Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The War of Survival: FT RP

+4
Falling Stars
SSV Normandy SR-2
Roxolani
Dotaria
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The War of Survival: FT RP Empty The War of Survival: FT RP

Post by Dotaria Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:04 am

The War of Survival: FT RP Strategos+Prime+Map

Legend:
Black- Not able to settle
Red- Dotaria
Orange- Topsail Empire
Dark Blue- Grothbord
Light Blue- El Fiji Grande
Dark Red- Roxolani
Dark Brown- SSV Normandy SR-2
Purple- East Ibsenia
Light Green- The Empire of Reid
Dark Purple- Hockesin
Gold- Atlantica
Yellow- Cornelius Dominion
Pink- Falling Stars
Dark Orange- Organized Geth
Green- New Jeffland
Ultra Dark Green- The Fallen Jedi
Ultra Dark blue- The Torogian Collective

The year is 2396, and the Galaxy has prospered with the alliance of Strategos Prime, a Galactic wide alliance designed to keep the peace within the Galactic border. Lying within the depths of the blackest space, however, is a gateway billions of miles away from the Strategos Prime Coalition. Close to this gateway is a Gigantic machine planet exponentially bigger than any star ever discovered by the sentient beings of Strategos Prime. It is home to the Ker'Athal.

They are a race of sentient machines with the technology of millions of civilizations, civilizations they have destroyed. They view themselves as gods, and as such they believe that it is their sole duty to destroy the sentient races of the universe. Their Gateway has access to a countless number of Galaxies that have been reaped by their endless onslaught, and they have a new target on their list:

The Heroes of Strategos Prime.

However, the Races of Strategos Prime have not had the lasting friendships they once had. Reeling back from a civil war //Our civil war RP// the Coalition is not as strong as it once was and tensions are still high. Some tensions are so high, some races may seek to join the Ker'Athal or fight both the invaders and the rest of their neighbors. The Fate of Strategos Prime hangs in the balance, and only time will tell if the Races will unite together to destroy their common foe, or even if, together, they are strong enough to defend the chunks of rock they live on, as their enemy is determined.

Their soldiers are infinitely numerous, with some machines reaching the size of moons. Their weapons are capable of ripping starships in two with lethal efficiency. The enemy feels no pain, no sorrow, no anguish, and no mercy. Will the uniting of the ambitious Humans, the honorable and proud Dotarians, the merchants of Valen, or the scavenging Helimen of Falling Stars be enough to protect Strategos Prime and secure the Galaxy forever?

Only time will tell in The War of Survival.

What the Ker'Athal look like!

Normal soldiers

[img]http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2012/galanpang/galanpang_05.jpg[/img

More images showing up soon!

Last edited by Dotaria on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

The War of Survival: FT RP Empty Re: The War of Survival: FT RP

Post by Dotaria Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 am

Bors

Dotaria is in chaos. The Ryse, Ryse Hunter I Mathias, was missing for 20 years, making factions appear within the Dotarian Confederacy and driving a wedge between neighbors and Drogs (Lords). Things couldn't get much worse.

Rayne I Mathias, Hunter's wife, sits on the throne as Queen Regent since Hunter has no heirs, and Bors Quethsegol, Hunter's best friend and right hand, is her voice and hand. He is aided by Riorn Snowclaw, a long time ally from the wars with the Herat'Fuum that almost wiped out the two races. After the war, the races, who were driven apart with Dotarian Pride, became brothers in arms.

"Bors," Riorn said, then spoke the Dotarian tongue, "you haven't been sleeping again brother. You're exhausted, let me-"

"No, I'm fine. Gods, I wish Hunter were here. His sons were killed in the civil war, he could fuck Rayne again and this whole fiasco wouldn't be going on," Bors said.

Riorn chuckled, "You Dotarians have a false sense of importance for your Ryse. As I said before, the worlds turn even after we're gone."

They looked up from the Citadel into the sky over Requiem, seeing the sunset fall into the West painting the sky in red, purple, orange, blue, and yellow like a watercolor painting. They stood there, admiring and thinking, when Rayne interrupted their train of thought.

"Riorn, Bors, there is something you need to see."

They followed the Queen to her chambers where she showed them a video on her tablet. It showed a man with a hard face preaching hatred for the Titan's Throne and how he was going to bed Rayne and take Hunter's throne after a war that would come soon.

Bors was angry, as he viewed Rayne as a little sister of sorts, but what was worse was another war was on the horizon, costing the lives of millions of Dotarians.

Rayne said quietly, "Bors, our legitimacy to the Throne is falling. If we're going to hold onto the Confederacy, we have to marry."

Bors had a tense calm to his voice when he said, "No, Hunter is still out there."

Riorn spoke up this time, "I almost killed Hunter myself. The forces of space are stronger than the Rox my friend, the chances of him-"

"You don't know him! I REFUSE to believe he is dead! The man... Look, this is getting us nowhere. we need to fortify the planets loyal to us and make sure that this..."

"Ghiska," Rayne said, reminding Bors.

