Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

+8
Dotaria
Grothbord
Hockesin
El Fiji Grande
Admin
hijjma
Topsail Empire
Atlantica
12 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 am

//yep.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:18 am

//Topsail's Western Texas would be a good theme for a modernized version of The Last Class...//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 am

Atlantica wrote://Topsail's Western Texas would be a good theme for a modernized version of The Last Class...//
//It's Caliwestia's now.  pale //
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 am

//Exactly why you should write a modernized version of 'The Last Class', based on... El Paso?//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Stockholm, Sweden
1900 UCT +1, 18 March

King Oslo was smoking a cigar on the porch of his palace, looking at the waves off in the distance. He had a heavy coat on, and it was only him on the porch. The Special Operations trained men that protected the king knew he didn't like to be disturbed while he relaxed like this, as it was the only time he could ever. It didn't happen much, but since Canada was no longer in danger he felt like he needed a break. This moment, however, was about to end.

The Director of Military Intelligence walked out on the porch, and Oslo knew it wasn't good. "Sir, I have news, from the Pacific."

Oslo puffed the cigar, "Go ahead."

"We have received reports of an invasion of Hawaii by Atlantican forces," the man said, "an Amphibious Assault."

Oslo nodded, "They'll probably get overrun. The Caliwestians are perseverant bastards, but the Atlanticans are too numerous. Is that all?"

The Director shook his head, "No sir. We are receiving reports of..." then the man winced a little, as if the words about to come out of his mouth stung, "The West Coast got it."

Oslo slowly put his cigar down, taking in the full gravity of the situation. "Have you notified Task Force Punishment?"

"They were the ones who told us."

"Tell them to hurry their asses. Meanwhile, our ally's air forces are probably in disarray, so we need to provide air cover for them. Tell the Canadians to launch fighters and establish air superiority over the whole region. Then, I want those Atlanticans kicked off of North America. Throw everything at them, I want a wall of lead and steel to slam into them," Oslo said, "Do it now."

The Director bowed, "Aye M'lord."

"And send about 40 Squadrons over the Topsailian territories that border us. I don't want those bastards hitting us in the back. If you see ANY troop movements, or if you're fired upon, you destroy those fuckers, understand?" Oslo said, pointing at the Director.

"Of course, M'lord."

Idaho, Caliwestia
0800 UCT -8

Gamma Squadron was called again, this time to take out Atlanticans. After securing the rest of Caliwestia, Gamma was called to take out the Atlantican forces on Vancouver. Vancouver was all but taken supposedly, and the Atlanticans were acquiring a strong foothold in Vancouver, thereby creating a strong foothold in North America.

This was unacceptable.

Before coming into Radar range of the Atlanticans, they could see the smoke coming from Vancouver. They thought a volcano had erupted at first, before realizing the extent of damage.

"Shit Gamma 1, we aren't gonna be able to win World War III by ourselves if they're doing that shit."

"Don't worry Gamma 4, we aren't alone."

There were 20 other squadrons with them, forming a Vanguard force of F-22's and F-18's. Once they were within radar range, they split up and attacked. Losing about 13 planes initially due to SAM's and enemy planes, they destroyed the planes in the area and moved to the SAM's. How these were destroyed were by one plane flying about 2,000 feet in the air, well within radar range, and one plane fly low, around 30 feet, and the low flying plane would hit the central post, as this post controlled the SAM missiles that were organized in a "David's Star" formation.

Nine squadrons then flew closer to Vancouver while the rest stayed back. The nine squadrons dropped down to 100 feet and flew quickly, taking ground forces by surprise since the radar systems the Atlanticans had couldn't see the low flying, incoming aircraft. After the initial attack, which took out hundreds of Infantry and a quarter division's worth of armor, the rest of the Vanguard flew in, blanketing the island of Vancouver in fire. King Oslo wanted the Atlanticans to receive a wall of Steel and Lead.

They damn sure got it.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 pm

//Idaho is a rather long way away from Vancouver//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Topsail Empire wrote://Idaho is a rather long way away from Vancouver//
\\Are you drunk?//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm

//they said that they were in Idaho and say Vancouver being bombed.
They are about 180 miles away from each other.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Raleigh, Topsail Empire Capital District
1200 EST, March 18th

President John Abrams looked at the report on his desk, furious at the Dotarians for violating Topsailian air space. He called King Oslo,

"You better get your armed aircraft out of Topsailian airspace right this minute or face the consequences. You have no right to occupy our airspace, nor do you have a need,"
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Topsail Empire wrote://they said that they were in Idaho and say Vancouver being bombed.
They are about 180 miles away from each other.//
Topsail Empire wrote:Raleigh, Topsail Empire Capital District
1200 EST, March 18th

President John Abrams looked at the report on his desk, furious at the Dotarians for violating Topsailian air space. He called King Oslo,

"You better get your armed aircraft out of Topsailian airspace right this minute or face the consequences. You have no right to occupy our airspace, nor do you have a need,"

