Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Character RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Marcus grinned, "we could try RockPort. They arent loyal to any kings are notorious warriers, and quite independent. Or we could go to the deserts of Vaes Morro to recruit horseman that could pillage villages quickly."

Marcus pondered it for a minute. "RockPort without a doubt. They are eager fighters."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:23 pm

"So, to Rock Port First, then to Mycra?" Arthur asked.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm

//Mycra is King Amek, so i assume you meant Sapphire Lake//

"Yes, Rockport, then Mycra to get a ship, and then Sapphire Lake."

The next day, Marcus walked on deck, his muscles aching. He stretched, reaching for the sky. Groggily, he peered around to look at the ocean. Then he realized he was no longer at open sea. They were docked in Beleriand. Beleriand was the prettier twin city to Mycra. Lots of money came into Beleriand, and less fell into corrupt and criminal pockets. The Castle of the Moon, the seat of House Sillan, was aways down the road from the city. Currently, a wall was being built around the city, at a rapid pace, and soldiers watched newcomers warily.

Marcus and Arthur quickly found a ship to RockPort and left, leaving Beleriand amidst its war preparations.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:53 pm

"How many wars have you been in?" Arthur asked Marcus on the way to the boat for Rock Port? He was wondering who would be in command of the company they would start. He himself was trained in the ways of leading men, and he led a group of 70 men during his father's war. It was hard losing a man, and he didn't know if he could take it again. He would still take command though, but if he did he would need Marcus's help.

//I think the ships would be on the southern part of the island that Mycra is on.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:00 pm

"Me? Hm. Lets see. I was in Elverands uprising for independence, and have served as a captain for a roving guard in Ashwood. At most, i have led 200 hundred men."

Marcus was an established swordsman and captain. He could command others easily.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:06 pm

"I've led 70 men before, many people considering how few my clan was, but we focused on guerrilla tactics. We killed way more than we were, but holding a band of Frostmen together is hard, especially if they're not disciplined. I'm no general in the open field of battle, but I can take a band of 40 warriors and destroy a force 3 times bigger than me. I, however, only fought in one war. Do you wish to lead, since you have more experience?" Arthur said.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:17 pm

"Aye, sure. What shall we be naming this band of brothers? And who shall we recruit? And where?"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Arthur didn't know whether to be relieved, or disappointed, but he said, "I'm not good with names, but we need to recruit people who can pull an oar and tie a knot, yet still fight. I do have one request though, I command on the boat. I've done my fair share of fighting on the seas, and sea fighting is... Delicate, to say the least."

"How you mean by delicate?"

"One wrong move and the next thing you know, you'll be waking up in the middle of the ocean with the sea god reaching for your soul. The seas can be good to a man, or become his worse nightmare. Even the gods give the sea a wide berth," Arthur said, sounding like an old crone, but serious in his tone.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:52 pm

//May I advise we come up with the name after we find the ship?//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm

"Lord Rowe! Lord Rowe!"

Ethan turned around to see a familiar face, his one-time page, Harold, a scrawny kid of 12 years, riding a horse through the crowded, dust-strewn streets. Immediately, surprise and concern crossed his face.

"Who let you travel by yourself all the way from Sapphire Lake? It must be at least 200 leagues!" The news must really be important. I wonder if it has anything to do with King Amek assembling an army outside the city walls. But why would we be involved? A Rowe has not raised the banners in generations.

"Ethan!" Harold yelled over the roar of the street. "Its your father! He's dead!" Upon hearing those words, cold read crept up Ethan's neck. The news of his father's passing did not mean much to Ethan, his father had been a cold and distant person most of his life. But this meant that his brother Davin would inherit Sapphire Lake. His brother was charismatic, and a good leader, but Ethan had seen his true side when they were growing up. Davin was cruel and petty, loving to turn people against each other for their own survival. The day he had feared for many years had come.
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:02 pm

//Plot twist! :O//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:13 pm

"Aye, Rockport is the place to go then. Natural sailors, fierce warriors, and best off all, sworn to none. Rockport is ruled by a Lord, but he is Rockborn. See, Rockport is a barren peninsula, cut off from the continent by mountains, it was nearly unassaible by land. Rockport has always been a raiding sort of group. They swoop in, take the valuables, and leave, with a destroyed village burning behind them."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Arthur smiled, "Perfect kind of people for a Frostman boat. They should do nicely."

They boarded the ship to take them to Rock Port, and they made it there within a few hours.

