Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of A New Era (MT)

+6
The Valen Empire
Grothbord
SSV Normandy SR-2
Dotaria
Topsail Empire
Atlantica
10 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Rise of A New Era (MT) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Rise of A New Era (MT)

Post by Falling Stars Thu May 08, 2014 11:21 pm

The Summit
"Greetings Klaus, I do not believe we have met." Ivan said to the man. "As for your proposal Akulov, I am glad to have a base or two built and maintained by our alliance. Although with the terrorists being covered by you and Tore, I shall focus a majority of my forces on retaking eastern Russia from these anarchist dogs. Although I will recall them if a situation in which they are needed in the west arises." Ivan said to Akulov.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Oslo was looking at a battlemap of all of his forces around the world when an alert came up on the radar: Russian Tanks were on his Scandinavian Theater's border with Finland.

Ge gritted his teeth, but could almost feel Klaus's hand lay on his shoulder and him saying only one word: Patience.

He took a deep breath, and contacted his friend to get him an uplink to the summit. Right before he answered though, he hung up. He would have to trust his friend to help him if he was attacked, and the only way to do that was to not act provoked. He sighed, and lashed out at the table with a punch.

He made Contact with NORCOM, "General Schteiff, you seeing the radar?"

"Aye milord, I'm moving armor and infantry to the border now."

"Negative," Oslo replied, "You remember the bunkers along our border with Russia, the ones that we used to use during the Cold War?"

"Faintly sir, what of them?"

"Garrison the hell out of those, and put our stealth tanks in with them to fill the rest of the line. Have our heavy Abrams tanks in reserve for counter attack and await me to send word that you should pull your forces back. I don't want the fucking Russians to see us retaliate. Make them think we're weak, so if they do attack they underestimate us and we can push all the way into St. Petersburg without resistance," Oslo commanded.

"Aye sir," General Schteiff replied, and closed the communication.

A Private was at the door, "Milord, I was sent by General Schaff to let you know we've reached the Lesser Antilles."

Oslo raised his head to the private. "Thank you Private, continue your duties."

"Yes sir."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 pm

"Hello Ivan, your actions near the border of Finland is unacceptable. Have you even talked to Oslo? Have you even tried negotiating with him?"

Ivan stayed quiet,
"I thought so. Imperator, talk to Oslo again, im sure he will be happy to negotiate and be diplomatic with you. And Imperator do not think just because La Revolucion's leader is dead does not mean they will go into hiding for 3 years. And Tore, our meeting when should I come?"
Grothbord
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Fri May 09, 2014 6:37 am

1020 June 20th, 2017
The Summit, Vladivostok

"Fair enough, Klaus," Imperator Akulov said. "I shall talk of this with Oslo later on. As for the base, Tore, I would consider Gibraltar as a better option - after all, that would give you greater security if you need anything, since it gives greater access to your lower territories all around Africa."

"Okay, Imperator," Tore Valen nodded.

"As for our bases upon Russia, Ivan," Imperator Akulov resumed, turning to Ivan this time. "I am going to provide further cover to stop the Hockesin anarchists around Eastern Russia, and to provide some cover in the western border, so that you can focus on the east."

"Works for me," Ivan nodded.

"Okay, guys," Imperator Akulov said, looking around. "I shall now make word with King Oslo - the King of the Great Northern Federation, and one of the strongest people in the world, only rivaled by the Federal Eastern Union's Imperator."
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 am

//Wow, major overreaction to 6-7 tanks and like 10-15 soldiers. The size of a force from smallest to largest. Squad, platoon, regiment, company, battalion, army//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 am

//You said Regiment, and a regiment consists of around 3,000 men, dependent upon it's purpose. Plus, no leader in their right mind would only put a regiment on a border unless they were Special Forces, or of the like. They would put up several divisions to actually make a viable defense or attack, and that is what I thought you put on my border.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Fri May 09, 2014 10:04 am

//3000 men is more of a company.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri May 09, 2014 10:12 am