"Ghiska bastard can't step foot on Requiem. Meantime, we need to talk these people down and come to peaceful terms."

Riorn nodded, "That makes sense. I'll take care of helping you fortify while you handle the politics. I can bring some of my people from home to help too."

Bors turned to argue, but then smiled weakly and said, "Thank you, brother. Perhaps with the Rox on our side threatening to back us in a war will keep them from fighting. Thank you."

Hunter

For 20 years he had floated in the void of space, traveling to distant stars uncharted by the Coalition of Strategos Prime. Beautiful nebulae reached out to him with fingers of different colors, reflected colors from the nearby stars. There were stars dying, imploding onto themselves then exploding outward to reach out to the void around them.

Yet Hunter never saw any of it.

He was unconscious in his Knight's armor, in a constant state of meditation that rebuilt the damage done to him in the war that brought him here to this situation. He dreamed of Rayne, and the sons he had lost. They were at a beach with fine white sand back when his children were 12, children to Dotarian eyes. He remembered how he felt that day, with no war or constant state of emergency. It was... Peaceful.

He wanted to stay there forever, but a feeling came upon him that he should wake up, and that he was in danger. He slowly opened his eyes and saw a round gateway that he was heading towards. The structure was massive, and he could tell by how many stars were around him that he had found himself in the middle of the galaxy, and possibly the exact center of the Galaxy. Curious, he willed himself to go faster toward the object.

It was as big as a Red Giant Star, with glyphs unknon to him covering the structure, making up bigger glyphs and more, smaller structures all over the Ring. He touched the structure and it shuddered. He then found himself stretching into the center, and then he saw blue, as if he was entering a wormhole. On the other side a sight of something he would never forget stood before him.

He was in the middle of deep space, there were no stars, no warmth to speak of, and even in his armor, which kept a biosphere around him that he could control, he was freezing. The structure before him though, sent more chills down his spine, causing him to feel the one emotion he thought he would never feel.

True fear.

The planet was massive, larger than any star in existence 100 fold. It illuminated itself before him, and he could see from the luminescence that it too was mechanical in nature, very similar to the Ring he passed through. Using his armor's helmet, he could see complex machines walking on it, and he had a feeling in his mind that they were far more intelligent than all of the intelligence of his own galaxy combined.

Ships then sped toward him, and they were different in makeup than the machines. He sensed that there were creatures on it escaping, so when the ships passed by him, he latched onto the biggest one and went back through the wormhole with them, hoping that it would take him home.

He crawled inside the ship to warm himself, then looked for the creatures. He soon found them, and saw that they were lion-men. He followed the beast to the bridge and made himself known.

"Are you friend or foe?" he asked.

They turned to him and everyone froze. Hunter swallowed and asked his question again.

The one who looked like the leader came forth and spoke, a different tongue than Hunter's. He expected this, and Hunter slowly walked toward the man with his hands up.

"I mean you no harm. I only ask who you are and where you come from. I'm lost, far away from home, and I need to get back. I am a friend, I mean you no harm," Hunter said as he walked toward the lion-man. Once he stood before him, he could see it tense it's muscles to prepare to defend itself, and Hunter kept talking, "I am going to touch your head." He reinforced this by mimicking him touching his hand with his pointer finger, then pointing to his head. "I mean you no harm, only peace."

Hunter slowly moved to touch the thing's head, and mind melded with him. He could see that the lion-man saw him before, in a dream. He then saw the language they spoke, and it was so... Beautiful. It was elegant, and speaking it was as if it made song. He saw their culture, and how it was destroyed in war with the machines Hunter just saw. He then broke the connection, and they both staggered back.

The lion-men went nuts, and rushed Hunter until their leader stopped them.

"STOP BROTHERS! I am fine!"

Hunter had his sword out to defend himself, but once they stood down, he retracted it back into his wrist. "I can understand you now," Hunter said, in their own tongue.

Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxolani Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Riorn Snowclaw's boots rang loud and clear as he marched up the walkway into the ship, turning back and saluting Rayne and Bors, "Do not fear in mine and Hunters absence, all will be as it should be again. And soon," he said, his voice carrying an odd tone of surity that none of the others, even Driera seemed to share. He turned back around and continued walking into the control room and started the engines.

He eventually got the ship into the air and told it to plot a course to the same coordinates that the Roxan army was based in, having imported many hides and bones from home, they had made a large military camp, in the same fashion as they had on Roxas in the middle of a large forest. All of the clans seemed to live and laugh and love in peace. Riorn was loath to make them give up the tranquility and peace they had come to enjoy and was mixed up in these thoughts when Driera walked up behind him a draped her arms over his head.

"So what makes you think that Hunter is still among the living, instead of walking the realm of the spirits?" Driera asked, giving Riorn a peck on the cheek.

"I have had a vision. Hunter and Bors' training has made me much more sensitive it seems to the flows of both Roxas, and the rest of this galaxy. He does yet live, although I do not know where," Riorn said as the camp came into view, "What I don't yet know, is what the lions roar has to do with anything," Riorn said thoughtfully, changing his thoughts from those of his people, to those of his visions, remembering the wings of flame that the lion seemed chased by, running into a Dotarian in full battle gear and letting out a roar before turning to face the apparent phoenix.

