Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character RP

+4
Hockesin
Admin
Dotaria
East Ibsenia
8 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Character RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Character RP

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 am

Once Marcus had split from Arthur, he went down an alley in between two homes. Old Tavern might come off as quaint, but a fair share of dirty deals happened in the alleys of this neutral city. Old Tavern had always stood as neutral, even in wars. If any man ever dared to attack it, they were most certainly be persecuted by both sides.

He arrived in the alleyway, kicking a mangy cat out of the way, to see a cloaked figure standing in the shadows. Perfect. Just on time. He approached the figure, who muttered to him:

"Good job on the Sea Town job. But, we may have another target for you. The Rowes of Sapphire Lake. For too long they have over-taxed their citizens. Travel to Lyas, and from there you will find a ship waiting for you to take you to Beleriand. Here is your payment for Sea Town." The man withdrew a large sack out of the folds of his clothes. "500 Crowns, as promised."

Then, the man disappeared into the shadows, and Marcus walked out of the alleyway a rich man.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Arthur did as he was bid, and bought a room in an old inn called The Blue Rabbit. He found it an odd name for an inn, but once inside the fire was warm and the food smelled great, a welcome sight for a traveller. He went up to the innkeep and asked, "How are the rooms?"

The woman, in her early 20's, said, "I'll admit, they aren't the best in Eremor, but there are few fleas and the bedding is changed every week. You lucked out actually, we changed them this morning. We also have privy's in the best rooms, on the top floor."

Arthur smiled, "How much?"

"2 dragons a room, and 10 for our best rooms. Can't have the blue-bloods sleeping in too much filth, now can we?" the woman said, noticeably flirting with Arthur.

"I'll take a normal room miss," Arthur said, handing her 3 dragons, "The other one is for food for me and a friend."

"Yes sir. Now I warn you, an Innswatch post is right across the road. Don't cause any trouble," the woman said, referring to Arthur's greatsword, armor, and fur's, which he had just put on.

Arthur chuckled, "There will be no need for trouble here miss, we should be fine."

"Alright love," she said, then turned, smiling at him. She cut off some boar meat and scooped pease onto 2 plates, with a bit of bread and cheese on the side. As she was turned, she was bent over the food, acting like she was taking pride in her work. Arthur looked at her hips, which was her plan, and when she filled 2 tankards with ale and set them down on the bar, she caught him staring and smiled.

That was when Marcus showed up, "Buy us a room yet?"

Arthur turned to him with a slight grin, "Aye, supposed to be good."

"You actually picked a pretty high end place, cooks here are great and the rooms aren't too terrible," Marcus said, grabbing his food.

"The scenery isn't that bad either," Arthur said, winking at the innkeep.

They ate their food by the fire, which was about to die down, so Arthur and Marcus did the woman a favor and got more firewood and stoked the fire, as to which she rewarded them with more ale.

"Oh, I must talk to you," Marcus said, pounding the table and burping, "Got another job lined up. You interested?"

"Sure, what is it?" Arthur asked, taking a swig of ale and snacking on some cheese.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:04 pm

"This is one is...less noble so to speak." Marcus admitted, "The Rowes of Sapphire Lake. Currently my contract is to kill Lord Rowe. He has been robbing the peasants of their hard-earned money through exorbitant taxes. This has been going on for some time, but their heir and son has disappeared, and another noble family wishes to claim the lordship."

"If you accept to aid me in the contract, you would get half the payment. We would leave for Lyas by the end of the weekend//Pretend it is Friday// and arrive at Beleriand by the end of the week, by ship. From then, we travel to Sapphire Lake. Of course, we could also take the EastShire route, and pass through Sea Town again, but that seems risky. Are you in?"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:28 pm

"An assassination mission?" Arthur asked.

"Aye, but I'll kill him if that bothers you," Marcus said, seeing how uncomfortable Arthur was

Arthur looked down in his ale for answers, but the liquid had no voice of reason. He was low on money, that was certain, but was he willing to kill, dishonorably, just for the clinking of gold? His father warned him that once men went into this kind of business, they never came out of it.

"I dunno. Do you usually take assassination contracts?" Arthur asked, testing the man sitting across from him.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm

\\You're going to kill ALL the Rowe's? That's a pretty large number. There's Lester Rowe, the Lord; his wife Allia Rowe; the firstborn son Davin Rowe, the second son Jorge Rowe, Ethan Rowe the third son, the daughter Elisa Rowe, Ethan's uncle Edrian Rowe, his other uncle Mark Rowe, not to mention the various lower branches of the Rowe family. //

Ethan awoke to a cold breeze coming in through the moonlit window by his bed. A dull pain throbbed in his head, and despite the cold breeze, he felt like the room was hot and stuffy. He needed some water.