//I'll leave describing the city to you Ibsenia.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:41 pm

Rockport was built on cliffs and overhangs. The harbor was through a narrow pass called Rock's Watch, and houses loomed above. Once Marcus and Arthur reached the harbor, There was a tavern and some houses nearby, but the majority of the city was above, on top of the cliff. As they climbed up, they noticed goods being lifted by pulleys. They also noticed citizens living in homes carved out of the stone. Marcus shivered.

"Thats just terrifying. I need the open air, not some stone cage."

They continued up, and reached the city. The city surrounded the pass from above, and some houses had even been built on the cliff face. Rockhall, the Castle of Rockport, was on the edge of the cliff as well. Several large chains held Rockhall from falling into the sea, and it was said that there were dungeons with little more than some iron netting as a floor.

Marcus and Arthur entered a tavern, a wooded one, Marcus insisted, and discussed their plan.

Marcus spoke first, "Alright, so i have a little experience with this. We will be employing a tactic called 'barhopping.' Basically, we will walk into a bar, ask around for anyone interested in employment, and then evaluate anyone who volunteers. We need to distinguish the warriors from the scum though. However, since this is our first hit, you talk to the innkeep to find out where else we may look, since you seem to be so good at that." Marcus winked and grinned. "I will round up any volunteers."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Caleann eyed the harbor carefully, noting the unusual activity, her lips forming a tight frown. The had arrived too late, as the sun was now well above the horizen, shining brilliantly into the port city. Steam rose from the ground, drying both the mud and the planks, and the what remained of the thin morning mist was soon gone. Tomorrow was Market Day, the day when all of the farmers from the surrounding lands came to sell their crops, and foreign merchants came to import rare and valuable goods. Her eyes settled on the Barleycorn, which was now rocking gently from side to side in the light morning breeze. Sailors were unloading goods to be sold the next morning, while others were in the ropes, preparing for the voyage to come. She had gotten lucky in finding the Barleycorn, as most ships would stay in Mycra until the end of Market Day, only leaving to obtain more goods. Her view was obstructed momentarily as one of the larger merchant ships made its way to the entrance of the harbor. Men in the towers worked vigorously on ropes and pulleys to swing the boom blocking the harbor mouth inwards, still floating, one piece to each side of the harbor. Now the merchant galley eased itself out, into open sea. The ocean wind hit its sails, bursting them open, and quickly accelerating the ship away from the Port of Mycra. Resettling her eyes on the Barleycorn, Caleann noticed that the ship appeared nearly full, and she knew that she would have to hurry to catch her ship. If she missed it, she would have to wait for market day to end before leaving, which would mean she would have to wait even longer to get out of this accursed city!

Coming to a decision, she rode back around the point, galloping into a small cove, which she knew from previous dealings to be rather deep. She left Acorn on a small hillock beside a dune just inland of the beach. Then she pulled an additional puch of crowns from Acorn's saddlebags, which she quickly slid into a pocket in her leather garb. Then she rounded the point once more, headed to the heart of town.

---

I'll head across the harbor first, and try not to attract to much attention. But I can't be too inconspicuous, because then they'll be sure to take notice. She pushed her way past sailors carrying crates and kiosks selling smoked meats. She headed straight for the Barleycorn, where she had found the captain talking to a dock official. The two were almost to a brawl, raising their voices at each other, and occasionally one would lash out a hand in the direction of the ship, accidentally swacking a passing worker. This can't be good. She waited until the fight was resolved, which ended with the captain slipping a crown into the official's hand. He then turned away, and got back to business overseeing operations. She walked up from behind him, waiting for him to notice her. Which he did, more promptly than she expected him to.

"There's a problem, Jake. I've got to ask you for a favor."
"Who are you? Oh, hello Katherine. That favor's going to cost you."
"Hear me out. I got into a tuffle yesterday with one of those bureaucrats here, and they're trying to get me on assaulting an officer - and a senior one at that! I couldn't just ride through town, board your ship, and get stuck here! That's why I came in disguise."
"So where's your horse?"
"I'll tell you once we're out of port. Agree to my plan and I'll give you ten crowns."

Jake seemed to weigh his options. "I've already built your horse-carrying-contraption on my ship, and now you want me to go to extra lengths just for you?! That'll set me back at least two days!"
"But not taking the money will set you back a hundred and twenty dragons."
"Fine, you're right, I need the money. And I understand why you hate these damn bureaucrats. One was just trying to screw me over right now!"
"Thanks Jake, you're the best!"