"All will be well as you said then. Do not worry over things you cannot affect," Driera said with a smirk, turning around and walking back to her quarters and gathering what she brought with her, waiting for Riorn to land and gather his things before they departed the ship to greet and lead their people.
Roxolani
Roxolani

Back to top Go down

Post by SSV Normandy SR-2 Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Admiral Hayes

the SSV Normandy broke out of FTL inside Dotarian space with its stealth drive active on a shake down run of the new tantalist mass effect drive core. It has been awhile since president admiral Hayes has seen he brothers Bors and Hunter. The mixed species crew was comprised of Human, Asari and turian fast at work a board the ship. The Alliance at the end of the Armali war opened galactic boarders when multiple species and quickly signed in with the Alliance with the humans at its head, though the heads of their respective planets all meeting in Alliance council.

"sir, stealth drive engaged the upgraded drive core is working at exceptionally well" said yeoman sheala Dantius

Hayes looked at Sheala who was an ocean blue Asari and nodded saying "amazing job everyone" and opened a comm window to Dotarian military command " Dotarian command this is Admiral Hayes of the SSV Normandy requesting permission to land at the capital"

SSV Normandy SR-2
SSV Normandy SR-2
Minister of Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Gout

"It's gorgeous out here isn't it sir?" A voice buzzed over Gout's headset.

"That it is Corporal." He replied, checking the energy level of his suit. He looked over the horizon of Helimond, waiting for the sun to rise after a 25 Earth hour night, natural for the planet. They had just arrived at Helimond for a shore leave and a resupply after 2 years in space. Sadly, their leave was coming to an end and before they left the port-side docking ring needed to be closed. "Any visual?" Gout asked.

"Negative, we should be getting close though." The other man said, checking his nav-projector //Like the location finder from dead space//. "Looks like it's just around that observation point"

"There it is. Clamp it."

"Yes sir" The other man said locking to cover in place. "That should be good."

"Admiral, we have an issue. We need you on the bridge now!" Gout's earpiece said.

"Let's move Corporal." Gout said switching off his Magnetic boots and activating his PPD //Personal Propulsion Device// and flying to the Airlock nearest to the bridge. They enter and activate the aeration process. A few minutes later they are entering the bridge. "What's the issue?"

"We have a station near Lutre reporting they are under attack"

"Tell Helimond command that we're warping out and warn Lutre defenses that 2nd fleet will be warping in. All ships, arm weapons and prepare to jump. Things may get interesting." The ship began to shutter as the FTL-S began to warm up. The blast shields on the viewports as the warp engaged. A few moments later the viewports reopened revealing a calm area on the planet. "How close are we?"

"A half-spin from the station, sir"

"Activate the engines and get us to that station. did they say who was attacking them?"

"They didn't sir"

"Well, let's prepare for the worst. Fire Control, load the MDC and charge the Particle cannon." They passed over the planet and emerged on the other side to a large battle. "Magnify." Gout said as a loading symbol appeared on the right hand corner of the viewport. It zoomed in on the attacking ships. They had strange markings that reminded Gout of the Pirates that attempted to take M'yto 4 years prior. "All ships, activate IFF tags and engage hostiles." The ship shook as a shell left the MDC.

"The enemy is out numbered 2 to 1, aggressive action recommended" ARA, the ship's AI said through Gouts earpiece and to the rest of the command crew. It used multiple methods to check how many enemy ships were in the area and relayed it, very effective in certain combat situations. Sadly, like most AI, she got annoying.

"Can someone mute ARA please? We don't need her right now." Gout sighed in relief as the constant combat updates stopped. "Now launch some bombers and target the larger ships' engines." Gout told the crew. This should be an easy battle. The FS Dannwa began unloading it's entire arsenal in accurate bursts destroying hard points on the larger ships to help out the fighters and bombers.

"Sir, the remaining ships are preparing to jump!" A crew member said breaking Gout's focus on the magnificent fireworks display that was being shown in front of him.

"Target their engines! Take as many out as possible and bomb the crippled ones to hell!" Gout said pointing at the retreating ships. "If they surrender board the ships and bring the highest ranking member to the brig. Send the others to trial." Gout said exiting the bridge calmly. 'Pirates aren't much for fighting, hell, no fleet we've fought has been able to out gun our ships for long.' Gout thought passing a waiting medical team, as a bomber returned to the hanger bay. If only he knew what was to come...