"I need to stop drinking so much during cards" Ethan said to himself as he had done so many times before. The hangover was starting to become a burden, and Ethan got out of his bed, which creaked in protest, and walked over to the heavy oaken door at the entrance of his room. As if to announce his presence, the hinges creaked and scratched the entire way, until Ethan thought he had awoken the entire inn. The hall was dark and silent. Nothing moved. As he began inching down the hallway, carefully avoiding bowls scattering the hallway, Ethan heard thumping coming from the room directly to his right. He rolled his eyes, assuming that it was some of the tavern's patrons finding comfort away from home. He casually walked down the steps to a pitch black common room. Ethan felt his way across the inky blackness, scooting around chairs and bumping into the occasional table. Finally arriving at his destination, the bar area, he began looking for a basin of water to wash his face in.

"Come on, where are you." Ethan said as he blindly felt around for a basin. Suddenly he heard a slight creaking on the stairs, and he ducked, not wanting to be caught down here alone, looking like he was stealing food. There were footsteps now, almost silent, but still there. Ethan poked the top of his head over the edge of the bar, just enough so he could see, but not leaving the shadows that his him. And he saw the same woman that was peering over his should during the card game warily making her way across the dark common room, looking at every shadow as if it contained an enemy, and not a hungover noble. She quickly made her way out of the entrance, disappearing into the night.

"What a peculiar woman..." Ethan muttered to himself. He found the water basin after a few more moments of searching and then went back to his room.
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Marcus looks down resignedly, "No. No I dont. This will only be my second one. The first being the Magister of course. But my former employer offered it, and we could really use the money. How about this? After we kill this man, which we will do, as honorably as we can, we will quit these types of contracts for good. Sound good?"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Arthur nodded, "I take you at your word, Marcus. Do not lie to me, friend. Burns hurt." He then offered his tattooed hand to shake, and they shook hands.

"It's agreed. So, you gonna bed the innkeeper?" Marcus said, changing the subject.

Arthur leaned over to see her, and she was eyeing him. "You think she wants me?"

Marcus chuckled, "Look at her lad, she hungers for you."

Arthur chuckled too, then wiped his brow, "How are the women in the Greenlands? The ones in the Frostlands bite and scratch, bloodying a man by the time he's done if he does her right." He took a drought of his ale, then added with a chuckle, "We bed like animals."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

//did you edit that? I swore you did.//

Marcus chuckled, "Mate, you cant get a better girl than a greenlander. Have fun with her, if you do. I am going to crash here. Oh and by the way, since you helped out with that deal earlier, here is a little thanks." Marcus hands Arthur a bag of gold, inside 100 crowns.

Marcus ambled up to his room, and pulled out Aelia. He begam sharpening her, admiring the sheen of it as he stroked. He sat down on a chair, and relaxed. As he reflected on his day, he smiled. He was exploring again, and with a great friend at his side.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm

//I did a little, why?//

Arthur thought about bedding the woman. He had women before, some against their will, but that was after battles when the rights of the winner included such things. This woman was willing, and not bad looking. He took another sip of ale, thought some more, then drained his tankard.

"Fuck it," he said, grinning, and walked up to her.

Marcus turned, smiling. The woman looked over at Marcus, then smiled at Arthur. She then grabbed him by the furs and led him upstairs, with Marcus chuckling. Soon, the sounds of ecstasy were heard throughout the inn, and Marcus chuckled.

The next day, Arthur entered the main hall of the inn fully armored, while Marcus entered with only his greaves. "Have fun last night?"

Arthur looked at Marcus like he didn't know what the man was talking about, then got what he was saying. He looked down, smiling, and stuffed his face with the porridge being served. The woman looked worn out, and walked with more of a sway than she did the night before.

"What did you do, ruin her?" Marcus asked, laughing

Arthur looked at him, smiling, "Shut your trap!"

//We won't go into detail on what happened upstairs, that's graphic lol.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:56 pm

//okay... we know what Dot is thinking about...//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 am

Topsail Empire wrote://okay... we know what Dot is thinking about...//
//actually, I have no idea, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know//

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 am

//Lol, sex is very prevalent with the Frostmen. I'm also missing my girlfriend, it's my little way of coping lol.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 am

Dotaria wrote://Lol, sex is very prevalent with the Frostmen.//
//I knew that much. I thought Topsail was referring to the graphic details//

Admin
Admin

https://strategos-prime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 am

//Lol, most likely.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Later that day, Marcus and Arthur were riding to Lyas, when they a rider rode up from behind them.

"Ho! Rider, what news do you bring??"

The Rider shouted back, "Lord Rowe is dead, and Davin Rowe has proclaimed himeself King of the Midlands! He has subjugated House Ocren, and has plans for war with the other kings!"

The rider continued on, presumably to deliver the message to King Janos.

Marcus turned to Arthur, "Well, looks like we are out of a job. But we are sellswords after all. A war is brewing, and we may be able to get some gold out of it. The question is....who do we swear ourselves to? And who is House Ocren? Neither Seatown nor EastShire have had a lord in centuries."

As they continued riding towards Lyas, Marcus told Arthur of all the Kings in the realm. King Janos, King Amek, and King Vala.

"King Janos is brave, but short-tempered and youthful. He will respond very fiercely to war, but I hardly believe this is his war."

