Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delta Base 0956 [FT RP]

+3
Crumstain
El Fiji Grande
East Ibsenia
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Delta Base 0956 [FT RP] - Page 4 Empty Re: Delta Base 0956 [FT RP]

Post by Dernland Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 pm

//I did//
Dernland
Dernland

Back to top Go down

Post by Crumstain Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:29 am

Solomon woke up in the hallway floating off the ground. He had been knocked out from the massive explosion that suddenly happened just recently. He tried to correct himself so he could tell what was up and what was down. The alarms were going off and the lights in the base flickered like a scene out of the old horror films.  As he was correcting himself, the gravity returned and Solomon crashed down to the floor. Pain shot through his left rib cage but only for a split second. The adrenaline was pumping through his veins. Slowly he got up and observed that his suit was damaged somehow. The sensors were destroyed and cracks were all over. It was bizarre to Solomon how this could happen. He heard a voice crackle over the screeching sound of the speakers as he ran for the armory:

"Solomon, Jason, ANYONE that is still capable, we need to retake the bottom floor of the base. Set up a defense in the hangar, while you hold, Neo and I will replace the fuel cells. We need more power of our shields will fail. I am shutting off all but emergency lighting, and all non-essential systems. Spencer, you are in the escape pod. Listen to me, I need you back on base. Find a way back if you can. I will take a short-range communicator with me. Channel 504. Keep in touch. Ghost, start shooting. If you cant take out the main craft, stop others from boarding. 3,2,1....Lights out."

Wait, did he just say-- Solomon was interrupted by the loss of gravity yet again and flew towards a wall banging his head hard on it. "Ahhh! Fuck me!" yelled Solomon in frustration. He could hardly focus as this was the second blow to his head he had received.

Solomon arrived at the Armory and pressed his palm against the scanner. The doors slid open and he glided in in search of a new suit and weapon. He looked around and found a Guren class suit designed by Crumstainites. He flew to it and strapped in. As the helmet was put on his head, the helmets HUD system activated showing key details from ammunition count to heart rate. The suit was built with Magnetic boots and small thrusters perfect for zero gravity navigation. Solomon picked up a rail gun rifle and exited the armory closing the doors behind him.

All he had to do was make it to the and set up defense. His mind was still at a daze, he didn't think anymore about the situation. His movements were sudden and swift as if he was programmed to do so. Whether it was him or the suit causing it..... he didn't think anymore. All he could see were flashes of memory. Faces of the men, women, and children he had killed. Blood, gears, explosions filled his eardrums as he could taste the dirt and dust of the many civil wars he had fought and survived. His body seemed to be ready to die.

Solomons new Suit and Rail gun:
Crumstain
Crumstain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 am

//I didn't feel like breaking this up into paragraphs.... so..... deal with it.//

