Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

+8
Dotaria
Grothbord
Hockesin
El Fiji Grande
Admin
hijjma
Topsail Empire
Atlantica
12 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Hockesin Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 pm

\\Topsail, you cannot, while recently recovering from being destroyed in war, and even under normal conditions:
1)Move an entire country
2)HAVE A MOON BASE
3)Produce billion-dollar prototypes

at the same time. God-modding. Cease and desist.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Topsail Empire Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:04 pm

//the moon thing was BEFORE the war. The prototypes were BEFORE the war. The war is far too short to produce new things in it.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Topsail Empire wrote://the moon thing was BEFORE the war. The prototypes were BEFORE the war. The war is far too short to produce new things in it.//
Yes, I know. I do my research before these things. And your nation is in no such shape for these things. God-modding.
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Hockesin wrote:
Yes, I know. I do my research before these things. And your nation is in no such shape for these things. God-modding.
//what do you mean? I have quadrupled NASA funding compared to the US (at the expense of Healthcare and taxpayers) and have a US-style military budget.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 pm

\\that doesn't explain... anything, but instead just makes your position worse...//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Hockesin wrote:\\that doesn't explain... anything, but instead just makes your position worse...//
//I didn't see how he could make new prototypes. The moon base.... well, same, but I don't particularly care... and seeing as how we just agreed that I would get the Yucatan Peninsula, this argument should be at rest//

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 pm

//hey, in my country NASA get's tons of funding but we have very little welfare and public healthcare, plus we have very high taxes.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:06 am

//What Hock is saying is you can't afford it now. Unless you make your entire country declare bankruptcy, at the expense of losing your sovereignty, You can't fund it all.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 am

//but all of this was made before the war, therefore I have them, but they are not being used.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 am

//Space programs need tons of funding both to start and keep going. You don't have enough money to keep it going.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 am

/Right. I'm planning a departure for a moon base at least 18 months later, when the war hopefully ends.
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 am

Dotaria wrote://Space programs need tons of funding both to start and keep going. You don't have enough money to keep it going.//
//hehe who says we need welfare? or Public healthcare? Without NASA I am nothing.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:37 am

Topsail Empire wrote:
//hehe who says we need welfare? or Public healthcare? Without NASA I am nothing.//

//You don't have money because you're billions of dollars in debt to me and Caliwestia.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:45 am

//I still don't get why I am in debt to you, I get Caliwestia but I never attacked you.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 am

Dotaria wrote:

//You don't have money because you're billions of dollars in debt to me and Caliwestia.//
//can you give me an exact number? because if it is only several billion I can pay it off right now, for the expense of maybe 10 billion from the Military budget.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:57 am

//First off, you have to pay to rebuild the power systems in Scandinavia. Then, you have to pay for the damages I caused to Pittsburg, Philadelphia, and New York, because that was a part of the Treaty you signed for peace. Then you have to build me ships for my navy. I'm thinking that is around the 600 billion range just for repairs, since I damn near completely destroyed New York, and for the navy, that depends on what you have to pay for your ships. WAY more than 10 billion.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

//no, this was the treaty:

1) Secede New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania to the GNF
2) Secede Mexican Territories to the Caliwestans
3) Submit to any other demands of the Caliwestans that come with Federation approval
4) Provide support for the war in the Pacific for the Allied side
5) Partially pay for damages sustained from the EMP attack in Scandinavia
6) Provide naval ships to the Federation navy, and provide any naval assistance the Federation may require
In return for:
1) Withdraw of Federation forces from the rest of the country
2) Federation Protection
3) Promise to not attack Federation lands
4) Sovereignty
5) Whatever aid the Federation can provide to help rebuild Topsailia
6) Uphold of past contract of Mutual Protection in a more active role as long as the Topsailians don't declare outright war on any countries that the GNF doesn't give them a "go ahead" for

doesn't say anything about me having to pay to rebuild New York, and it says PARTIALLY pay to rebuild the power systems in Scandinavia//.
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:01 am

//and it also says that you will help me rebuild my country.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:02 am

March 17th, 2330
Blue House, Seoul, Atlantica

"The Topsail Forces have been taken down significantly, following a mass operation of attack helicoptersa and IFV's," General Marine reported. "Thanks to the joint collaboration of the Army and the Air Force, over 6,500 of them have been killed, while two thousand are POW's. However, the rest of them have escaped into Hockesin..."