Caleann walked up the plank and boarded the ship. It was larger than it looked, she noted, even though it was a tub by anyone's standards. She went down into the cargo hull, looking at all the empty barrels down there. She thought of getting in one, but then realized that that would be the first place the harbormaster would check should the ship be searched for her. She was counting on the fact that she was only seen for a few minutes in The Fat Coward, and that the few people she'd met would have trouble recalling her face. Instead, she moved back up, and went into Jake's personal quarters. These had windows, so she could observe the town without being seen, and rest briefly in one of his heavy oaken chairs by a small desk. She sat back now, knowing that if things went smoothly, her plan would work.

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 pm

"Hello, lad, how's the ale?" Arthur asked the innkeeper, who was filling a tankard for a man at the bar.

"I brew it meself, though it can be a bit strong for some. Got it from an old Frostman recipe," the man replies, "Yer a Frostman aren't ye? Try a tankard!"

Arthur took a deep drought of the tankard, and swallowed with a smile, "Honeyed huh? Very good."

The innkeep chuckled, "Glad ye liked it, though I can see that you didn't come up here for some ale, what can I do for ye?"

"I need information, lad. I'm starting a company of sellswords, and I need good warriors and seamen to fight with me," Arthur told him.

"Ahh, you'll never find such a good lot o' people fer that in such abundance than here at Rock Port. There are many in here, though for co-captains an officers ye'll need, ya gotta go further inta town to find them, at The Crusty Barnacle. I'll draw ye a map," the man said, and pulled out a piece of parchment to sketch a map.

After the man was done, Arthur thanked him with a crown, and another for the good ale. He came back to Marcus, who enlisted 3 men already. "Any luck?" Marcus asked.

"Aye, a map of 5 inns we can recruit from. Amazing how far you'll get telling a brewer his ale is great whenever it tastes like horse piss will get you," Arthur chuckled, handing the parchment to Marcus.

Marcus eyed it over, "He can write?"

"No, I added the little notes there. I think we're gonna need a Quartermaster, 2 Leftenants, an extra helmsman, a shipwright, and a drummer. They can be found at The Crusty Barnacle," Arthur told Marcus.

"You do know your way around a boat," Marcus chuckled, "Can you pick them yourself?"

"Aye, I'm able," Arthur said.

"Go ahead then, I'll meet you at Harrids Foot in an hour."

Arthur followed the map, and found the place in 5 minutes. Once inside, he could tell these men were grizzled veterans of many raids. He asked the barkeep to make an announcement about him starting a crew, and many of the men came up. It was up to Arthur to separate the chaff out of the crowd, but after a half hour, he enlisted the officers he was looking for, and told them to wait for him at the port 2 hours after dawn, to which they all agreed. He then went to Harrids Foot and waited on Marcus.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:43 am

Caleann had known Jake for quite some time; one of his sons had died in Elverand's struggle for independence. She knew him to be trustworthy, although he was rarely honorable.

Within a few minutes, she felt the ebbing of the tide pulling on the Barleycorn. Upstairs, planks dropped, feet stomped, and ropes creaked. From the window, she saw Captain Jake flip a dragon, then walk aboard, pulling the boarding plank up with him after he did so. The ropes were unwound, and the ship was free to go. It rocked gently from side to side, meandering through the harbor, and maneuvering around docking ships. As soon as the ship passed by the boom and out into open water, the wind billowed into the sails and a strong gust took hold. She had been on ships before; anyone who had traveled through Mycra had. But while she was not wary of ships, she was tremendously seasick on them, turning her green for days at a time.

Captain Jake had given her a sailor's quarters, which wasn't much more than a smelly bunk, but she spent most of her time there or at the back of the ship. As midday passed, the captain came down to speak with her.
"That contraption of yours, it's in the cargo hold. Did you see it when you came in?"
"Yes. Will there be enough light?"
"Hopefully. I was worried about size.."
"Do you still have that old loading crane?"
"Yeah... useful thing... good to keep it around."
"Alright, here's the plan. Keep on a straight course for West Bite. As we pass northwards, we'll pass a small cove. Take note of it's location; I'll point it out to you. We'll continue until we are out of sight from Mycra, and nearing midafternoon. Then, turn the ship around, heading for that cove. By the time we arrive, it should be about dusk, at which point we'll bring a dinghy ashore, and you'll prepare the crane. I'll find a way to strap my horse, Acorn, onto the crane, at which point we'll lift him aboard."
"By the way, I also got the hay that you requested."
"Thanks."