Karl noticed a weakening in the tug on the escape pod. Maybe, just maybe, he'd be able to break free. He still didn't know what they were dealing with. He was completely surprised that whoever was firing had been able to create an damage whatsoever. Karl immediately seized the joysticks, straining against the tug once again. The escape pod groaned. The difference in forces was actually ripping the small ship apart. Continuing would lead to certain death. But he couldn't give up now. He saw comet-like smoke paths etched into the surrounding space, and hoped the firing was continuing. With a jolt, he was free. The escape pod lurched forward, accelerating rapidly away from the Outsider ship. He heard a hiss. Oxygen was leaking. Glancing down at the control pad, he realized he had only minutes to live. There was no time to waste in caution. The small pod made a beeline for the Delta Base. Karl swiveled the ship for a final descent, plummeting towards the hangar door and braked hard. A startlingly wide gash left the a gaping hole in the hangar door. There was obviously no oxygen left on the deck. He navigated the small pod in through the door and set it down. Karl quickly scanned the small pod. In all the commotion, he hadn't checked if the ship had the equipment he would need. He found a small O2 mask and gingerly placed it over his head. It created a small bubble that surrounded his entire body, keeping him safe for as long as the oxygen lasted. He jettisoned the escape pod door and watched as it rotated upward beyond his view. A small hiss released as the last of his onboard oxygen escaped. He stepped down onto the steel floor of the hangar deck. It had been stripped clean, perhaps from rapid decompression. It was eerily quiet, and he immediately felt the cold of the desolation of space. The O2 mask protected him though, and he checked the time. He had less than an hour to get inside. The door to the airlock was sealed shut. A foot thick, imposing barrier between the hangar deck and safety. There was of course a small observation panel overlooking the deck, but it was twenty feet out of his reach. His breath misted up as he breathed, freezing in the relative cold. He looked around for something he could use to hit the door with. His only hope would be for someone to hear him. Then he knew what he was forgetting. Karl walked back over to the escape pod, his magnetic boots clanking on the floor as he went. Entering the pod again, he opened channel 507 on the communicator. He thought that was the right channel. If not, he'd be dead. "MARCUS! SOMEONE! You've got to help me! I'm in the Hangar deck, and I can't get in to the base! Quickly. I don't have much time!" He only heard a crackle from the other end of the line. He closed the door to the escape pod again. Inside the hangar, he lifted off again, and positioned the pod in front of the airlock hatch. If he used the electromagnetic pulse weapon, he would deaden the electronics that opened the door and he might be stuck in here forever. Of course, there was a manual release, but since the base was built also for security, it was located on the inside. Karl got out the knife and gun that Jason had given him. These would be of some use to him after all. He wondered how hard it would be to use it. He knew it would already be loaded, so he simply aimed and pulled the trigger. At this range, it hit his target, cracking open a small electronics panel. However, he wasn't expecting the recoil. He knew it would happen, but hadn't realized how strong it would be. It through him off of his feet, ripping the magnetic soles from the hangar deck floor. He heard a crunch in his right arm and screamed in pain. But he had to get up, NOW. Taking out Jason's knife, he began working his way through the electronics. He wondered if the base would run by the archaic wires they always used to use, or through electronic switches, or through quantum mechanics. He guessed the latter, but was surprised. Wiring! Wonderful. I can get through! He used the knife to cut one wire, and then positioned it half way up his thigh. He pressed down with the knife, cutting his leg, but he kept going. He pulled on the wire, stripping it of its rubber insulation. He searched again, the found what he was looking for. If he connected the small green wire that he had just stripped with the small blue one here, the door should open. He would have to move quickly through the door and close it, or else jeopardize the lives of everyone else on the base by letting too much oxygen release. Maybe he was a coward, but it was the only way in, and he had a feeling they needed him. He stripped the blue wire as well, and used his fingers to splay the copper inside. Then he stuck the two together and twisted. He turned on the power, and hoped for the best. Nothing. His air was running short. He grabbed the knife by the hilt and slammed it against the door. No response. Another idea. He climbed over the popped escape pod door and onto the top of the pod. He reached for the glass of the observatory deck overlooking the hangar. The gun was useless to him now. If he fired, he would likely die by being impaled on the gaping hole opposite him on the hangar. The recoil would launch him, and since the gravity generator had died, there would be nothing to stop him from a collision course with the glinting shards of steel. He used the knife in the same way he had on the door. Still nothing. He had minutes left. Desperation was setting in. He took the gun and fired anyway. Two shots into the window did nothing either. It was of course bullet proof. Better than that probably. The recoil did indeed blow him off his feet, but he had been pointing upwards. He fell from the roof of the pod, hitting his head hard upon the floor. He saw stars, not knowing if they were in his head or if he was out in space. Then blackness. At least his breathing would be lower, granting him possibly more time.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 am

Jason did as he was bid, and when he came to the blast doors, they wouldn't open on command. thinking, he saw a railing next to him. He ejected his sword, and cut through the two rails of railing with a single, expert strike. He then bent each one up and cut them off, having 2 pipes at his disposal. He then looked for a blowtorch, and found one down the hall in a box on the side of a wall. It was a little handheld one, jason barely able to hold it in his huge hands, but he made do with it.

He came back to the blast doors, and put one of the pipes against the door. He elbowed the ends of the pipe to make them flat, and did the same to the other two. Then, he bent them into handles and welded the flat pieces to the Hangar door, creating handles to open it from. It took him a few minutes to get the weld strong, but once he did, they were sturdy enough that he used all of his weight and strength to pull them off and they wouldn't budge. He nodded in approval.

He punched a button on the side of the inner door of the airlock, and the inner door came closed and sealed. He then grabbed each handle after tossing the blow torch aside. With a yell of strain, he slowly but surely made the doors move about 7 feet apart, a big enough space to run through in case anything was coming after him. Stepping through, he looked around and ejected his sword for security, then went out to look for Karl.