Uracil

The night was new on Hertz'y. It was the clearest sky Uracil had seen in months. No clouds and the moons shined with a amber color, all of them in a crescent alignment. Tonight was the night he was to propose to Adenine. He was waiting for a moment like this to do so, so.... romantic. He was excited. A new time in his life was approaching and he was completely ready for it. Uracil was a smith, making fine weaponry for soldiers and generals from the farthest reaches of Falling Stars. He had actually made the gantlet himself, making it as perfect as a hand could. He turned as the door opened behind him. He wasn't expecting what happened next. He was taken aback as his soon to be spouse walked in with a gorgeous gown. It was time. He lit a candle that began to glow a green hew. In the proposal ceremony not a word was to be spoken, but 50 candles were to be lit and 5 hours spent dancing in the moon light. The next morning he awoke to the sounds of birds. She had lit the final candle, showing that she accepted. They were to be married in a few days //This is a guerrilla captain that will fight against the machines when they come//

Last edited by Falling Stars on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:03 pm

//I was going to have our main enemy warp in after Hunter warps back, because of Hunter touching the Gateway alerted the machines to Strategos Prime.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:35 pm

//I'm too lazy to rewrite it, it's my intro so it doesn't have any connection to the cyborg things//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 pm

//Aight, sounds good bro.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Torogian Collective Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:32 pm

"Order! Order!" The Versluis Council Leader shouted as the High Council chamber was filled with angry roars and outrage. Clearly, it's shouting wasn't working. "Order!" He shouted again, but to no avail. He watched as all 80 High Council Members stood up in their seats and shouted in hatred and anger. "We are safe where we are!" The High Council Leaders heard over and over again. The Versluis Council Leader rose a hand, and the few guards that were in the High Council Chamber. They stomped their feet and held their Ubroykese blades at ready. The room slowly died down.

"Now I understand your concern. But we cannot sit here and wait for something to come to us." The Versluis High Council leader announced. A few heads turned towards the Vshorizi High Council leader. "It is true." The Mineervi High Council leader stepped forward. "Our scouts and patrols have been entering someone else's space, and it's happening more and more often. We have had to destroy unknown contacts to cover our tracks. We must do something before something reacts." A few High Council members nodded their heads in agreement.

The Vshorizi High Council leader stepped forward. "Whether or not we like it we must react soon, otherwise we might be surprised. Then subsequently conquered." More and more heads were nodding in agreement, while others were talking to those beside them in low whispers. A few let out a huff at the Vshorizi leader. The Joorg High Council leader stepped forward and outstretched a hand. "And along the way, discover technologies that might even surpass ours. Take these technologies and use them to our advantage." The Joorg High Council leader clenched his fist when he said "advantage." There were a few people verbally agreeing with the High Council Leaders.

The Dushraki High Council leader looked over at the Versluis High Council leader once he stepped back and sat back down in his chair. "Do you think this will work?" The Dushraki High Council leader asked. The Versluis High Council leader nodded slowly. "From friend to friend, I hope so."

-

"I don't want to hear it." The Halcyon Archon sounded angry as he looked out the window into the darkness. The Lieutenant behind him was at attention. "Sir, the scouts bagged a few more though." The Halcyon Archon turned his head. "How many?" He asked. "Around four." The Deck Lieutenant said. "They didn't stand a chance. A fight was put up, but no one in the scout fleet died. Just a few rotations of repairs." The Lieutenant nodded. "Hmm..." The Sonazarian Halcyon Archon - A fleet leader - slowly thought about it. "Did the High Council make a decision on what we do?" The Sonazarian asked. The Joorg Deck Lieutenant nodded. "Officially, no. Unofficially, yes. They are voting as we speak." The Halcyon Archon nodded again.

"Tell every Archon to prepare their fleet. We're going on a little force recon..."

//Still hate doing this...thing//
//But sorry it's short. Have to do some more factbooking.//
The Torogian Collective
The Torogian Collective

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Hunter

"How in the hell did you do that?" the Lion-men asked.

Hunter tried explaining, "I'm telepathic. I can do anything my mind allows me to do, especially if I touch something to help manifest my power. I looked into his mind to learn your language, and it is the most beautiful I have ever heard."

"Who are you? What are you? Explain yourself." The leader said.

"I am Hunter I Mathias, Ryse of Dotaria and Drog of Requiem. I have been drifting in space for 20 years now, so I dunno if all of those titles apply anymore," Hunter replied.

The leader nodded, "I am Balthazar Bloodtalon, Bringer of Ashes, King of Feliona and Lord of the Lionids //Leeonids, guys, not Lion-ids//. Our homeworld was destroyed by those things that you saw, and we have learned that those things have been going from galaxy to galaxy destroying everything in their path and stealing the technology and resources of fallen races. We were their latest victim, but now, it seems as though your people are next."

"My people..." Hunter said, taking the information in, "We have many races in our galaxy. They'll all die too?"

"Yes, friend... I am sorry. Apocalypse has come to you now."

Hunter walked toward a wall and braced himself on it, his heart racing. He was breathing heavy and deep in thought when the ship's navigator said in a panicked voice, "They followed us sooner than we thought, we have 40 hostile ships on our ass sir!"

Balthazar turned to the navigator and saw the radar screen, "Shit, charge weapons and shields. Aim our weapons at them and fire as soon as possible."

Hunter's mind quickly changed to battle, "Launch your fighters and use them to screen you for an escape. We can jump to my homeworld, Requiem."

"We need a gravity well to create a warp hole, and fighters? Our troops only fight on ground."