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:09 am

//Hey Fiji, will our characters ever meet during this? Just wondering...//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 am

Dotaria wrote://Hey Fiji, will our characters ever meet during this? Just wondering...//
//yup!//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:04 am

As Arthur walked around looking for sailors, Marcus headed to some grungier taverns to find some real soldiers. In every tavern of bad apples there are always a gew good one ,he thought. Black Cauldron, Stone Stew, and Crabs claw. He visited all these taverns, and in each one came out with a new recruit and a lighter purse. Mato Lyle, Hran Morwil, Mylo Ornt. Marcus found that travellers were more willing to join than regular Rockborn, which was the opposite of what he had thought. Nonetheless, after all had been done, he was walking back to Harrid's foot when a lumbering man, over 8 feet tall, approached him.

"You need man? I am man." The man spoke slowly and thickly

Marcus replied, "Sorry mate, i cant spend any more on men."

"Jogo doesnt need money, he just needs a way out. Rock men dont like Jogo."

Marcus, giving in said, "Alright Jogo, welcome to the group. Meet at the port later."

Jogo lumbered off, clearly satisfied

Marcus arrived at Harrids foot, with a depressingly lighter pouch of money.

"Damn these Rockborn. They drive a hard bargain. I hope they can fight as well as they can barter."

Arthur snickered, "So, how many men have you found?"

Marcus, casually, "Ah- about 23 worthwhile recruits. Its not much, but its enough. We need to get a ship. Hopefully a cheap one. I am down to 354 crowns. It will be tough finding a ship for that much."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 pm

"We should find a moored Frostman ship. The war happened 3 years ago, so the ships should still be in good condition. I'll work with the shipwright to fix anything that needs fixing," Arthur said.

"Really? How do you know so much of this?" Marcus asked, sitting down.

"My father was requested to fight in the war, but his clan didn't have many ships. My father didn't want to go anyway, as he was focused on a war at his home, and not worried about fighting a war abroad. It ended up being only 3 clans going to Mycra to do the raid, and it failed miserably. We're good fighters, but when too many damn people are coming against us things get a bit hopeless," Arthur said.

"So how do you know where they are?" MArcus asked.

"Survivors," Arthur said. "Some clans were negotiating getting the ships back, but if a group of Frostmen were to come and try taking ships, they'd think we're going to war again."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:23 pm

Marcus stood up, nodded to Arthur and started heading up to his room. "In the morning we leave for Mycra then."

Marcus ascended the stairs to his dark room. Turning to the desl, he lit a candle and sat down on the bed. He removed his worn boots, and took off his greaves. If they could get a ship for less than 250 crowns, he may be able to buy some new armor. Marcus thought on their plan, and then a new idea struck him.

"Why are we both going to Mycra? We need to get to Sapphire Lake as quick as possible, so that we beat other mercernaries to the spoils."
Marcus though on his idea as he went to sit on the bed. When he sat down, it didnt give at all. What sort of bed is this? He pulled back the sheets...

"fuck me and these fucking Rockborn. Who sleeps on a stone bed!?"

After a string of curses, Marcus resigned himself to muscle ache in the morning, lay down in the bed and shut his eyes to sleep.

The next morning, Marcus walked downstairs to find Arthur sitting at a table, winking at the ladies working the bar. Marcus sat down in front of him, blocking his view.

"OI! Whatcha doing mate?"

"Calm down Ser Prance-a-lot, you seem to be a bit grumpy, did you have a stone bed as well?" Marcus grudgingly asked.

"No? What are you talking about? I had a feather bed, did you not?"

"What!" Marcus screamed, " No i didnt have a feather bed! I slept on a slab!"

"Huh, Innkeep must have been confused." Arthur slouched into his chair," Anyways, we have business to take care of."

"About that," Marcus interrupted," I have a new plan."

Marcus filled Arthur in on the plan, and his idea of splitting up. Arthur didnt seem too happy about splitting up though.

//up to you to accept or not. I would head Sapphire Lake, you would go to Mycra with the men.//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

//We're not going to buy a ship, we're going to scavenge one. Makes everything cheeper.//

"I can see what you're getting at, but it's not a good idea to split off from the rest of the group. You're the leader of this band on land, and I only become leader at sea once I get my ship. Men will follow me, but these Rockmen are raiders. You have to prove yourself so they will still follow you, and that means you staying with them," Arthur said, then continued, "I also have to stay because the helmsman is a newbie, and doesn't know how to navigate the rocky southern shores of the Mycra Isle. He told me so after I told him of my plan, so I have to be there to sail her outta there."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:01 pm

"Alright mate, If that is what you think. We may miss the best of the spoils though."

Marcus and Arthur walked down to the port at the agreed time, to find over a hundred men waiting for them.

Marcus turned to Arthur, "I suspected this would happen. Word spread of our venture, and more men got interested. Now we just need to separate the wheat from the chaff."