Last edited by Dotaria on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:19 am

Karl drifted into and out of unconsciousness. He became acutely aware that his head was throbbing with pain and that he was lying in a pool of icy blood. His breathing was ragged and thin. Ugh Fuck! I'm gonna die! He tried to get up, but found he was immobile. He became aware of a noise behind the airlock. The door opened, blasting air out of the Delta Base. He couldn't see anything though, his head turned up and away. He wondered how bad his concussion was. He hoped they could see him.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Marcus opened his eyes. He was floating in the air, and had a throbbing headache. He looked around in the darkness, trying to find his bearings. What had happened? Where was he?

Then it all came back to him. The sentencing, the arrival, Delta Base. He checked his body to make sure everything was in place. The shields must have faltered and allowed an enemy shot to destroy the third floor. He needed to get the power levels back up now. He grabbed a wall and pulled himself down the hallway.

Stopping in the armory, he grabbed some gear. It seemed that most of the high class foreign weaponry was already in use by others, so he grabbed a traditional Ibsenian Rifle, some extra mags, and a Ibsenian Honor Blade. Not many people outside of the Honor Guard knew how to use these, and Marcus was one of those people. He put on some magnetized boots and turned them on. Landing on the floor with a solid thud, Marcus set off down the stairs.

He arrived on the bottom floor to find two men in full armor. Jason and Solomon, he assumed. They seemed to have control of the situation, so Marcus headed to the maintenance rooms. He awoke the soldier droids, and began removing the spent fuel cells. Without Neo here, he would have to rely on the droids.

Where the hell was Neo?
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dernland Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Moving to the stairwell Ghost discovered that the area beyond was decompressed. He put on one of the breathers and opened the airlock. Ghost stumbled into the maintenance bay. The crystals were now quite numerous and had spread over his entire torso. His breath was ragged, and his throat felt very dry. "Marcus, fuel cell, now." Ghost rasped, his voice sounding like grating stone.
Dernland
Dernland

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Adam awoke to a dark room, lit only by a soft white glow. He tried to move his legs, but could not find purchase. It was then that he discovered he was suspended. Frightened, Adam began blindly fumbling for a purchase, grabbing something floating in the air before him. In the dim light he looked at the object. A large, nearly empty syringe. Some form of dark liquid residue stuck to the bottom of the injector.

I really hope these people where not injecting stuff into me while I was out. Adam inspected the room, guessing he was in the infirmary by all the medical supplies gently floating past. None of the electronics in he room where on, or looked to have power, in addition to the evident dilemma of the gravity being disabled. At some point the base must have lost power, and whoever was watching him left to address the problem.

Well, might as well go look for my keepers.
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 pm

That day everything changed. "Thank you Holton." I said. This box is much heavier than the old model was. I thought. Oh well, it's most likely because it has so many more features. i said to myself. I began to walk home and got a very strange feeling. As if something was, or has, happened. I sped up a bit. I always hated that feeling, my friends always teased that "You are psychic and the government will probe you so they can buy more champagne." Interesting enough they were always eating popcorn when it happened. Something bad always did happen though. After 30 minutes of paranoia, I finally made it home. Ahhhhh, time to finish this thing. I thought heading to my workshop.

"Neo! Is that you?" Juni called, I guessed from the kitchen.

"Yes it is." I responded.

"Could you help me do the dishes?" She asked.

Damn, why is it when I want to do something myself my parents always need help I grumbled in my mind, "Yes." I walked into the kitchen where Juni was cleaning a rather stuck on piece of meat off a pan.

"Thank you Neo."

"No problem!" I said. I finished them quickly. I began to walk out.

"Before you work on your project make sure your homework is done. Ever since that has come around you have been missing assignments." She said.

"Fine." I said demoralized. last week here and she's making me do homework. I continued complaining as I walked up the stairs. I began working and didn't finish till 8. I walked downstairs and began to walk towards the workshop when I noticed something. A lamp was in the complete wrong spot. Not to mention the bulb was broken. My mind began to race to try and figure things out, a side effect of my slight PTSD. A gunshot broke the silence. I froze.

"Hello Neo." A man said.