"You have no anti-ship planes?"

"No...?"

"Draaf!" Hunter cursed, thinking. He then said, "Alright, I'll use the airlock and fly to them to cover your escape."

"That's suicide, Hunter," Balthazar said.

Hunter smiled, "You'd be surprised."

Without another word, Hunter ran to the airlock he came in from and jumped back out into space. By then, the fleets were already firing at each other, and the enemy ships were being ripped to shreds when more came in, around 40 more. Hunter narrowed his eyes for the bigger ones and flew toward the fleet, kicking off the Lionid flagship and willing himself to go faster.

When he picked his target, he went faster and punched straight through the ship, coming out the other side to see the ship break in half and explode. He then grabbed the nose off of one of the smaller ships, spun it around, and slung it into another of the bigger ships, taking two birds with one stone.

He turned back to the Lionid ships to see one took a direct hit to the stern, right in one of the engines. The ship's stern kicked up, and looked like it was going to slam into another ship, when the ship came back under control and moved to the front so it could recharge shields.

Hunter turned back to the enemy, and threw his hands out to his side. One of the nearby stars he was focused on shimmered, as if a giant just grabbed it, and Hunter smiled through gritted teeth and sweat. He kicked himself backward and brought the star right in front of the gate, destroying the ships already through and posing a threat for any others. He somehow knew it was only a matter of time before they destroyed the star, and they would pour through like ants out of an ant hill. He flew as quick as he could back to the Lionid flagship.

He was welcomed back on the ship with cheers and laughter, until he came to Bloodtalon.

"That was reckless, but I can't ignore what you have done for us. You provided some time for your people to prepare, maybe a couple of weeks. You did well today, Hunter, and you saved my people.

Hunter retracted his helmet, "Thank you Balthazar."

The Lionids around him changed the expressions on their face, and Balthazar looked at Hunter as if he just saw a ghost, "Are you okay? Your snout!"

Hunter took a few seconds to realize, as he was feeling dizzy. He could feel the wetness pouring down his jaw, and when he wiped his nose, there was a huge glob of blood. He looked at Balthazar, "I'm fi-"

Hunter hit the floor, unconscious.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:37 pm

//deleted//

Last edited by Falling Stars on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 pm

//delete//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:34 pm

//shit just got real//

Gout

"Damage?" Gout asked as he returned to the Bridge.

"One destroyed four damaged, they didn't break our shields."

"Survivors?"

"None sir. The all died of their wounds or killed themselves. We've sent teams to sco-" He stopped mid sentence as one of the enemy ships self-destructed. "Shit!" He said switching to a different channel.

"Finish trying to get that data Corporal" Gout said looking at the wreckage of the enemy ships. Not as cool after the explosions stopped, it always made him feel like a child again when the shells hit their shields. Always made him remember how into fireworks and how scared he used to be of them.

"Sir, we're being hailed."

"Bring them up."

"Admiral, we have a massive warp signature on the edge of the galaxy. We thought it might have been a star overloading. We pinged the area, but there was nothing there." Commissar Juna said before Gout could even greet her.

"What do you want us to do, Commissar?" Gout responded.

"Scout tell me what you find." Juna told Gout.

"Yes Commissar," Gout said, "Let's move! Get those ships back here and tell Hertz'y defense to continue were we left off!" About thirty minutes later they turned and fired up their FTL-S drives and jumped.

"Warning Impact Imminent, Extreme gravitational pull, Stopping FTL jump." ARA said. The fleet stopped about 500 km from a massive ring.

"REVERSE THRUSTERS! COUNTERACT THAT PULL!"

"We lost all long range signals. The stars seem to be messing with our comms."

"Where are we Corporal?" Gout requested.

"It seems we're right on the edge of the star belt Sir!"

"At least ARA's good for something." Gout muttered gratefully with a tinge of sarcasm. "How close are we to the warp signature?"

"Just about a 47 million kilometers."

"Move forward slowly, I don't want to be killed by a star." Gout said.

A little later (about 10 hours)

"Sir, I'm picking up heat and radar signatures about 15,000 kilometers to our 4 O-Clock."

"How many?"

"A small fleet sir."

"Bring them to our twelve, arm weapons and advance. I would like to try and hail them."

Last edited by Falling Stars on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:34 pm

//if this is ok with you dot ^^^^^//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:58 pm

//It would be, if it was in the middle of black space. If you want to meet me, you'll have to do 2 things.

1, make the meeting place outside of the center of the Galaxy, as the gravity from the several stars in the middle of the galaxy would rip you apart if you tried to enter in at FTL speeds

2, Help me and the Lionids get to Requiem//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:10 pm

//what do you mean by the first bullet? Is the gate in the center of the galaxy?//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:33 pm

//Yes. You can fly in and around, but only our enemy possess the technology to keep from being ripped apart from the stars within the center when they go FTL.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:36 pm

//what's your guess for a minimum ftl distance?//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

http://80.5 million kilometers, or about 50 million miles.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Torogian Collective Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:50 pm

//Did anyone reply to my post or what?//
The Torogian Collective
The Torogian Collective

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:08 pm

//Sorry Toro. You'll have to develop your story a little bit and make it come to us, as we have something going on. I'm posting here in a few Stars.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Hunter

Hunter came to about 4 days later to many medical doctors looking over him. Balthazar came in and saw him.