//A Regiment or Brigade is 3,000 to 5,000 men, whereas a Company is 85 to 225 men.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

//false, a regiment is about 1000 men. More than I originally thought, but with tanks it would be reduced to about 64 tanks.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri May 09, 2014 11:41 am

//Not according to how the RL NATO defines Regiments. Battalions are 1000 men. Look it up for yourself.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Fri May 09, 2014 12:51 pm

//Double checked myself, I was looking at the wrong column Razz. Let we upgrade that size a bit//

Last edited by Falling Stars on Fri May 09, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Fri May 09, 2014 12:53 pm

//fixed//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri May 09, 2014 1:17 pm

//My forces will still stand.//

The coast of Venezuela loomed before Oslo and his Topsailian Allies. They knew what was coming, as the recent wars between them and Topsail made their hatred toward them so great that they and Columbia were the ones harboring and providing the major funding for La Revolucion. Oslo was tired of them and was going to resort to one thing:

The Old Ways

"Men! Before you stand the Venezuelans! They are bolstered by our enemy, La Revolucion, and they are prepared to fight like no other! I fight with you today, and I lead you! I shall lead you to victory!"

His men yelled, and the Topsailians could tell that the Vikings were getting worked into a berzerking frenzy.

"Today this ends! Today we destroy them at their source! Today we KILL THEM ALL! None shall stand in the way of the Vikings! They will know what our Wrath from the family, friends, and loved ones we've lost, when our enemy hits us in our own territory and tears it apart! We shall go to them and destroy them!"

His men roared again, shooting their weapons in the air.

"So go to the boats, to he helicopters! Fly to the enemy and show them the Wrath of the Viking Sword!"

They ran to the helicopters and assault vehicles and moved to the shore. The enemy launched mortars at them, and protected the beach with their lives, so Oslo ordered the helicopters to hit the beach heads hard. Oslo was the first to touch down and the first on the battlefield, and the fighting was intense.

The Venezuelans and the La Revolucion knew the defense of their position, and they removed air support from the equation temporarily with SAM placements dotting the landscape. They were trained recently too, probably being trained by old soldiers from the Topsail Empire after their temporary conquest of the area and need of soldiers. What was more, they fought fiercely for their homeland.

They weren't expecting the GNF to be the first in the fight though, or close the distance as quickly. They were temporarily retreating from the beaches before they regrouped and hit the beach again, almost overwhelming the GNF with superior numbers until reinforcements arrived. Fighting didn't budge from the concrete beach bunkers though.

The Battle of Caracas began.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Fri May 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Caracas, Venezuela

Just as the GNF forces landed, air support from the Topsail Empire territory of Trinidad recked havoc on the Venezuelan ground forces. F-36 Thunder 6th-Generation fighters hampered the ground forces, while F-22 Raptors dominated the Venezuelans in the air.
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Fri May 09, 2014 11:37 pm

June 23rd, 2019
Gulf of Venezuela

2 brand new Topsailian Jaguar Class Fast Attack Craft guarded the flanks of the invasion fleet in the mouth of the Gulf of Venezuela. Each ship is bristling with weaponry, one 57 m ling Jaguar class FAC is armed with 8 harpoon missiles, 1 57 mm gun, 2 30 mm guns, and four machine guns. The ships were on high alert, there was the ever-present threat of an attack from the Venezuelan Navy. Even though the navy was small, only 12 major combat ships and 8 light patrol ships, it was still enough ships to cause damage to the main invasion fleet.