"Holton?" I said weakly, then lost consciousness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I snapped back to reality. The station, whew. I thought, relief spilling over me. Wait I said looking up, or down if I wasn't on the ceiling. How did I ge- an explosion made me lose track of my thoughts. What the hell going on? I thought "swimming" through the air attempting to get to a place where may mag-boots would actually work. They finally caught and I began to "run" out of the Mess hall. I always wake up in the weirdest of places I thought heading towards the stairs. I saw two men in full armor by the airlocks. Best not to bother them. I ran to the stairs, trying to get the maintenance rooms. I would need the tools to fix some of this shit. An explosion knocked me into the railing. I recovered and continued up the stairs. The door to the maintenance room was already open. I readied my rifle and walked in. Lowering it when I saw Marcus and Ghost standing there.
"Holy fuck Ghost... what the fuck it that!?" I said pointing towards the crystals.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:12 pm

"SWEET BABY JESUS WHAT IS GOING ON GHOST." Marcus stood their dumbfounded. His jaw hanging wide open. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Neo walk into the maintenance.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dernland Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:31 pm

With no time to wait, Ghost stumbled weakly to a fuel cell. He unsealed the top and broke off several of the crystals from his body. He dumped the crystals into the cell, it started to glow the same hue of green that the crystals were. "Stand Back" Ghost said. Inserting the fuel cell into the reactor the base's systems instantly powered up. Ghost nearly collapsed from the strain of holding himself up. Without speaking to Neo or Marcus, he slowly shambled up to the armory.

If Ghost's memory was correct there was a Dernlandian Death Suit in there, he would need it. Death Suits were designed for aging mutates who only had a few days to live, before the crystals took over. Ghost was only 13, but his wound was causing him to age at an accelerated rate and without the serum he had no hope. The suit administered painkillers, adrenals, steroids and other drugs into the users system, keeping the user in fighting shape while the crystals painfully destroyed their body. It was a powered exoskeleton armor, and once put on could not be removed.

Ghost entered the armory and found the Death Suit. Painfully he climbed into the suit and it sealed him in. The painkillers and drugs entered his system. Ghost's head was suddenly clear and his pain was gone. He chuckled to himself and strode to the hangar to help the others.

DEATH SUIT:
Dernland
Dernland

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 am

Jason searched for Karl outside the base, when he heard a faint groan. He stopped, all of his senses kicking into overdrive, when he could sense a faint heartbeat. He slowly moved his way through the wreckage when he came upon a body.

It was Karl.

"Karl, this is why I told you to stay in the Control Room," Jason said, murmuring to himself. He sheathed his sword and checked for vitals. Jason shook his head, thinking "He's running out of Oxygen. We gotta get him inside, now." Jason picked the lifeless Human up, and made way for the Airlock, when shimmers started to appear at the outside opening of the Hangar.

"Draaf," Jason cursed in Dotarian, and picked up Karl's weapon and his own knife that Karl gave him, absorbing it in his Knight's armor. He fired on the enemy combatants, with bullets whizzing past his head and snapping on steel not far from him. Once he got to the Hangar door, Jason sat Karl down and grabbed each of the handles, straining himself to close it back. Jason let out a strained yell and the doors shuddered, coming closer together.

Then, right as the doors were only a foot apart, one of the combatants grabbed Jason by the throat and tried bulling him back into the Hangar. The combatant was as tall as Jason, but only barely strong enough to pull the Dotarian off balance. Jason struggled, then let go of the right hand door to will the man to move away with him with a sort of "force push".  The man flew, but fired 5 rounds into Jason's chest and knocked him off his feet.

He tripped on his feet, then fell flat on his back. He immediately checked to see if any of the bullets penetrated and they didn't. Then, the next step was to check Karl, who was still unconscious but unmolested by bullets. The combatant kept firing, but moved out of sight when Jason grabbed the rifle.

Jason moved over to Karl, and charged his O2 tank with some of his own oxygen, which had a rebreather on it giving him an almost unlimited supply of oxygen. Plus, if he ran out, he would still be helping the base as Karl was more essential than Jason because he was the only one other than Marcus who could operate all of the systems on base.

Hoping that Karl would come to, he stepped through the door, back out to the hanger, and closed the doors behind him. Then, turning to the enemy that was taking positions and getting ready to fire, he ejected both swords and flipped them to where the blades were running along his forearms, or "backwards". "YOU WANT ME? COME AND GET ME!!!" He then charged the enemy, right as they were getting ready to fire.