"How you feeling? You able to fight?"

Hunter nodded, sighing and grabbing his head in pain, "Yes, are there any more of them? I dunno if I have another-"

"I'm challenging you to Mak'thorana."

Hunter looked at him, puzzled. "Your language is still-"

"I'm challenging you to a fight, Hunter," Balthazar said, with a serious and angry look.

Hunter turned his head, puzzled, "I just saved your fleet, and you want to kill me in return? I could have ran away and left you to die-"

"It's not that-"

"I don't give a damn," Hunter said, rising from the bed. "Without me you would be a grease spot in the middle of space and your people would have been slaughtered and faded into history. What the FUCK is your problem?!

"It is customary in my people's belief that when two leaders meet, they fight to establish dominance. If I wanted you dead, you would be dead, and since you aren't challenging my claim as King of my people, you will survive. Keep in mind I am not challenging your claim to your throne," Balthazar tried to explain.

Hunter wouldn't take any of it, "I still consider it a challenge to my authority over my people, as anyone who challenges a Ryse, no matter what species, will die. Our cultures aren't that different, only my people kill when they challenge. If you go through with this, you WILL die, if I have to rip your fleet apart myself.

"On a  different note," Hunter continued, sounding less threatening, "I will make it clear to your people that I am no challenger, as you have shown me kindness and I acted like I did out of protection of those I considered friends, not subjects. I am no conqueror, and to challenge me is calling me one, Balthazar."

"To challenge you, Hunter, is not an insult, it is a great honor. Take it as you wish." As Balthazar said this he looked at the Guards, and gave a guttural growl. The red furred, armor clad beasts nodded, as their leader left the room, going to the place of challenge.

Hunter walked away, deep in thought of how he would handle the situation without killing the lion who was essentially committing suicide. He walked to the bridge to see ships from a familiar ally before the fleet.

"This is Admiral Gout, of the Falling Stars Navy. State your business and intentions."

"I know them! Can I speak to them?" Hunter asked the communications officer on the bridge. They handed him a microphone and let him speak. "This is Hunter Mathias of Dotaria. This is an allied fleet, don't fire!"

"Hunter? I thought you were dead!" Gout said, sounding excited.

"No friend, but can you get a message to my wife, in Requiem? Tell her and Bors I'm alive!"

Last edited by Dotaria on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:10 pm

//There wasn't anything to really respond to (at least that I found). If there was i would have responded.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxolani Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:42 am

Bors & Rayne

Bors sat back and massaged the bridge of his nose, sitting beside the Queen Regent Rayne I Mathias as they both sat in front of the senate, listening to the politicians drone on and on about, to them now, small nothings.

"Did you think he meant it?" Rayne asked, looking over to Bors thoughtfully, making him look up in surprise.

"Huh? Who meant what?" Bors asked as he blinked, almost having nodded off amid the endless rambling.

"Riorn. He changed his mind so quickly. One day he was saying that Hunter was dead and that we needed to accept that, then he was talking about a simple absence like he forgot a meeting or he was working stratagems through dinner with you. What do you honestly think?" Rayne asked, the two of them ignoring the rest of the council as they debated.

Bors let out a sigh, "I think that he is somewhere in the universe. Aside from that, I... I don't know what to think. I want to think he is still alive somewhere trying to get back here. I want to believe it with all of me, but I'm starting to doubt it," he said slinking back into his chair as he finished as though suddenly much weaker and exhausted.

Rayne nodded and smirked, "I'm glad I'm not the only one. It sure doesn't seem like its been 20 years," she said with a sigh.

Suddenly there was a loud ruckus outside in the lobby filled with angry yelling, followed by the loud booming voice of the Roxan leader.

Riorn

"Alright. Do we all agree? You eight will leave your clans under my direct command. They are part of my clan and part of my blood family until you return. In thanks for this, you are going to not move from the Rysis or Bors' side until Hunter is back or until you die. I will provide replacements with you on every 6th day so you may return to see your families. Does anyone have anything to say to this?" Riorn asked as he looked up at his 8 most trusted vassals, all 8 of them armed to the teeth and ready for war.

"RUNAK ROX!" the eight yelled at once, slamming a fist on their chest and raising it high above their heads.

Riorn nodded and pulled out his knife. "Driera!" He yelled, his mate stepping in after a few moments, "Would you please perform our blood rite. Make it official to the spirits." he said as he handed her the knife.

"Yes, Riorn," she said, pulling out a mammoth-tusk drinking horn. "Hold out your arms. You know what order to drip in the blood." She said, grabbing Riorn's arm and yanking it above the horn, slicing the knife through the under part of his arm and squirting out a fair amount of blood, letting his arm go as slowly lets himself fall back into the chair behind him, the other chieftains being handed the knife and slicing their palms, dripping in 8 drops, one for each other member of the agreement.