"What news from the Normandy forces?" The Princeps inquired.

"According to our recon satellites, it seems that they have taken over Sumatra, Java, New Guinea, Timor and so on," General Nguyen di Phuketia, Commander of the South China Sea Command reported. "It is unlikely for them to attack Singapore and vicinity, given that there stands our Combat Flotilla. Their reason is unclear: but they would prove strong allies for us all."

"And as we see upon our nation, gentlemen, the people of Atlantica are unexpectedly willing to continue this war: as they receive news of dead soldiers upon our northern front, enlistment is higher than we had ever expected," the Princeps said. "And even for those who fail to enlist - they join the industry to help the war. And as we see here clearly, we have the will and power to continue this war after all: we can stand it."

The War Council was silent for a moment.

"Any further news on the Pacific Front?" The Princeps asked, breaking the silence, while reviewing the combat map of the Northern and Pacific Front on his tablet.

"For the past ten days, our submarines have been hunting down quite some Caliwestian ships and subs, to clear the seas," Admiral Hitachi reported. "Our forces have gone into preparation, thereby forming up the bulk of Operation Liberator Spear. As far as I know, the Air Force has also prepared the attack well enough - possibly for a new strike. At this point, all we need is your command, sir."

"My command, huh?" The Princeps looked around. "Well, as Princeps of the United Republic of Atlantica, I officially approve the full activation of Operation Liberator Spear through the entire military."

March 17th, 2350
600 km northwest of Vancouver Island
The Seventh and Eighth Fleet, U.R.S. Vladimir Akulov

"You heard him," Admiral Ziro Haneda said to his lieutenants, as he received the message from the Princeps. "Operation Liberator Spear is now in full motion. And now, let's get to business for the grand strike-back, followed by the epic ballad of Atlantica."

"Yes, sir," the lieutenants, along with the soldiers, went into motion. As soon as the sentence ended, the Seventh and Eighth Fleet got busy: it was time for them to fully activate their ten-day effort. They have sailed through the cold North Pacific just for this sole purpose. They have barely made through the complex system of Caliwestian submarines, while losing an entire carrier (the U.R.S. Fukuoka) and three destroyers, along with three more frigates. But now, it was the time for the final pay-off.

"When are the Air Force arriving?" Admiral Haneda asked to the communications soldier.

"On our latest transmission, they would be closing in soon," the comms soldier replied. "Through long-range strike and with our carrier fighters, they will take several significant targets down through the area: enemy air defenses, enemy missile sites, enemy airfields and so on. Then, the magic begins: we begin our strike."

"Good," Admiral Haneda took his time to think of the long, arduous days he spent upon the cold North Pacific: encountering waves, encountering occasional storms, facing Caliwestian submarines and fighting them. Though some sacrifices had to be made, they have made progress: two atomic submarines hunted down in full collaboration of air and sea.

Approximately ten minutes later, the attack was ready: V-31 tiltrotors and Z-22 helicopters loaded with fully-armed soldiers, destroyers and frigates with their cruise missiles ready, amphibious assault ships with their hovercrafts and landing vessels ready, and the stealth F-25N and F-60 fighters ready to depart from the carrier.

"Launch attack now," Admiral Haneda commanded.

And under his command, the entire strike began: carrier fighters began to exit the carrier and advance through the air, the tiltrotors and helicopters in full motion and in air, landing crafts heading for a strike, along with destroyers and frigates firing their cruise missiles. Ahead of them, several supersonic stealth bombers - B-10's - zoomed through the skies, as part of Operation Liberator Spear.

While all that happened, Admiral Haneda lowered his head and began to think of the sacrifices: starting from a patrol boat, a Marine vessel and even a fourth-generation fighter. "Soldiers and the fallen," Admiral Haneda said to the now-dead sacrifices. "Your blood is about to pay off."

March 17th, 2350
420 km southwest of Honolulu, Hawaii
The Second Fleet, U.R.S. Zeus

Just as the Operation Command was delivered from the Princeps, the Second Fleet down in the central Pacific also went to operation: preparing for the strike. Amphibious assault ships began to load the hovercrafts and landing vessels with soldiers and vehicles, while tiltrotors and helicopters also went into loading. Naval drones and fighters began to scramble up for combat, all ready to destroy.