Last edited by Dotaria on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Karl groggily awoke. He lay inside the base, just inside the airlock. I'm alive?! His vision seemed blurred, but some things seemed surreally(//that's not a word...//) clear. Dazed, he looked around him, wondering what had happened. Dried blood was in his hair and scrapes were on his legs. What the actual fuck just happened?! He literally couldn't remember. Karl heard gunshots. They sounded close. Air was still billowing out of the airlock. "Fuck!" he mumbled to himself, biting his numb lip in the process. The pain woke him up, and brought him back to the situation. He stumbled up, swinging the latch closed. He didn't think who might be out there, but he knew that there was only so much air on the base, and he didn't know how long he'd been out for. Dizzied, he fell again, slumping against the wall outside the hangar. His head throbbed and his stomach hurt, so sleep was difficult. But he managed, dozing off rather quickly, hoping for the best.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Marcus shook himself out of his shock, and went to stand in the hallway. Whatever the fuck that was, it had filled the power circuits beyond max. He called Neo and the Soldier droids out of the maintenance bay, and then locked it down. No one was getting in, or out of that room any longer, unless Marcus entered the security codes. In case of his death, he pulled Neo to the side, and whispered the code to open the doors. He looked towards the hangar, where Jason had just dragged Karl in. 

Solomon, Ghost, and Jason were all wearing large suits of armor. What the fuck. I could have sworn none of this armor was here when i was alone on the ship. And i all have is a rifle and magnetized boots. Geez. 

He placed a breather over his face, and attached a gas tank. He opened the airlock and motioned for all the others to follow him. He told one of the soldier droids to lay his rifle by Karl, and fetch a new one from the armory. Then, he stepped through, to where that madman Jason was hacking at shadows. 

It seemed the situation was under control. the ship seemed capable of only holding five or six men, but the hostiles were still cloaked. Marcus entered a string onto his wrist communicator. It decloaked the hangar. Jason was hacking at one of the hostiles on the ground. One more was moving towards Jason, when his cloaker turned off. He turned and looked angrily at Marcus.

Delta Base 0956 [FT RP] - Page 4 Brute_Army_Commander

A shudder passed through the room. The monstrosity stood about 8 feet tall, and was just as large as a Dotarian. Its red eyes peered into Marcus' soul.

And then, a enemy ship landed behind the alien, and began to unload. 50 of these animals now stood at the opposite end of the hangar, armed with large hammer like objects and some sort of rifle.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dernland Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:49 pm

06:00 9th of November
DSS Kraken

Ghost sat in his drop pod, preforming the pre-drop checks. He checked the ready lights of his squad and saw that they were all green. Activating his own ready light, Ghost watched the countdown, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The pod lurched and then fell away from the cruiser. He saw hundreds of other pods falling down towards the planet.

--------

Ghost now stood a good head taller than the Dotarian, not that it was that important now. The creatures stood assembled on the other side of the hangar, tall and apelike. "RAAAAHHH!" Ghost roared his challenge to the beasts, brandishing his autocannon. He fired at the beasts the booms of his cannon silent in the vacuum.
Dernland
Dernland

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Karl woke to find himself slumped on the wall where he was left. Beside him lay a rifle. He seemed fine, if a bit queezy from loss of blood and his obvious concussion. He pulled himself to his feet. Hacking sounds could be heard through the airlock. He moved the other way, heading for the control room. Then he realized he'd have to find another way; the control room no longer existed. Instead, he moved to the armory. He could have in to the defense mainframe from there and gain control of most of the abilities of the central control room. He could defend the base from here with confidence, though sacrificing Jason, Marcus, and Solomon would be a last-ditch effort. It disturbed him that his best tools to fight the Outsiders were gone due to the hole in the hangar. There wasn't any air in there anymore, so he couldn't blast them out or cut off the airflow. He wondered how Jason was able to breath.

"Ahhah!" he exclaimed aloud. He activated the power for small panel, which turned on to reveal a holographic screen with the bleakness of space. He used a finger to control what he wanted. Karl selected the escape pod in the hangar and used the control room to help the fight. Suddenly he was there, in the escape pod, like a virtual reality. He saw what was happening around him, and knew he couldn't be seen. The remote control was a little known feature used in some warships to help cadets learn to fly - and force a landing if anything went badly wrong. Luckily the Delta Base had the feature built in as well, though he couldn't possibly imagine why.

Karl reached over and hit a button that closed the hatch to the pod. The pod's mounted guns swiveled to towards the Outsiders, and opened fire. It was a swift decision, with his friends on the line and the knowledge that the Outsiders were hostile. He had no thought of the consequences of his actions for the entirety of the galaxy. Perhaps it was irrational. But yet he fought to help his new friends who had just so recently saved his life.