"Riorn. You must drink first." Driera said, holding the horn up to his lips for him to drink. He took a deep gulp and let out a sigh, watching as the other 8 men did the same, Driera downing the few drops left to affirm the spirits approval. "It is done. Rest for a few hours. I know that I won't get you to rest for a week." She said disapprovingly as she handed him a small vial. "Drink." She ordered, as he gave her an irritated look as he downed the drink and swallowed it.

"How long will I sleep?" he asked as he started to doze off. "A few hours. Just long enough to repair the blood loss." She said as he slumped into unconsciousness. She started chanting, getting on her knees infront of him and chanting for three and a half hours before he finally woke up.

"You know I hate that." Riorn said as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, yawning, "Get the chieftains together. We need to get to the Citadel. Rayne and Bors need guards," he said as he slowly rolled over and pushed himself up, "I assume you're coming with me?"

"Of course. Who else would watch you ass?" Driera said with a grin, giving him a peck on the lips and walking away, "We'll be waiting on the ship when you're ready." She said as she walked out of the tent and onto the waiting ship.

"Gah. You'd think that the Chieftain could get a little bit more respect from his own mate..." Riorn said to himself as he grabbed his halberd, putting his hand on the dagger in his boot, the great-sword on his back, and the two axes at his waist, grabbing three skins of whiskey and stepping out and walking towards the ship. "Get us to the Citadel." He yelled, not caring who was driving as long as they got there, his answer being the gate of the ship closing, followed by the feeling of ascent and then forward motion as they flew back to the Citadel. A day having gone by since he left. "I really thought that this would take longer." He said as he massaged his temples, suppressing another yawn.

"Well now you can worry less about your friends' safety and more about your visions. Or your people. Or your mate," Driera said comfortingly, letting in a playful tone as she finished, leaning her head onto his shoulder and the two leaned back against the wall of the shuttle.

"Alright. We're here," the pilot yelled back at everyone once they had reached the citadel, Riorn looking over and grinning as he saw Driera sleeping fitfully against his shoulder, now sure of why his arm was asleep. He carefully lifted her head up and laid her head back down on her own arm as he went around waking up what Chieftains had fallen asleep.

"We're going to march into the Council Chambers and sit in quietly, I'll inform everyone of what will be going on and then you will move to your assignments," Riorn whispered as loud as he dared, all of the chieftains nodding, a few looking back to the sleeping woman and grinning, looking back at Riorn and then nodding. "I am trusting you. You know that I defend you as though you were my spawn. Remember that when you are offered the world to let something happen." Riorn said, giving each of his men a brotherly hug, finishing and sitting down beside Driera just fast enough that when they did land, the bump waking up Driera, he was there smiling. "Good Morning."

Riorn, Bors, & Rayne

"Rayne! Bors! Now!" Riorn yelled as he stormed into the council chambers, the Dotarian guards chasing him in, "Hunter has been found!" He yelled, the entire room falling silent.

"What?" Rayne asked, standing slowly and looking down at Riorn. "What did you say?" she asked again not believing her ears, Bors not moving.

"Hunter. He is alive and well. I am going to find him. One of the Confederacy's allies found an unidentified ship with a new peoples onboard. Hunter as well, was onboard." Riorn said, looking around and growling at the politicians, "Alright, get out. If you are not the right hand of the King, the bearer of this news, or his wife, get of out of the room for a moment." Riorn said, the politicians filing out obediently in shock as Riorn launch himself up the stairs, his 8 vassals and Driera standing in the doorway to seal it off.

"Where? Where is he?" Rayne asked, as she let go of Riorn, Bors standing there and looking up at Riorn.

"He is near the center of this galaxy," Riorn said, looking down at Rayne, as though in pain.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Rayne asked Riorn as she pulled out her tablet and started to press buttons, trying to get a ship.

"I don't think you, either of you, should go see him yet," Riorn said, "You two need to lead this confederacy until he comes back, which I will go to usher him closer to doing," Riorn said as he put a hand on top of Rayne to stop her button pressing.

"No. I'm going to see my brother!" Bors yelled, trying to push past Riorn, met only by Riorn's arm.

"No. I should be the one to see him. He is my husband." Rayne said, trying to pull her tablet and hand out from under Riorns.

"Listen to me. Just listen to me and let me explain my reasons," Riorn said, putting a hand on each of their heads and trying to will the idea into their head, the only response being two very strong mental walls blocking him out.

"Rayne! You have to run this! Would you really run away and let all of his work fail just as soon as we find him to know he's hear to return?" Riorn yelled after her as Rayne walked towards the door, all of the Rox stepping aside to let her as she does.

"Bors. Who else is better equipped to protect Rayne from the assassins of politics except you and Hunter? You have to stay to help her. My guards can help but you're better than all of them put together," Riorn said, walking behind him as he tried to walk out. Sighing as Bors stopped just short of the door.

"You're right, Riorn," Bors said suddenly sighing, rubbing his eyes as he turned around, "You're right. You're the only one without the duties to anyone important enough that you can go. I know it and so does Rayne," Bors said, let out a half relieved, half depressed sigh.