\\Words can't even begin to describe the stupidity of those two posts.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 pm

\\1) PLANES CAN FLY. FAST
2) They never flew over your airspace. Had you actually looked at the map, you would have noticed that Caliwestian lands connect to Dotarian ones. Also, you are in war with us against Atlantica. We have military access, so guess what, Dotaria can fly planes over your nation all he damn wants.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:10 pm

//Plus, to the victor go the spoils. You are, by all intents and purposes though not by name, my protectorate. I can do as I please.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kexarus Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 pm

You guys do know that Kexarus does not exist in this RP
All lands that belonged to me are free for the taking.
Kexarus
Kexarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 pm

"If you are going talk OOC, then use \\ //. And yes, but we prefer to keep you in.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 pm

0820, March 18th
Vancouver Island

The Dotarian air strike had left the Atlantican forces significantly damaged: though interception arrived from the carriers, the air strike had still taken down almost a third of the SAM's, though much of them were focused on short-range and mid-range. Several tanks had been destroyed as well: though the K-2's and K-21's fired their guns against the aircraft (and actually succeeded in downing two Raptors and three Super Hornets, with luck), much of them were still significantly destroyed. Several soldiers were killed as well - over three thousand soldiers have been dead by the end of the air strike, while about two thousand were wounded.

Apparently a Dotarian air strike was not a good way to start a morning.

"There goes the Dotarians," General Victor Makins said, as he commanded the temporary regrouping of the Atlantican Marines. "But now, it's time for the Atlantican Marines to strike back."

For the next twenty minutes, the Marines scrambled to regroup: reloading and recalibrating their weapons, artillery systems preparing for a full-scale strike and surviving tanks and IFV's preparing for a new advance. And to the surprise of the Marines, there hadn't been much attacks - a few Caliwestian soldiers went into the lines, but they were dead in the next thirty seconds.

When the regroup ended, the Atlantican Marines went back to combat: across Vancouver Island, the Atlantican Marines took over much of the road systems, secured most of the bridges, and took down all possible enemy defenses. Air support was also coming - carrier fighters and attack helicopters clearing the ground of enemy forces, and advancing into Victoria and Tswwassen Peninsula. The Marines also took the lead: while the Spec Ops disabled the Victoria Airport of its operation, the Atlantican Marines began operations in Victoria, combating Caliwestian troops over in the city.

The Battle of Vancouver Island escalated into Victoria very quickly, while much of the isle was taken very quickly.
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Vancouver Island
0820 UCT -8, 18 March

Gamma 1 and his men flew until they were out of ammunition. They killed a shit ton of the Atlanticans, but they kept coming in droves and fought their way to Victoria. Gamma 1 cursed.

"NORAMCOM, this is Gamma 1. If we wanna truly help the Caliwestians, we're going to have to set up a full on operation here. We weren't able to turn them back, though we destroyed many targets on the ground. I have lost some of my forces, and ammunition is low or out in the whole formation. We're turning back to refuel and rearm. Requesting to be relieved."

"Solid copy, Gamma 1."

NORAMCOM Headquarters, Classified Military Base
1320 UCT -5, 18 March

"If Gamma 1 advises us to put boots on the ground, sir, then we should probably listen to them," General Gorov said.

"I know," General Schwarva, commander of NORAMCOM, said, "Take as many Infantry Divisions as you can muster and get them to the William R Fairchild International Airport in Port Angeles. Tell the Caliwestians to evac Port Angeles so we can establish a FOB there."

"I believe they're already evac-ed, sir."

"Good. I want to have the Atlanticans constantly hammered, and I don't want a fucking SOUL in the waters between us and them. Put jamming devices all over Port Angeles so the bastards can't shoot us from their fleet, nor from their stealth craft. I want an attack on us to be heavily one sided in our favor, understood?" Schwarva said, looking at a satellite image on the main screen.

"Understood sir. You think the Caliwestians will allow our soldiers to move there? It could be a major diplomatic nightmare if we land troops over there," Gorov said, "We know how much Stockholm hates those kind of situations."

"If the Caliwestians don't want the squints to be in San Fran, then they'll let us fight, hmm?"

"On it sir, I'll make the order."

Port Angeles, Washington
1200 UCT -8, 18th March

Brigadier General Lars Breekov was overseeing the situation at Port Angeles. He already had 23 Infantry Divisions, 9 of which were Artillery, 4 Armored Divisions, and 2 Helicopter Divisions in the city at the time, and 60 Fighter/Bomber Squadrons were flying in, refueled and rearmed, and sent back out round clock, trying to keep the Atlantican's heads down. It was working, as every attempt by the Atlaticans to move across the water was thwarted easily by a trigger squeeze and application of firepower.