Last edited by El Fiji Grande on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Control Room no longer exists.)
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:09 am

Marcus whispered the codes to me. I was the fallback. What if we both died? I thought to myself, No stop. We aren't going to die, damn it me and my over imaginative mind and slight PTSD. I readied my weapon and followed Marcus, my HUD displaying that I had my shields up and my cloak ready. It's time to rain hell on these alien bastards. I said to myself encouragingly. "Cloak engaged" my HUD said as I turned on my cloaking. Let's hope they don't get too close... I thought, My cloak is obvious if someone is near me. They entered the Hanger. Something's wrong..., I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off as Marcus disengaged one of the alien's cloak. Holy sweet shit what is that thing... I thought staring slack jawed at the monstrosity  standing not 20 feet from us. More began pouring out of a ship that had just landed.

I didn't wait for Marcus to give me orders I moved towards the things and gave them a hug and got to know them better. We became good friends and went on with our lives.

Ha, I wish I thought as I opened fire on the beasts. It took half a clip to take one down. I was only carrying 3 clips. Well better go down fighting I kept firing, ducking as a hammer swung at my head. I had no clue what Marcus was doing, no doubt firing on them. Hopefully. I reloaded as one of the beasts missed his charge at me.

-to be continued-

//ran out of time sorry//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 am

Jason rushed the first shimmer he saw, and shoulder checked it off it's feet. It was more resistance than he thought it would be, but nonetheless the being still ended up on it's ass. To see what he was up against, he ordered his HUD to show any cloaked enemies by sensing the bent light around the bodies, and to make a 3-D outline of the said body.

These bastards were huge, and for that particular moment they all stopped to look at him. He could tell they were young, no experienced soldier would fight like them unless they were arrogant. But what made Jason smile was they dropped their guns and drew hammer like weapons from their backs. Once they hefted them into a battle stance, it became a "Mexican Standoff", a term learned by an allied Topsailian soldier.

Sizing them up, he realized he had equal strength, faster speed, and more experience to his enemy, and was beyond their caliber. Looking at the 5 that remained, he chuckled to himself at how easy it would be to dispatch them, and retracted one of his swords so he could use one with both hands.

"Let's begin."

The one on his left wasn't expecting Jason to leap to action, and when hammer and sword clashed the Outsider fell to the floor. Spinning, Jason saw that the Outsider's buddy wasn't to happy his friend was attack, as it was throwing a slash like attack to Jason's left side. Jason stepped back on the first one, and used the first one to jump and cut off the arm of the one that attacked him, and follow it up with a stab to what he thought was the heart. "Their armor is weak too, magnificent," he thought, grabbing the hammer from the now dying Outsider and swinging it with his free left hand and a yell into the chest of the one he knocked into the ground with enough force to cave in the chest cavity. Looking forward, he saw that two were before him, and he rushed them.

They had a surprise for him, as one moved out at the last minute and hit Jason with a boosted Kinetic Force Drive to amplify the force and send Jason flying. When he hit the ground on his back, he flipped his legs back to get on his feet and finished the slide against the wall of the hanger. Growling in anger, he willed the energy in his body to build like a coiled spring, and when he climbed his height on the wall and jumped off, he released that energy to fly with his sword forward into the enemy that hit him, impaling him and dragging him off his feet so Jason could turn in bid air and drop the Outsider by his friends. When Jason hit the other side of the Hangar, he fought the two that were standing there for a minute, and as he knocked one down and commenced to beating on it with his sword, he felt his buddy descend upon him and another coming out into play. Stabbing the alien on the ground and turning for the other, he saw Marcus.

He aslo realized the cloaking of the enemy was off, so he deactivated his cloaking sensors and turned. 50 more of the Outsiders piled out of a craft and had those hammers drawn, and these were more experienced than the ones Jason just dispatched. Which reminds me... Jason turned and hacked the head off of the one that was roaring at Jason, and retreated with back steps to Jason, Ghost, and one named Neo who was from Falling Stars. Neo fired, killing one, but Marcus stayed Neo's weapon until all hell broke loose. An escape pod opened fire on the enemy, killing around 3 or 4 in the first couple of bursts.

Jason immediately thought of Karl, "That son of a bitch made it and is watching after us. Good, but that pod isn't going to last long without someone to cover it. I got ya, Karl," Jason thought, and turned to the others, "We gotta cover our support, let's go!"

Jason took off, being faster than the others, and hoped they would follow him. Running, he grabbed one by the throat and threw it on another, with them being killed by the Pod of Hell right after Jason passed them. It seemed as though Karl was covering Jason so he could cover Karl. Jason stood around 20 feet away from the pod with his sword raised, and killed anything that so much as stepped toward him or Karl's Pod of Hell.

