Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Character RP - Page 14 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by Dotaria Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 pm

//I uh.... burned Qcyra to the ground..... I'll put us at Vaes Morro, ok?//

Arthur snatched at the helm and turned back. They were only a day's sail from Vaes Morro, if that, so it was the only alternative. They made it there come night fall, and paid the extortionate prices to repair the hull, which was "a shitty patch job" from Arthur's words. The men went to shore to drown their sorrows, but Arthur sat on the pier drinking his sorrow away in spiced wine (rum). Riut came next to him.

//You can voice your character's thoughts if you would like.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:41 pm

//I thought you burned the camp to the ground not the city...//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm

//Qcrya WAS a camp.A trading camp. THe city was under construction by slaves, but....Marcus ended that.

WHERE THE FUCK IS ARON!?!? HOW THE FUCK DID HE GET IN FAXVIEW! I though the mercernaries were with us???//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:18 pm

//I thought some mercenaries stayed behind to help rebuild? Last I remember he was still in Faxview//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 pm

//it's a minor detail. I can change it without messing anything up.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:05 pm

//No, we all moved in force to find Marcus.... WHO FREAKING DIED!!! DX//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:13 pm

I might decide to rejoin this RP. Maybe.

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:50 am

//Please come back! You're supposed to train me!//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:04 pm

//I AM GOING TO FUCKING COME BACK TO LIFE IF SOMEONE DOESNT INTRODUCE MY CHARACTER FOR ME!//

Aron sharpened his blade, tears rolling down his face. He was off oar duty, and he wasn't picked often for it anyways. He was too skinny to be of much use. A tear hit the deck of the ship, and Aron wiped his face. He couldn't be seen crying, but what could he do? Aron had always considered Marcus to be the closest thing he had to a father. Living in Southwind, he had always been an outcast Don't touch him! Hes a filthy half-elf all the kids would scream, even the adults would shy away from him. But not Marcus. Marcus had accepted him as an equal. Sometimes, when he was meditating, he would feel an energy come from Marcus. The same one he had felt coming from the Leaven Wood, and it made him wonder, was Marcus associated with the elves somehow?? Aron dismissed the thought as silly, and went back to sharpening his knife.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:59 am

Arthur finished the skin of wine, and his body felt numb. He got up, swaying, and walked over to the skinny boy Aron. He was crying and sharpening a knife. He knew how close the two were, almost as close as him and the little boy Kaidan. He stumbled over to the boy and offered his hand for the knife.

The boy looked up at Arthur and sniffled. He then expertly flipped the knife in his hand, catching it by the blade, and handed the knife over to Arthur who tested the edge.

"Good edge," Arthur said. If there was one thing the boy could do, it was use and sharpen a sword.

The boy wiped his eyes, "Thank you sir."

Arthur pulled out another skin of the spiced wine from his belt. "I plan on getting drunk, as the last time I got drunk was with Marcus down in Sea Town when we first thought about creating this company. Care to share with me?"

"Sure," the boy said, and got up.

They went to Arthur's perch and sat down. They reminisced about memories of Marcus, and then, both of them drunk, Arthur gave Aron a few words of advice.

"Boy, listen to me. It's alright for a man to cry, and I understand your fears for the future. We grew with Marcus as he grew with us, and now the gods have seen fit to take him away. Don't let the other men see you cry, though. They won't respect you. Don't show fear either. Be like a Frostman, like me. I'm always scared before a battle, but I pray to the gods and I make light of the situation. You dwell on things too much and they'll destroy you and your resolve. I know your drunk, but remember these words," Arthur said through slurred words, and they drank more until they fell asleep.

Riut woke them up the next day, "Time for grub guys."

Arthur got up and found Kaidan eating at his little pallet. The boy took to calling him Pa, "Hey Pa!"

"Hey boy!" Arthur said, hugging Kaidan. He then turned to Aron who was behind him and said, "You remember our conversation right?"

"Yes sir."

"Then remember one thing," Arthur said, picking Kaidan up, "Remember what you have left, and hold onto it. You still have brothers, lad."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:51 pm

After a long night of drinking, way beyond what Aron could take, he shambled up to the prow of the ship, passing by the sleeping watchman. Stepping up onto the prow, Aron looked out over the waves. Contemplating the sweet embrace of the ocean, Aron let the ocean lick his calves. Stepping forward into the ocean, he was stopped only by a voice.

"Stop! Aron Stop!"

Incredulously, Aron looked out onto the ocean, and saw Marcus floating above the water. "Marcus....is that you?!"