Marcus stepped up on a crate, "Hello boys! I see a few more of you decided you may want to join our band of brothers. Well, let me clarify. This is not a band of brigands. We will be disciplined. We will train to become swordsman and professionals. We will be honorable. Don't think this is an easy way to get balls deep in a poor peasant girl. And most of all, we will be the most exceptionable group of men to ever assemble. If you can't agree to all of this, you aren't cut out for our my group of men."

Mutters of unhappiness went out among the crowd, as men discussed their options. In total, 60 or so walked off, leaving the remaining men stoically staring at Marcus.

"So, you deem yourself worthwhile of my time? Very well, step forward one by one so we can get names, and then step onto the boat, where you will meet your soon-to-be captain Arthur Snow."

One by one the men stepped forward, totaling 42. They all stepped into the boat, and Marcus stepped in last of all. As they were about to set off, a thunderous voice could be heard from stairs to the port.

"WAIT! WAIT FOR ME!"

Jogo appeared in view, shirtless and clearly having just woken up. Marcus grinned and turned to Arthur.

"There is our giant."

Jogo ran up to the dock, and Marcus let him on.

Nodding to him, marcus said, "Good to see you Jogo"

And the ship set off once more, this time to Mycra.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Arthur was waiting on the procession. When they assembled, they stood in front of him and Marcus stood beside Arthur. The men muttered amongst themselves as they assembled, and Arthur raised his hands to quiet them once they were all onboard of the transport ship.

"Listen up gents. Marcus told you the rules. I have a few rules of my own, once we get to my ship. Rule one, we follow the same rules as Marcus has laid down both on land and at sea. Second, on the boat I am in charge, with Marcus being First Mate. Anyone have a problem with that can get the hell off of this ship. Third, don't be too proud to pull an oar. An officer tells you to, only Marcus and I can override their order. Officers!"

The officers stepped up and faced the men. "These men will also be your officers on land and sea. You follow orders, you live. You don't, you get us all killed. You disobey an order on my ship, I'll slit your damn throat and toss you over the side. The sea is too damned dangerous for someone to throw a damn fit. I'm an easygoing man, but if I feel you're going to get someone killed I will not hesitate to put you down." He then looked at the assembly, "Who still wants to stay?"

Nobody left, as a matter of fact they all stepped forward.

"Good, now let's go get us a ship and some gold."

They sailed for a whole day, then the next morning at dawn they took off south to trek for a ship. It took half a day to get there, but there were 5 ships moored on the shore, unmoved for 3 years since they were there. Black hulls, showing the ships being made of Vugel Dol Wood, light and resilient to weather, while also being as strong as oak. Arthur grinned.

Character RP - Page 3 09._Garys_Roman_Warship_1 //This is roughly the design of the ship.//

"Wow... You weren't lying," Marcus said, looking at the ships, "Why would they leave them, the Mycrans?"

"They hate the damn things, and we killed many of their people. They left them here to rot, to show they beat us. Gonna be ironic when we land in one of these, but we'll have to go to Belerland to outfit what we need, Mycra would try to kill us," Arthur said, then started off for the ships.

They inspected the ships, and found 200 dragons of treasure in all in the ships, in which Arthur and Marcus claimed for the company. The riggings and sails were rotted, and the oars only had a day's voyage left in them, but the hulls were still healthy. They would need new decking, and water in the bilge would have to be pumped out, but the rudder was good enough to make it to the city.

"We're gonna have to row lads, but we have a ship. No need for swimming huh?" Arthur told them after they pushed the largest of the ships out. It was able to carry 75 men comfortably and with enough provisions for a couple of months, but you could pack almost 200 men onboard in quick transport. She was sea worthy, and she was quick with the crew, going at 9 knots with an eased pace.

Arthur felt at home in front of the rudder, a long wooden plank ornate with beautiful Frostmen carvings, that came out of the rear of the ship, connected under the deck to two more wooden posts that controlled the 2 rudders. It was good to have his own ship, and the smell of the sea was so much more appealing to Arthur. He closed his eyes and thanked the gods.

"Cap'n," the lookout said, "we got rocks!"

Arthur nodded, "I can see them, good work. Reef oars!" The men pulled their oars in and the drumming stopped, everyone tense with the new captain. Even though Arthur knew if he scraped a single rock, he would lose respect, he wasn't worried. He was skilled more with a ship than with a sword, and Marcus could see his swordsmanship.

After a half hour of navigating through, they were out of the rocks and everyone cheered. They then made their way to Belerland.

Last edited by Dotaria on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next