//I know it was long, but it's still AWESOME!//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dernland Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Ghost had downed several of the Outsiders with his cannon fire. He saw Jason sprinting for the outsider lines. Grinning a silent grin Ghost charged after him, activating his power claws. There will be BLOOD! All rational thought left his mind as the stimulants took over. He slammed into two of the outsiders, flinging one over his shoulder and disemboweling the other.
Dernland
Dernland

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Marcus ducked behind a crate. Giving orders to the Soldier droids, they took cover as well. Ghost and Jason charged into the front lines, and it seemed Karl had hacked into the mainframe to control the escape pod. It was damaged, but still capable of defense. 

Well at least we have ONE semi-operating escape pod.

Marcus looked back at Ghost and Jason. 

Damnit. They broke the line. Now we are all disorganized. At least Neo is still holding the line. Now, where is Solomon? He had been with Jason but hadnt emerged from the airlock yet.

Marcus resumed firing, and took note of the outsiders strengths and weaknesses. They were extremely organized right now, but he thought it was because of the commander. There was a restrained savageness, it seemed. The previous soldiers seemed to have been scouts, and lightly armored. These new soldiers were much more heavily armored. Even the Dotarian was having trouble taking these creatures out. 

The battle wasnt faring well. 3 droids were already down, and ammo was running low. "Droid 9a-6c, fetch ammo!" The droid stood and ran for some ammo. As it opened the door, he was shot in the head, destroying his control structure.

Shit. The door is open. Its taking all the oxygen out of the base. 

Marcus made a move. He shot and then made a run for a nearby crate. "Droids, Cover fire!" He ran to the door, and yanked it shot. Yelping, he fell to the ground. A yellow spike protruded out of his side. 

Shit Shit Shit. 

Crawling back to cover, he watched the last droid get shot, and the escape pod explode from a rocket. 

The line has collapsed. We need to fall back.

"Jason! Ghost! We need to fall back. Neo and I will provide cover fire."

A second transport limped into the hangar.

At least the Ion cannons are still working.

It proceeded to unload another 30 hostiles. Marcus made a quick estimate that there were about 62 still remaining. 

We are dead.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 am

After the Rocket came in and destroyed Karl's pod, he cursed, "Draaf! Hi kul do prudeen! Fuup hi!" He then turned to Ghost, "Go on, fall back by Marcus!"

"And let you have all the fun?!" Ghost said, covered in dark purple blood.

Jason grinned of relief, at least if he died he wouldn't die alone. "Then let's grab their ranged weapons and use them against them, and see if we can toss some by Marcus and Neo!"

Jason charged in, cutting down several of the enemy at the neck and decapitating them. He grabbed a gun off of one of the fallen enemy, blocked a blow from a hammer, and slung the rifle toward Marcus with it landing 5 feet behind him. He hoped the man would be intelligent enough to use it.He soon found himself with his back against Ghost's, and they fought in the same spot for a while, leaving a pile of bodies at their feet. Jason, at one point, received a blow by a hammer to his left shoulder, slinging him to the ground with the boosted Kinetic energy. It dazed him for a second, until he saw a huge hammer coming down on his head, smashing into his helmet.

He then became thankful that Dotarian engineering and technology was one of the best in the Galaxy, as it bounced his head off the pavement and would kill anyone not wearing armor of a Knight's caliber, kind of like Ghost's. With a yell of rage, he pushed his hand out and willed the alien off of him, sending it upwards into the ceiling and down upon Jason. He got up quickly and impaled the falling alien on his sword, then slung it off of him and looked for more.

They were overwhelming, and he was wondering why the hell he wasn't seeing more of the aliens falling from Marcus. He didn't have time to think about it afterward though, as another came upon him and was harder to dispatch than most of the others.

"GANOG!!!" Jason yelled //enough!// and spread his arms out wide, pushing the enemy back. "TOL LOS GANOG!!!"
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Marcus watched a rifle slide to his feet, and Jason charge into the swarm of aliens.

"NO! NO YOU IDIOT! GET BACK HERE!"

It was too late. There was no way Jason heard him.

"Continue to fall back! Ghost! Neo! Lets go!"

Marcus headed to the airlock and opened the door. Jason had bought them time, but had paid the blood price for it.

