The Cradle of Civilization (MT)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Cradle of Civilization (MT)

Post by The Valen Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Lisbon, Lisboa, Iberia, Valen
January 7th, 2019

Tore nodded to his informants. Tore had been in close contact with the Turkish government and had been working on diplomacy with them. While others had focused so solely on the Levant or their own borders, the Turkish people had harked back to their days before the Anarchists as the secular wall between Europe and the Middle East. Once again the Turkish sought the same future as a fully secular nation and ally of the west, while holding true to its Muslim heritage without extremism. Valen offered a good example of this. With the mix of Berber and Iberian cultures, Valen had become quite a shining pillar of how to hold true to an Islamic heritage without being consumed by radicalism and violating human rights. Turkey wanted this and was possibly on its way to being a Valen Protectorate.

Tore led the Turkish diplomats to their housings while he collected himself after hearing of the death tolls along the Turkish borders. He poured himself his second glass of wine for the day and walked to the meeting room where he was to meet the Topsail President. Tore took a slight sip as he entered. "It's good you made it here in one place. Is the entire West suddenly interested in my survival after threatening it for so long? Let's make one thing clear before you open your mouth: I don't trust the West //Topsail//. I don't trust the North. But I trust you, Abrams, and I trust Oslo. Bring a gun to my Empire again and I will have you shot on sight." he said clearly before taking another sip and allowing him to speak.
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:01 pm

"I never hated you Tore, but if I had told Oslo that he would have shot me already, like my predecessor," Abrams said, laughing. Tore looked slightly comical in his grandiose uniform, but Abrams knew he needed to play his cards right with Tore, as he had heard that he was slightly unstable, "But Your Majesty, I am here to help you for two reasons. Number one, I see promise in you and your country, Tore. If we can get you past this unstable period I have a feeling that you could become a major superpower and help to stabilize the middle east, which is my main focus right now. The second reason is that the GNF is already here, and I am obliged to help them out. Oh, and I almost forgot, I brought you a little gift," Abrams said as he handed a bottle of the finest Topsailian Whiskey to Tore.
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:17 pm

"Ivan! I knew the Russians would to come to our aid. I always knew!" Arthur continued, much more serious, "Here is the deal. Our front is delayed in Beirut. I need two things of you, A bombing run on the East End of Beirut, and soldiers to deploy to the southern front of my army. Can you help me? If you can, I can help eliminate the problem you are facing on your border."

While Ivan discussed with his counsel, Snow made another call. A second call to the Levant.

"To the commanding officer of the Levant Army, The Second Army of Cyprus stands ready to help you eliminate the Palestinian movement the moment you give the word. Will you let us help you?"

---------------------------------------------
Day 4 of the standstill in Beirut. Occasional spurts of gunfire had burst out, but for the most part it was quiet. The militants are content to hold us here. We need to push through. The Military complex in the south had fallen, and for the most part the pockets of resistance in West Beirut had been taken. Yet, casualties were still taken every day, from terrorists and suicide bombers. 

General Doux stood overlooking the encampment he was in. Barbed wire surround the apartment block, and snipers lined the rooftops. Down the road, men and armor held the main street. Militants had tried sneaking behind the lines, but it had failed. Cypriot soldiers patrolled up and down the front all day, and with active fighting still taking place, everyone was on red alert.

Doux reflected on the civil war. He had been Snow's compatriot. A revolutionary against the corrupt democracy. Snow was a master planner, and very manipulative. He had organized over 500 men to storm Nicosia and hold the city. Snow planned it all down to the minute. It was supposed to take one hour and 4 minutes to execute. They pulled it off in 59 minutes. Snow then stepped forward, and declared himself Emperor of the Cypriot republic. At first resistance was overwhelming, but gradually people came to the Cypriot Republic as they saw how people were treated under it. But the next few months were a time of darkness and slaughter. Something Achim hated to reflect upon...

Last edited by East Ibsenia on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by The Valen Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Tore held back a gag and merely shook his head with a slightly disgusted look on his face. He took the bottle but gave the foreigner the caviat "Sorry, but American liquer is...beyond revolting to me. Luckily Meiko seems to love it. She'll be happy for the gift. She deserves it." he said, shaking his head and focusing back on the issue. "I already knew about the second reason. Where the North goes, the West follows. You're a bit late sadly to the investment bandwagon. I've got other, less untrustworthy allies." he said. He rubbed his forehead, still trying to get out the numbers...millions of dead...
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Abrams looked at Tore in the eye, "Do you need help or not. I can move a couple carriers off you coast to help squash the rebellions from the air. I am not sure if congress will approve of me putting boots on the ground just yet but after a little coaxing I think I could get them to agree."
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Valen Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:41 pm

He shook his head and then nodded. "Yes, yes. Any assistance is welcome. I'm tired and sick of hearing casualty numbers. I'm taking Kaito and Amanae out to lunch so I can be reminded there's still good in this world. You're free to stay and do as you please. The same rules apply to you as the North. You may do more or less as you please, but I have complete control so long as they're on my land or in my seas." he said as he began to remove his tie and jacket, walking off to his chambers.
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:50 pm

After Tore left the conference room Abrams called his Chief of Staff, "Get Air Force One ready to take off in Two Hours. I have a feeling it will be a long drive with all of the suicide bombers out there."