His Artillery was firing nonstop, pounding the hell out of Vancouver Island. Caliwestian forces took up residence in the port with the GNF forces, and they were working together to eliminate the threat. They assured San Fran was safe, as the Naval presence there was so strong that they would be able to take a whole fleet out without San Fran taking a bullet. Breekov was afraid that the Atlanticans would break through, but since the naval presence there was so strong, the Atlanticans would have to either be really stupid or wanting to see their ancestors if they made an attack. The damn city was practically a fortress.

The Atlanticans were at bay for now, until the GNF and Caliwestian coalition could come up with a plan to eliminate them.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 pm

\\Um Atlantica. Mongolia.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Atlantica, I haven't had a chance to reply to your long post about your invasion of Hawaii and Vancouver Island, and I only just now saw it. Since East Ibsenia is impartial now that he is almost completely out, I'd like him to review this as a case of not godmodding, but extreme unfairness to other players, in that you did not even consider my defenses, and made your post long enough that you involved many parts of the attack without giving me a chance to reply. //bolded words for Ibsenia's convenience.//

Firstly, you would never have made it all the way across the Pacific unnoticed. I had submarines everywhere - and while you did say that you had taken two out, we would have known your precise location immediately. We would have had plenty of time to prepare, and to send in reinforcements to take down the rest of the incoming fleet. An inland invasion is impossible without either having a border with me like Topsail did or being able to bypass by navy or antiair defenses. And even if you sent your planes in beforehand, we'd have known, and still had time to prepare for the main attack.

Secondly, Hawaii, while mostly in ruins, could easily have been defended, for the same reason as before. You can take it out with planes, sure, but now all naval ships are out at sea, and the planes are in safe bunker-like locations. The thing is, I could still have taken out an attack long before you would have arrived, not only because of my subs, but because of a hightened alertness following the first attack.

East Ibsenia: please be completely fair in your review to both of us. If I'm full of crap, I'll back down.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm

President Abrams sends thousands of volunteers to help rebuild the ruined cities of New York, Pittsburg //already been a ruined city for years now lol//, and Philadelphia.

Last edited by Topsail Empire on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:28 pm

\\I have to agree with Fiji.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm

//I have to agree with him too. As much as I want Atlantica to win this war (heck, if I play my cards right I would be liberated) I do think that Fiji is right.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 pm

//After critically reviewing Atlanticas Post, I have to agree with Fiji on some points. In none of this did Atlantica account for Fijis own navy, airforce, or defenses. Rather he cut threw them without giving it a second thought. Atlanticas post did not account for most of Fijis defenses, and those that he did, he promptly destroyed. Here are some problem passages:

"But the attack didn't even begin yet - at least, not until the Marines started to land. Aboard helicopters and tilt-rotors, Marines began to be engaged along the coasts of Vancouver Island: landing from the air, quickly settling ground for the Atlantican military. Some Caliwestian soldiers advanced to challenge the Marines, but they have been overpowered: after all, the Atlantican Marines were advanced professionals - Marines to the bones.

Now, a third wave of attack had come: marines upon the ships. The main guns arrived upon Vancouver Island for the attack - the main bulk of the Marines. The hovercrafts arrived with K-2 MBTs and K-21 IFVs, while more soldiers came along with the landing crafts and hovercrafts combined. Once engaged, they, along with rocket artillery, struck Vancouver Island with an even greater force. Caliwestian defense systems began to challenge them - however, they were unable to stop the Atlantican Marines from advancing.

Soon, through sudden attacks, much of Vancouver Island fell under the hands of the Atlantican Military: but that wasn't even the beginning."

This passage is a problem, because it is posted like a surprise attack, but Fiji is already aware of the looming war, so Atlantica would have met STRONG resistance. The other part he disregards is the fact that this is an amphibious landing against a dug in opponent on home territory, and yet he cuts through fiji like butter. Also, Atlantica claims to have the best manpower, but now also claims the best soldiers for many points of this attack. If so, where are the shitty conscripts located? Mongolia? Here is another problem passage:

"
In 0420, March 18th, the Invasion of Hawaii began: while carrier fighters and stealth bombers, along with gunships began to provide air support, marines began to advance through the ranks. The Marines took over Hawaii starting from the infrastructures: by the end of the hour, most roads, harbors, airports and much of the coastline was taken. Special Operations Forces (Spec Ops) also began to take part - through sudden strikes over most of the remaining military installations at Hawaii. Through high-explosive bombs and rockets, the Atlantican Spec Ops have left much of the core resistance forces downed."

Here, Atlantica dismisses any resistance as minuscule, when Fiji has clearly mobilized a navy and airforce to protect Hawaii.

Overall, I would take Fijis side in this argument. Atlantica needs to
A) Wait for Fiji to respond
B) Edit his post to give Fiji a chance of defense
C) Put his nation into scale, as it seems to be inflated in terms of military.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Thank you. I would not have complained had the attack not been so important, and such a violation of my nation's defenses.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 pm

//I didnt see anything anyones way, just judged as i best see fit.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm

\\ I agree with this and would like to add that your nation needs to have a weak point somewhere. It can't be all five stars.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next