"A second air strike on Hawaii is coming - as far as the Princeps commanded," Admiral Magellan III said, as the soldiers prepared for the strike. "When does that come again?"

"In less than two hours," Lieutenant Wang said.

"Good," Admiral Magellan III thought of the casualties: all the fallen that have sacrificed their lives to make their chance possible. Thanks to the high alertness of the Caliwestians and the subs, the Atlantican Navy has paid a terrible price - two AIP submarines, two Phoebus Apollo-Class Destroyers and five frigates. However, all that would pay off now.

And through a short command, the attack began against Hawaii - similar to the pattern of the attack on Vancouver Island, except that drones were also in.

March 18th, 0500
Western coast of Vancouver Island

Upon Vancouver Island, the dark still concealed vision at five in the morning. The isle seemed to be in sleep and in peace, but an attack was already in full operation, hitting the isle in an alarming pace.

A few hours ago, stealth bombers and naval fighters, coupled with supersonic cruise missiles, have launched significant strikes in Vancouver Island and beyond: avoiding Kexarus airspace, the air strike group struck enemy SAM sites, anti-air guns, anti-ship missile sites, but most importantly, Everett and Seattle. Through stealth attacks, the naval base upon Everett was destroyed significantly - possibly even beyond the initial destruction upon Honolulu on the first air strike.

But the attack didn't even begin yet - at least, not until the Marines started to land. Aboard helicopters and tilt-rotors, Marines began to be engaged along the coasts of Vancouver Island: landing from the air, quickly settling ground for the Atlantican military. As expected, the Caliwestian forces provided strong resistance - attempting to guide the Atlantican Marines into ambushes of gunfire and devious traps. Several Atlantican casualties were made there: however, in the end, the Atlantican Marines (Airborne) settled the ground effectively.

A third wave of attack had come: marines upon the ships. The main guns arrived upon Vancouver Island for the attack - the main bulk of the Marines. The hovercrafts arrived with K-2 MBTs and K-21 IFVs, while more soldiers came along with the landing crafts and hovercrafts combined. Once engaged, they, along with rocket artillery, struck Vancouver Island with an even greater force. Caliwestians continued to resist them, while a few battalions managed to establish bridgeheads dotting throughout the entire island.

The Battle of Vancouver Island had just begun.

March 18th, 0420
Honolulu, Caliwestia

Meanwhile, the city of Honolulu, along with the rest of Hawaii, was also facing significant attack - a second strike from the Atlantican Military. A new air strike - this time, larger than the first one - struck much of Hawaii, once again leaving Hawaii's military systems and defense networks in ruins. In addition to the air strike, cruise missiles from the destroyers and frigates were also involved: bringing more precision and destruction, they played a critical role in suppressing defense systems.

In 0420, March 18th, the Invasion of Hawaii began: while carrier fighters and stealth bombers, along with gunships began to provide air support, marines began to advance through the ranks. The Marines took over Hawaii starting from the infrastructures: by the end of the hour, most roads, harbors, airports and much of the Oahu coastline was taken. Special Operations Forces (Spec Ops) also began to take part - through sudden strikes over most of the remaining military installations at Hawaii. Through high-explosive bombs and rockets, the Atlantican Spec Ops have left much of the core resistance forces downed.

For the next two hours, the Battle of Hawaii began: the Atlantican Marines settled ground upon the isles, as Airborne Divisions of the Army began to be deployed towards the battlefield. Battalions of tanks and wheeled IFV's began to arrive through both the sea and the air - providing powerful vehicular force for the Atlantican Marines. Paratroopers also landed upon all four main islands, quickly penetrating air defenses and fighting against the Caliwestian forces upon the ground.

The Battle of Hawaii was no longer a battle on sea and air: it was now a battle upon land.

Last edited by Atlantica on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 am

//haha yes! I will be liberated by the might of the Atlantians! ...maybe//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am

//You want liberation?//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 am

//yep. The western Texans are suffering under the oppression of the Caliwestians!//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 am

//Western Texas, huh? And by the way, are you under alliance with Caliwestia now?//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12 am

//eh, my government is supposed to be. But the only thing I HAVE to contribute to fighting you is supplies.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 am

//I guess Western Texas is now something like Alsace-Lorraine in 1871...//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next