Marcus nodded his head towards the city appearing over the horizon. "He rules over Lyas, and is part of a family full of warriors. Then there is King Vala. He is a cold and calculating man. He has to be, because of the constant raids from mountain tribes from the Slab mountains. He will wait for the war to be determined before he take a side. Then, there is King Amek. King Amek comes from House Taren, which is a house who once ruled over all of Eremor. He is a proud man, and will field the largest armies. Plus, this is mainly his fight. Rowe will most likely attack him. King Rowe, well i couldn't tell you much about him. Maybe some whelp with dreams, or perhaps a great leader. Whoever we choose, we need to go there as quickly as possible."

Marcus and Arthur arrived in Lyas. Surrounded by a shining wall with sparkling towers, it was a very impressive city. Lyas was a rich gold mine, and House Lyon was rich as a result. In the center of the city sat another ring of walls, half the height of the outer walls. Inside these walls was the Lion Den, and the Cathedral. The Lion Den was a stone fortress decorated with golden decor. On the south side of Lyas was the slums and port. The closer to the Lion Den, the more wealthy the surrounding area. On the north side of Lyas was the industrial center, and farmlands.
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Ethan did not like this, but it had to be done. It made him feel like a lord.

"Tell me exactly what Lars did after he told you he was going 'for a little fun'," Ethan demanded of the household guard he was interrogating.

"Sir... I don't know... I thought he just went to play cards," the man responded.

"While you bear the blue and white of House Rowe, you will answer me truthfully, or I will have you hanged! Lars is sitting dead in a room with a dagger hole through his neck, and I don't believe he put it there on purpose!"

"Eth- I mean Sir! I... I may have seen Lars stumble up the stairs drunkenly later in the night, unsheathing his that large dagger of his, but I had nothing to do with it! Lars never told me anything!"

"I believe you, but I will not have my guards believe this is commonplace behavior. Jorvis-" Jorvis, who was waiting by the door, stepped forward.

"Yes, my lord?"

"-take the men for conditioning. Leave none. I will be fine by myself." Jorvis nodded, grabbed the now-silent guard by the collar, and dragged him out the door, which slammed behind him. Ethan could hear Jorvis barking orders out in the courtyard, where the men were arrayed after Ethan ordered the lock down of the inn.

"Boys, have you ever visited every tavern in Mycra in one day? Well here's your chance!"

After he could no longer hear the footsteps of his soldiers trying to keep up with Jorvis' rapid pace, Ethan sat down and held his head. He was not cut out for this type of work. Whatever gods made him nobility were cruel ones indeed.
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Arthur was relieved the man died. Assassinations were dishonorable, but it seemed that the gods themselves were trying to protect his honor, and he thanked them a hundred times before reaching the port city. The city impressed him, and he noticed the cuts in the stone were made by Frostmen tools, most likely imported from the Fo Himdah. They travelled to the port and got a boat to Beleriand via Marcus's "friend", and within the hour were on their way, kicking up salt spray in their wake.

"So let me get this straight, the war is going to be between House Ocren and House Rowe? In my home, clans do not interfere with another clan's affairs. Why would these Greenland kings take part?" Arthur asked, testing the sharpness of his sword and knives.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Marcus called over a sailor, "Friend, tell me, what goes on in Sapphire Lake?"

The sailor ambled over, "Well, King Davin has declared war against King Amek."

Marcus, perplexed, replied "Huh? I thought King Davin was attacking House Ocren, wherever that is."

"Aye, he did, but that war is over. Davin won. Sea Town, and House Ocren, now bow to Sapphire Lake."

Marcus stood up,"What!? I thought the merchants council ruled Sea Town!"

The merchant laughed, "What, have you fallen off your wagon! There was never a merchants council in control of Sea town. After the magister died, a small noble family took over. House Ocren."

"Well. Theres your answer Arthur. Seems like King Davin may not be some coward after all."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 pm

"Well, who shall we sell our swords to? We're good raiders just the two of us, where is the best place to recruit people for a small raiding party?" Arthur asked, "We could attack caravans that the Greenland kings will use to feed their armies. A king would be more willing to hire us if we were to follow this route."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:44 pm

"Nonetheless. There will be oppurtunities in Beleriand. So where do we go? To Davin or the Amek?"
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 pm

"I think we should fight for this new king, Davin. For our line of work, Davin would probably pay us and need us more, since Amek's armies are so huge. Feeding a large army requires large amounts of food, and large amounts of food are juicy targets," Arthur said, sharpening a knife.
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:24 pm

"Sounds like a plan. But we should start gathering a group of sellswords." Marcus kicked his boots up on a barrel. "But NOT in Beleriand, we may get out throat slit doing that."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:38 pm

"We'd also need a ship, too. We could get a Frostman ship, there are plenty of them around Mycra left over from the war we had with them a few years ago. They're fast if you've got a good crew, and they're damn hard to sink," Arthur said, "Hell, we could recruit there for a company."
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 pm

"Are you a madman?!? Recruiting from the enemy city!? Thats worse than Beleriand."
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:51 pm

"We can still get a ship from there, though," Arthur said. "If the winds are right, I can sail all around Elbaror by myself. Where do you plan on recruiting from?"
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next