"Neither of us will leave, but you better have him back here quick," Rayne said, surprising Bors and Riorn as she stood there on the other side of the door, whipping away a single tear as she leaned against the wall. "Go Riorn. Get him and bring him back here," Rayne said, impatiently, her irritation almost visibly radiating as Riorn took a step forward, hugging both Rayne and Bors.

"Protect them," Riorn said, looking at his vassals as he held Bors and Rayne off the ground. "You two, protect and lead this confederacy. I will return with the Ryse," Riorn said, setting them down and walking off, Driera walking behind him quickly, "And what am I? Dead mammoth?" She asked as Riorn stepped upto the gate to one of the ships that would take him to Hunter. Riorn turned around and picked up Driera, giving her a long deep kiss. "No, you're my mate. And I want you to take care of our people while I'm gone. Watch the southern tribes. They don't forgive, neither do they forget," Riorn said, putting down Driera and stepping back into the shuttle. "Take me to the fleet," Riorn said as the ship slowly ascended and then shot off towards the fleet in orbit, Riorn calling the ship and ordering a destroyer to be prepared for him, leaning back in the chair, smiling and chuckling as suddenly everything seemed to start fitting together.
Roxolani
Roxolani

Back to top Go down

Post by Zutana ri Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:00 am

Hunter walked the hallways of the Flagship, behind the 2 Red Guards assigned to him in the medical bay. They walked shoulder to shoulder and conversed among-st themselves. They walked for what seemed like ages, until they came to double doors, with a pair of white tusks the size of a man acting as the hinges. The Guards turned to Hunter and nodded their heads for him to enter, then they took their positions outside the doors.

Hunter pushed the doors open, and was greeted with a red sand floor, and a ring of stands reaching hundreds of feet into the air, completely filled with Lionids. Around the arena were ten pillars that Hunter counted, and at the top o these pillars stood more of the Lionids, but these had blue fur and strange markings on their chests. In the middle of the arena stood Balthazar, complete bare from head to toe,except for a cloth that covered his groin.

" The challenge was issued to you, Hunter, to prove your strength to my people. To show them you are worthy of their respect, and to be called an ally and friend to us. This is a challenge not to the death, but to submission.These blue furred men that stand atop the pillars are shaman. They are here to make sure that when the council has determined a winner or a stalemate that the fight no longer continues." Balthazar bellowed across the field.

Hunter looked across the field at the King and yelled, "Death will find me before I submit to you Balthazar!"

"So be it....remove your armor and fight me the way Nature intended us to fight, bare and naked. Choose your weapon, for I have issued the challenge. This is your right by honor."

Hunter began removing his armor, removing his weapons and adorned a loin cloth just as his opponent. He the picked up his sword and looked to Balthazar.

"Are you ready Hunter?" As he said this Balthazar extended his claws and began to crouch, ready for the impending struggle.

"If you are not choosing a weapon, the nor shall I." With that Hunter dropped his sword, and began crouching down, assessing his opponent.

Balthazar's breathing slowed, every muscle in his body tense, like a coiled spring ready to jump. He looked at Hunter with narrow eyes, waiting for his opponent to make a move, even a flinch. All the while, Balthazar was making mental notes, size, weight, speed , heart rate. Anything that would give him an inclination as to what path Hunter would take.

Hunter began pacing back and forth, assessing his situation and target. After a few moments, he became tired of this and launched into a run with blazing speed at the King.

Balthazar saw this and the instant he did, he launched himself at Hunter with speed that exceeded Hunters own. On all fours, Balthazar run at his enemy, roaring, he jumps at Hunter, and they begin throwing punch after punch both parring each hit with one of their own. Neither seemed to be able to hit the other. They traded blows like this for what seemed like an hour, until Hunter spun backwards, dealing a back fisted blow to Balthazar's solarplex. This happened at the same time as Balthazar's claws ripped into Hunter's chest. As Balthazar flew backwards, Hunter spun and flew away from each other to opposite ends of the arena.

They both stood at the same time and flexed, as they shook of their wounds. They began running at each other, when Hunter stopped quick, and used his powers to stop Balthazar in his tracks, as he lifted the King from the ground and began to choke him.

The Shaman nearest Hunter saw this and immediately made a motion like stomping on the ground. When he stopped, a pillar of rock formed on the ground of the arena, and rushed as Hunter, knocking him to the side.

Hunter was shocked and angry at the same time. Someone had interfered with the duel, and now he saw red. He began to gather his strength to attack the new opponent, but as he began to make a gesture in the direction of the Shaman, Balthazar yelled at Hunter, "They are doing their job, your fight is with me!"

With that Hunter began charging a strike at the King. Balthazar saw this and began making movements that astounded the other Shaman. All the Physical elements, fie, water, earth, air, and electricity, began convulsing into the center of the movements creating a giant ball. As Hunter released his attack of pure life, Balthazar unleashed his attack, as they flew at each other with blinding speed.

Zutana ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next