"Yes you fool. Now step back from the prow and listen to me."
Aron did as he asked, ever-obedient to his eternal captain.
"Now Aron, I need you to listen, and listen closely. A time of darkness will soon be upon us. King Davin will band together with King Vyron of Ashwood, and the newly risen Khan Kaogai. Together they will wash over House Taren and all of their lands, and come to dominate all of world. It is up to you, Arthur, and Riut to turn the tide of the war."

Aron, confused, asked, "But Marcus, how can I do that...I am only a boy in a mercernary company."

Marcus nodded, "Aye, but let me tell you a story. When I was young, I lived in Sea Town. Often I would travel to Southwind, to experience the uniqueness of Elven parties in Southwind's forests. Normally humans could only observe, but one night, a curious elven girl meandered among the humans, chatting. She sat down by me, and we talked long past night, and into the dawn. One thing led to another, and we made love in the woods. I woke in the morning, and she was gone.

After many months, I returned to an Elven party once again, and met her again. Her name was Lysandra, and she was pregnant...with my son. We both agreed to never mention the child, but to both keep an eye on them. We could never reveal that we had given birth to a half-elf. They were despised by both races. So Lysandra watched over you while you grew, and when you were old enough, I took over you care, and brought you to my Mercenary company.

But Aron....Lysandra is of royal lineage. The ancient house of Elyon. A noble elven family that used to rule over the Leaven Wood and Southwind. And you are now heir to the house. Use it as your rallying call against the tide of evil. It is up to you to stop this world from being overrun."

With this, Marcus faded into the darkness, and Aron was left to contemplate his true origins among the rolling tides that rocked the ship.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:00 pm

//Dotaria, Marcus is going to visit you next.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 pm

After eating breakfast, Arthur cast off the Ved Dovah and made way for the Century Oak.

It took them 3 and a half weeks to get there, and they repaired the ship with Vugel Dol Wood from the other ships that were beached for scrap. They then held a funeral for Marcus.

They placed his body on wood pyre and Arthur lit it. They watched him burn for a few minutes until Arthur moved forward to say something.

"Lads... We lost a great man. A man who watched after us, trained with us, sailed with us, ate with us, and bled with us. He is one of the greatest men I have ever known, and we are all lost because of his death.

"But this doesn't mean WE have died. The gods have given us more days to live, and we should all be thankful. The gods still have plans for us, and only the Dead rest. Today, I look at Eremor and I see an island of turmoil and destruction, led by people who don't give a damn about their people. This was a world Marcus tried his damned best to fight against, and it took his life. Today, I want to change the course of history.

"Today, I wish to start a kingdom, of common folk. Marcus and I joked about it one day, but now I wish to see that dream come to life. I'm done with the constant killing. I'm done with the constant temper tantrums of kings that cause the deaths of hundreds of people and the destruction of families. If a man wants to fight, he should be able to fight for what he believes in, not because of some man wearing a golden hat telling him to.

"Today, I want to raise an army to take down these failures called kings. I want to create a kingdom like what Marcus envisioned. One without constant war and enslavement. I want you all to join me, be lords of these people, guide them to THEIR desires, and provide for their happiness. Free these people from oppression, free them from tyranny, and free them from the constant destruction that King Davin and kings like him want.

"Lads, help me to create a new world."

The men nodded in agreement, and stepped forward. One of them said, "I'll follow you Arthur, to the death." and he was quickly echoed by the rest of the procession. Riut even stepped forward with the men.

"Today is the dawn of a new Era!" Arthur yelled, "TO VICTORY!"

The men echoed him, and chanted Arthur's name.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 pm

//I'm considering coming back to this RP. Could someone give me a detailed summary of what has happened since I left?//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:57 pm

//Marcus died, big battle raged at a castle sometime, and Riut is now unofficially a part of the mercenaries. It's better to read it from where you left off...//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 pm

//all but 13 on the assassins died also//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Dotaria wrote://Marcus died, big battle raged at a castle sometime, and Riut is now unofficially a part of the mercenaries. It's better to read it from where you left off...//
Alright. I'll probably spend some time catching up on the weekend then.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 pm

//I think its a good read...//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Dotaria wrote://I think its a good read...//
//I'm sure it is. Just don't have the time right now.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:48 pm

//So, Fiji, have you caught up?//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:06 pm

//I think this RP may be dead...//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Dotaria wrote://So, Fiji, have you caught up?//
No. I haven't even started, but I still plan on catching up.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:21 am

i'm back. I will now proceed to post.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 am

East Ibsenia wrote:Welcome Adventurers and Hermits alike, to the land of Eremor.

Character RP - Page 14 CDk0Kbw

Let us establish some rules before you set out on your journey, across the world.