//Dotaria I cant see you escaping this realistically. Ill give Ghost a chance since he hasnt responded to my fall back post.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dernland Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Ghost heard Marcus' order to fall back, and his mind was only capable of doing two things, fighting and following orders. He immediately sheathed his power claws and backed towards the door. He sighted his auto-cannon, firing bursts at the ones that were trying to flank Jason.
Dernland
Dernland

Back to top Go down

Post by Crumstain Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:17 am

It was dark. Cold and dark. The air was still, yet it felt like a storm was pushing Solomons body. He couldn't feel his body. He could hardly breathe. All he could smell was death, a scent he was familiar with. He began to walk against the wind of the storm. It was dark. He felt along the walls. It felt almost solid but not solid at the same time. He removed his hand, it felt warm. He looked at his palm, it was covered in blood. He looked at the wall and saw the faces of the fallen. Men, women, children. Most were dead. Most. The rest screamed and moaned. They shouldn't be alive. Solomon proceeded down the hall. He didn't feel anything. It was dark. "Was this death?" thought Solomon. He heard a rumble down the hall. He didn't know what it was. He approached the noise and witnessed a beast. It stood looking at Solomon. Its bright yellow eyes stood out in the darkness. Slowly it moved towards Solomon. Solomon slowly moved towards the beast. He could see his breath before him. He was alive but it was cold.

The beast raised a weapon. A hammer. It released a deafening scream. But Solomon didn't react. He couldn't. He had no control. Solomon drew his machete. He didn't know he had it. Faces of the ones he had killed flashed before him. He looked at the beast. It charged at Solomon and swung its mighty hammer. Solomon dodged it, taking a step back. The beast continued its assault. Solomon took a blow from the beasts armor. But he did not feel it. The storm pushed him towards the beast. He charged at the beast, faster than ever. The beast grabbed Solomons neck, choking him ever slowly to death. Solomons arm was free, he slashed at the beast. The beasts arm dropped, laying on the ground severed. Solomon was free. But it didn't matter. He had to kill. The beast was hunched over on the ground wailing in pain. Solomon didn't care. He approached the beast and raised his machete. He shoved the machete in the beasts eye. He pushed, and pushed until he knew the blade was all the way in the skull. He could feel the life of the beast through the machete. With one swift twist of the blade, he could end its life. That is too easy. He slowly twisted the blade, the eye began to bleed, and then slowly began to move out of the socket. The beast screamed louder and louder. Solomon continued the slow and painful death to the beast. The blade twisted, twisted, and twisted ever so slightly until a bone crushing noise came from the beast. The blade quickly completed its job. The beast fell silent. Solomon pulled the blade out and stared at it. He began to feel once again. His blood began to boil, he saw red. He swung the blade at the beast, chopping it into many pieces. He was covered in blood, the floor was red, the walls were red.

It was over. The rage had faded but his lust for death remained. He saw he was in the hallway of Delta base. Slowly, he lumbered towards a window. He had broken his leg somehow. But he didn't feel it. He looked out into space. Stars covered everything. He imagined what it must be like to be out there. To float in space. He imagined it was cold and dark. He could feel it. It wasn't time yet. He moved down the hall, he heard more gunfire. The hall was dark but he continued. Why couldn't he just fucking die? He thought he was suffering but he couldn't tell. He couldn't feel.

"She's gone..." he whispered.
Crumstain
Crumstain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:06 pm

I continued firing, 1 clip in reserve. Marcus gave the fall back order and I ran. I continued firing into the crowd, trying not to hit Jason. The mass of Outsiders began to swarm him as I shut the doors to the Hanger. "Ghost help Marcus to the armory, I'm going to leave a small surprise for our friends. Lock the doors behind you, I'm not coming with you."

"But-" Marcus said.

"Go!! If you stay you will die, don't make me use my hallucinogens" I warned.
They hobbled through the door and locked it. I typed the codes for the maintenance bay and grabbed 2 of the fuel cells, hauling them outside into the hallway. I locked the doors again. Well at least I'll die with honor... I thought to myself, no doubt they are about to break through the door. "Karl, if your still alive send a message to command to send a rescue fleet then get to the lifepod." I said over the radio. I pulled a grenade from my belt and pulled the pin knowing it wouldn't go off until it left my hand.

I ran with my team, the Dernlandian slung over my shoulder. No doubt the others were being overwhelmed by the mob that busted in. We made it out on the back streets, the light blinding me. I looked up and saw army and news helicopters circling the area.

"We gotta go Neo!" My XO said. I nodded and we ran into an alley. Too many had died.

I saw their ugly faces emerge into the window on the door. Hello ugly...
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum