Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Character RP - Page 4 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:54 pm

//image doesnt work//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm

// http://mmfs0.tripod.com/Notes/June2007/09._Garys_Roman_Warship_1.jpg

Here is the link.... but the castle at the aft of the ship is non-existent on the ship in the RP.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 pm

//Could you like screenshot and upload to imgur or something? Still not working.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 pm

//It is like a protected link. All it shows is "Hosted at tripod.com//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 pm

//THERE WE GO//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 pm

//Cool.... NOW MAKE A POST!!! lol//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:36 pm

//workout first//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:19 pm

//Aight.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:06 am

//POST DELETED//

Last edited by Grothbord on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grothbord
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 am

//Dude, you need WAY more description than that.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 am

//I know. I'll make another post later .//
Grothbord
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 am

//No, just edit the one you have right now.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:28 am

When they arrived at Beleriand, Arthur went to talk to the shipwright about fixing up the ship. Marcus took the men for a training session.

Just outside the city, Marcus set the men to sparring. His group consisted of Greenlanders, Rockborn, and a few Vaesii. //Men from Vaes Morro// Sparring was pitiful for the session.

"YOU CALL THAT A HIT! YOU, RAISE YOUR SHIELD HIGHER! JOGO, THAT IS A SWORD, NOT A CLUB!"

After an hour or so, a Beleriandian patrol passed by, and the captain halted the procession, calling out to Marcus.

"Oy, What are all these men doing here? Because they definitely arent sparring."

The rest of the patrol guffawed at the captains joke. Marcus narrowed his eyes, "No sir, only preparing these men for war."

The captain raised his eyebrows. "Really? What for? Beleriand trains all its own soldiers."

"Of course, but I am training them for my mercenary company."

Now it was the captains turn to narrow his eyes, "Oh really? For what side, may I ask???"

Without skipping a beat, Marcus replied, "King Amek, The rightful ruler of Eremor."

The captain nodded and turned his house back towards the road. "Very well, good to meet you. Be warned though, We will be watching you."

The patrol continued down the road, and Marcus turned back to his men, who had stopped fighting to watch the confrontation.

"BACK TO WORK BOYS!"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:39 am

Since the ship was all black, Arthur decided to call it Ved Dovah, The Black Dragon. To go with the ship, Arthur ordered black riggings, black sails, the eyes of the ship painted red, and the name of the ship written in Frost Runes and Common Speak, with white paint as white as sea foam. He also had the decking replaced, but he had regular oak for that, virgin of any paint or dye. The oars were oak too, but they were stained black to match the ship, and the cargo hold was emptied of water, along with the bilge, and a new bilge pump, one that required 2 men to work, was installed.

He found Marcus training the men. "Oi!"

Marcus looked over, "Hey! How was it with the portmaster?"

"Not that bad, how are they?"

"They fight like unskilled barbarians," Marcus said, sighing.

"I'm a barbarian..." Arthur said, with a smile.

Marcus chuckled, "But you're skilled lad! These men... We're gonna lose some of them."

Arthur nodded, looking at them. "I've decided to call our ship Ved Dovah, The Black Dragon."

"Ved Dovah the name of the dragon," Marcus asked, "or is it Frost Speak?"

"Frost Speak. She's a better ship than I thought. I was surprised at how she handled out in the water. The rudder stuck some though, I ordered some grease for it," Arthur said. "So, have we come up with a chain of command?"
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:52 am

"Well, in total we are only 45 men. It shouldnt be too hard to command them in the thick of the battle. Still, we will split them between us."

Arthur nodded in consent. Marcus spoke again.

"Listen, a patrol passed by asking about us, we need to get out of here by tomorrow. Will the black dragon be ready?"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:01 am

"She should. We'd have to outfit her riggings and sails out in the sea, but they're doing the decking right now. That should be done by nightfall. The rest of the supplies are being loaded on, including oars. If we have to make a night getaway, I can do that," Arthur said, looking at the ship, "You'd be hard pressed to see her, you'd only see the shields on the side and the men, that's it. Even then though, that takes good eyes."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 am

//what should a typical army field? Tens of thousands? Thousands?//

"I dont want to leave just yet. Beleriand is known for its trade. I need to buy a few things. After that, we should sail to Sea Town. We should also consider salvaging those left over Frostmen ships."

Marcus walked off, to go sleep in his tent. In order to avoid paying for 45 rooms in a tavern, the men were sleeping in the field.

Marcus lie down on his cot, and quickly fell asleep. His dreams consisted of gold and honor. He dreamed peacefully, and woke up the next morning to a beautiful sunrise and dew on the grass. how long will it remain this way some of the soldiers had already woken, and were preparing breakfast.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 am

Riut Lothbrock smiled to himself as he watched his dagger slowly pierce the chest of Gregory Teskin. Checking to make sure the man that killed his family was dead, he said a quick prayer and put him in the Si-Dy honor position on his bed. Hearing the guards approaching he slips out through the window in which he arrived. Sliding along in the shadows he makes it to the gatehouse, pulls his bow from his back, loads an arrow, and tasting the air for the wind direction, fires. The arrow sails silently to his target, hitting the ale barrel with a soft thud. Waiting for a few seconds he notices, to his joy, that the ale is streaming steadily to the lit fire a little ways from the barrel. Ruit slips over the wall with ease and from a nearby hill watches the firestorm begin. As the fire lights up the compound he watches his blade shine in the light, chuckling to himself as he watches the futile efforts of the workers to try and stop it. He rises to his feet and turns to walk away. Feeling a set of eyes watching him, he turns and looks.

Ruit awakens in a cold sweat, noticing that he is no longer in his finest moment but on that damned ship they stuck him on when King Herold exiled him for killing his brother. Luckily, being the cousin to the King of Kinthid //Large desert region a little like the Ottoman Empire or the Persian Empire// he escaped the hanging that awaited him. When he walked on deck he was shocked that, for once in his life he wasn't prepared for what came. He instantly noticed they where pulling into dock in a place he had never seen. He looked around and noticed the sign that reads "Welcome to Mycra, the finest city in Eremor". Eremor. That name jumped around in his head. "You're 'ever gonna find a better city than this." The abruptness of the husky ship captain's comment snapped Riut back to reality.

"I've never heard of it. Is this near Kinthid?" Riut asked, with a heavy accent //Indian accent//

"Oh," the Captain chortled to himself, "This isn't Kinthid anymore son."

"Don't call me son." Riut said hostilely under his breath.

"'Ey this place is somewhere you can make a home. Here," the Captain says as he tosses Riut a small leather bag of crowns, "go get some food and a place to sleep."

The night fell and Riut laughed to himself remembering the only memories he has of his family, slowly slipping out of consciousness among these foreign people.
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 am

//No more than 7,500 I think. We're pretty strong with that number I think, good with you?//

Arthur moved to Marcus, "Up lad, here's some food to break your fast."

Marcus leaned up, "Thanks brother."

Arthur nodded, then gathered a handful of men who had already eaten to check on the ship. It was in great condition, and the sails and rigging were in the Armory of the ship, along with a months worth of food. In all, he spent 80 dragons for everything on the ship, so he was still doing good on the treasury. He nodded, then moved to the deck.

"Good sir?" a crewman behind him said.

"Aye, she's great. Be a good lad and get the rest of the men. We need to be off, and we still have work that needs to be done on the ship," Arthur ordered.

"Aye sir," the boy said, then ran off. He was probably 12 years old, and his name was Eris.

When everyone was onboard, Arthur asked Marcus, "Shall we be off?"

"Nah, I'll be back," Marcus said, and walked off the deck. When he came back with his merchandise, he nodded at Arthur to go.

Arthur nodded, then turned to Eris, "Cast us off lad. Ready oars!"

The men readied their oars and the boy cast them off.

"Aft row!" Arthur ordered, and the ship obeyed. He pulled away from the dock, and brought the ship to port. "Fore row!"

The ship slowed it's rear direction, and soon started to move forward. After a few minutes of rowing, they were traveling at 10 knots and moving east. After they were in open water, Arthur called Marcus over.

"Aye?" Marcus said, walking up the stairs to the Helm deck.

"Have the first 5 rows of the rowers reef oars and come to me, if you would please. Helmsman!" Arthur said.

A man of 25 years came to him and answered, "Aye sir?"

"Take the helm, and keep us on a straight tack, if you would Garret?" Arthur said, locked the helm, and moved away.

Marcus brought the men Arthur asked for to him, "Here they are."

"Thank you Marcus. Help Garret keep an eye on rocks for me. I don't trust this little bite here, rocks are every-damn-where," Arthur said, and received a nod from Marcus. "We have to rig our sails so our brothers can break when we have wind Let's get it done."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:10 pm

//You totally just left without me. I WENT SHOPPING DAMNINT//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 pm

//Lol, I tried putting that in. I didn't see it at first, and I just saw it this morning, so i changed it up a little right before we left. I said you came back with merchandise, because I wrote too damn much after that.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Marcus walked among the stalls and stores of Beleriand. He passed a merchant selling spice from Vaes Morro, and his nostrils burned with the scent. Hundreds of trinkets were being sold from a variety of stalls. He arrived at an armourer, and looked at what was stocked. He soon selected a set of steel armor that fitted him well. Keeping his leather armor, he started to head back to the Black Dragon to leave, when he noticed a beautiful bow carved by an Elverandian. He asked the merchant for a price, and the merchant sold it to him for a measly 5 crowns.
Walking back to the ship, Marcus hopped aboard, and pushed off.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:04 pm

After the sails and rigging were put up, The Black Dragon started to look like a real warship. Arthur took the helm back up, and they were going back to the Frostman ships to scavenge for extra parts. It was good to take a helm again, as he remembered taking the helm on his father's ship. He fought in battle on a ship too, a few of them actually, and he knew the ways of naval warfare from the Frostmen.

The ships were tough, very tough, but their one weakness was not being able to carry a full contingent of men. Frostmen ships carried supplies with them for a long voyage to their target, rather than the Greenlander's use of supply ships. They would load one ship down with men, then another solely with supplies and the men necessary to row. Arthur thought it was stupid, but the Greenlanders didn't make their living on the sea like the Frostmen.

Marcus walked up to Arthur wearing his new plate, "What do you think?"

"Dangerous," Arthur said.

"Thanks?"

"Not a complement," Arthur said, "Heavy armor on the water is bad, because if you get thrown overboard you're fucked. It's why knights hate the water, because they won't survive with iron plate. Most men die drowning, not getting cut to pieces. I'd wear leather if I were you, hard leather."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 pm

The ship sailed as planned, and although the sky crane method for Acorn had Caleann worried, it turned out fine. The ship then once more departed for West Bite, the sails catching fresh wind and the prow cutting through the waves. The crew had decided to make fun of her seasickness, which turned out to be a ghastly bad idea for them, because it got to the point where she literally vomited into his helmet. The crew decided to stay away from her after that, which suited Caleann just fine.

She spent most of her time in the cargo hold, comforting Acorn and feeding him apples to keep him happy. The distance between Mycra and West Bite isn't actually very far, so the ship made good time and settled into port within the week.

She led Acorn out of the cargo hold, thanked the captain, and then disappeared from sight through an alley. She emerged into a village square, smelling the perfumes in the air, and the smoke from numerous grills. She stopped briefly to buy one of West Bite's famous sausages, which she devoured quickly. But back to business. She doubted the men from Mycra would really follow her here, but she couldn't take any chances. She was also on a mission.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next