I: If you want to talk out of character. //Talk like this.//

II: East Ibsenia's word is final. I will be diplomatic and just to the best of my ability, but I am the be-all end-all.

III: Do not "Godmod" or, make it so that others cannot defeat you.

IV: Stick to the time period. This is a medieval time period. No guns, no jet packs. Fantasy is allowed.

V: This is my world, I will determine its ultimate shape. I would love for you to interact and mold it, but nothing that is too intense and changes the environment... e.g. Burning down the starting city.

VI: You must read the entire beginning post...namely this.

THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

In game rules:

I: You can only cross the sea by ships, which can only be docked at port cities, indicated by the ships.
II:You may only reach a region linked by road, or by adjoining province.
III: The Slab mountains are impassable, although there may be a few hidden ways through *hint*
IV: Everyone starts in Mycra. You can travel wherever you want from there though.
V: At this point, you can only have one character.
VI: Italicized names are area names, non-italicized are town names
VII: Crowns are the universally accepted currency in Eremor

City Sizes

Large City:
Mycra
Seatown
Beleriand
Lyas
Large Town:

Vaes Morro
RockPort
Sapphire Lake
Ashwood

Small Town:
Rosby
Southwind
Diviyan

Village:
Faxview
Marliken
EastShire

Special Locations:
Old Tavern- An Ancient Tavern, that has been run as long as anyone can remember. A halfway point between Lyas and Sea Town
Elverand- A treetop village in the south of Eremor.
Qcrya- A desert trading post controlled by Korai Khan

Fiefdoms of Eremor

House Rowe: Sapphire Lake*, Southwind
Character RP - Page 14 NxniCyT

House Ocren: Sea Town*, EastShire
Character RP - Page 14 EOixwXh

House Lyon: Lyas*

House Westere: Lorchant*

House Viliyon: Ashwood*, Faxview
Character RP - Page 14 XQdHzzM

House Ornant: Diviyan*
Character RP - Page 14 2HkQnFX

House Smalron: RockPort*

House Taren: Mycra*
Character RP - Page 14 CWHyRkN

House Sillan: Beleriand*, Rosby

King Amek of House Taren, Lord of Mycra and his subjects:
House Sillan

King Vyron of House Villiyon, Lord of Ashwood and his subjects:
House Ornant

King Janos of House Lyon, Lord of Lyas and his subjects:
House Westere

This is a game of personal decisions. You can only affect yourself. However, that doesnt mean your decisions wont have an effect on the world. You may find that aiding a king in his war will result in a total conquest of the continent by him. You may find yourself gaining a religious following. You may even find yourself a king.

So, my adventurer, welcome to Mycra. This is a city of trade, change, and diversity, ruled by King Amek. You choose your past, you choose your present, you choose your future. Mycra awaits you.
//for the sake of convenience.//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:47 am

Caleann ran through the grove. Over the last year, Elverand had once more become her home. The trails, including the one she was now following became as familiar as the back of her hand, but the Leaven Wood had retained its mystery. Despite being a diplomat for the elves - she had paid little head to world affairs, as they had little to do with her or her people. Her training in magic had finally concluded when her ancient mentor passed away. Remembering this... she cast a spell that made her dream without losing consciousness of her surroundings. It was a neat trick he had taught her, and in her dream she imagined him teaching her once more.

Now, still a young elf, she was capable at magic - but never would she be fully trained. The elves had a policy - to side with good up until the point when doing so would harm them. She thought briefly of the wars that she knew were happening, but knew little about. Her mother was still the queen, and she was still a princess. But little of that mattered to her. She wanted to experience the world, to see the world, and to make foreign friends. Her sense of adventure was reawakened once more.

So she went to her Queen, and they spoke. They spoke mentally, for she had now built up a mental barrier so powerful that she doubted the Queen - her mother, and one of the most powerful magicians in the world - could break her. She had learned from past experiences what it meant to be mentally attacked, and she would not let it happen again. But despite this, she managed to persuade her Queen, at which point she bowed her head, and touched her index and middle finger together to her lips, then dropped them, in the traditional Elven sign of respect.

She jumped into the air with glee, then rocketed upwards. The magic no longer drained from her body, but rather from small gems that she had stored energy in in the past. Her experience now expended less energy, and she herself was still at full capacity. She ended up gliding to her tree, floating through the window, and magically gathering her things. Normally, she would not expend energy so wastefully on such trivial tasks, but now she was determined. Her training would not go to waste.

She then set out for Sapphire Lake - which she set out for by finding Acorn through magic - and then riding quickly there.

//where are you guys?//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next