At 0900 hours in the morning on of the ships, the TESF Ocelot, detected ten ships heading toward them. Several Minutes later they were identified as 4 frigates, 4 corvettes, and 2 patrol ships, outnumbering the Topsailian ships 5 to 1. But the Topsailian ships struck first. When the Venezuelan ships were within 40 km of the FAC's, the TESF Ocelot and the TESF Wolverine each launched 4 missiles, one aimed at each of the major vessels. The missles struck home, and immediately 2/3 of Venezuela's blue water navy was crippled. Air support was then called in to destroy the remaining two patrol boats. Venezuela now had only 2 Frigates, 2 Submarines, and 6 patrol boats.
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Valen Empire Fri May 09, 2014 11:57 pm

//I noticed Greece is now empty...Can I grab that?//
The Valen Empire
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 pm

The Valen Empire wrote://I noticed Greece is now empty...Can I grab that?//
//if you invade it.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Valen Empire Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 pm

//We'll talk later//
The Valen Empire
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 am

//Wait, Valen, you're planning to conquer Greece?//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Valen Empire Sat May 10, 2014 9:52 am

//Why not? Expand my influence over the Mediterranean and increase the percentage of developed land I have//
The Valen Empire
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Sat May 10, 2014 11:19 am

1300 June 23rd, 2017
Caracas, Venezuela

While the Battle of Caracas took place, the Embassy of the Federal Eastern Union at Caracas - one of the largest in South America, after the Union Embassy at Hijjma was withdrawn - seemed to be virtually undamaged from the attack: both the east and west wing stood in place, while much of the Union personnel had withdrawn from the buildings and headed to the basement.

However, some of the personnel - about thirty security guards, some mechanical personnel, a few diplomats and Ambassador Tokugawa Hitachi - was still out on the Embassy, securing everything as the Topsailian fighters began to strike Caracas. Even at that moment, Ambassador Tokugawa Hitachi - the Union Ambassador to Venezuela - was on the front line of securing the embassy from an attack.

"Cut down the conventional water pipelines, and activate the secure ones," Ambassador Hitachi said to his personnel. "I would be going out to check the electrical systems with another engineer."

And Ambassador Hitachi exited the embassy and headed toward the electrical systems, until he noticed a Topsailian F-36 Thunder passing by, at speeds of Mach 0.8. It was in the middle of a dogfight with a Venezuelan Su-30 - though the F-36 was on the lead, the Su-30 attempted its best to take down the fighters.

However, while he saw the dogfight, he heard another sound - the sound of something falling down. Indeed, when he looked up, he saw a long object coming down from the northeast - a guided bomb, heading straight for the embassy. He had no time to check how large it was - however, he was sure that it would cause quite some destruction for the embassy when it struck the building.

"Yikes!" Ambassador Hitachi yelled, and headed straight for the electrical systems - he had to warn the last engineer, before the bomb fell down. He ran with all his power - but unfortunately, he was unable to outrun a guided bomb falling towards the Embassy building.

A millisecond later, Ambassador Hitachi heard a massive explosion from behind. When he turned, he noticed that about half of the embassy building - the West Wing - had crumbled down to ashes. Leaving back the building and leaving back the sadness, he kept running toward the electrical systems, hoping that he could save the engineer. However, his effort was crippled by another array of bombs striking the rest of the embassy, leaving the grounds in nothingness.

Ambassador Hitachi was also hit from the bomb and the shrapnel - after all, he was less than twenty meters away from the second bomb. He was holding his emergency phone, dialed toward only two people: Imperator Vladimir Akulov and President Antonio Hernandez of Venezuela.

"Sirs," Ambassador Hitachi said, with the last of his power. "The Union Embassy at Venezuela... i-it's at-tacked, sir. Imperator... you know what to do. President Hernandez... r-remember the U-Union as the closest ally to Venezuela."

And with the last words, Ambassador Hitachi died - the first known Union Official to die from the Battle of Caracas.
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica Sat May 10, 2014 11:22 am

//My newest IC post is something like the Bombing of the Chinese Embassy at Belgrade (1999)... but with a new mix.//
Atlantica
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sat May 10, 2014 12:20 pm

//We're rooting out La Revolucion supporters... Not killing Union personnel...//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sat May 10, 2014 3:54 pm

//you controlled my forces Atlantica.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sat May 10, 2014 5:12 pm

//you did//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum