine how you feel about this, we need to counterattack soon."

Last edited by Dotaria on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 am

Topsail Empire wrote://sounds good. Does 5 days sound reasonable to reach Vancouver?//
//well, maybe, but it'll be more like a week, because I still only half trust you. We'll be taking a wide berth around San Francisco.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 am

Dotaria wrote:
Breekov turned to the Caliwestian General //Don't know his name lol.//, "We have to do something, more than just keeping their heads down. I can only imagine how you feel about this, we need to counterattack soon."

//Caliwestian General Jim Vedson//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:40 pm

//Fixed.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:34 am

March 18
Ulaanbaatar, Atlantica

Spies,
Erich Lewchester
George Hanswirch
Mateo Shewer.
arrive at General Akulov's command center as Brigadier Generals.
Erich opens the door to Akulov's quarters.
George and Mateo rush in with him, guns up pointing at the awed General.
"Wait! Don't sho-AGH" They all fired two shells \/ \/ \/
//Im letting Atlan decide his fate//
The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 8 Downlo10

Last edited by Grothbord on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grothbord
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:36 pm

//is this biological warfare?//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next