The Drive back to the Air Force Base was a long one, halfway through the car ride a group of militant even opened fire on the motorcade with AK-47's, but the rounds did nothing but dent the armored sides of The Beast. The cars reached Air Force One only minutes before scheduled take off, and 10 minutes later the blue and white plane was rising into the air, towards the capital of Argozi, Addis Ababa //I am just making this up for the sake of the RP//.
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Undisclosed Location, URS
A man in a fancy suit enters the room. "That was Ivan. We are a go. I suggest you prep your units and bring the Tigers online. The final prototyping is about to be complete."

Sochi AFB
The runway was busy. 3 Yuri-Class Bombers were taxiing onto the runway followed by 10 Lun-Class Transport. They would be flying towards Beirut. 5 loaded with 134 soldiers each and another 5 loaded with T-110 "Tigers". They would be the expeditionary force that would help until the Carrier Force 45 from the Mediterranean Fleet arrived to provide air support.

"Patch me into the Cyprian Forces on the ground when we are 45 minutes out. I want to know how 'Danger Close', 'Danger Close' is." The Pilot said to the tower.

"Roger that. I'll transfer you to Beirut Control once your in the air." Traffic Control responded.

"Alright. We are cleared. Systems go. Flaps Down. Joystick unlocked. Time to dance." The Pilot said giving the thumbs up to the Tarmac Officer. He signaled them to go. "Punch it!" He whispered to himself as he opened the throttle and began to roll. 4 minutes later they were airborne and on their way to Beirut.
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 pm

0600 January 5th, 2019 (UTC)
Seoul, the Federal Eastern Union

Even before he rose to Princeps, Princeps Shen had seen many conflicts in the Middle East - the Gulf War of 1991, the Afghanistan War of 2001, and several insurgencies in Iraq, Afghanistan and other locations since 2003. However, seeing the entire region torn out with waves of Islamic militants and revolution, he was realizing that things were going more insane by the second.

He saw extremist organizations rising up by the second. If things went further, Shen saw that not just the Union's allies in the Middle East (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and so on), but even the Union may face chaos.

"Ministers, I believe that all of us are notified of the geopolitical storm upon the Orient - Islamic militants rising by the second, threatening peace upon the region. If this continues with our silence, all of the Middle East will be destroyed, while the Valen Empire may face the next Crusade War within themselves, assuming that things go within the worst scenario."

"What shall the Union do?" The Secretary of State asked, turning to the Ministers. "We must save civilians and provide them haven, while we should take further active action against the Islamic militants, supporting the Levant."

"The G.N.F. believes that they are strategically closer to the Middle East - but they have forgotten us," the Minister of Defense said. "In cooperation with our allies, like Valen Empire and Qatar for instance, we will be able to demonstrate quick deployment upon the region and begin combat on Levant's side.

Princeps Shen reclined on his leather chair. He was thinking of the risks - what the Union's decision might bring to geopolitics. He saw two potential endings: one being the peace of the Middle East, while the other became the region being entirely destroyed. "Send the Union Ambassador to the Levant towards Tel Aviv - negotiate with the Levant's leader for military support. We will also evacuate civilians into haven - possibly that in Uyghurstan, or Turkey. These locations are secured by the Union and our allies, meaning that it would be away from war."

"Those are millions, Princeps," the Minister of Foreign Affairs said.

"Yes, they're millions - but we must see what we could do. We must save them as much as we could, and bring them into the Federal Eastern Union's safety. And since this is most likely going to be a team job, we need allies to support us - contact the G.N.F., Topsailia, the United Russian States, the Levant and all other nations related to this issue. I will be calling Tore Valen personally."

"Prince Tore Valen," Princeps Shen said with a formal tone, as Tore received the phone. "If you aren't busy, this is Princeps Shen Pei of the Federal Eastern Union here. We all know the new geopolitical storm upon the Mediterranean and the Orient: religious extremists, Islamic militants threatening peace upon the regions. The Union may have been relatively slow in reaction to that - but we had our own problems to deal... until now. Now, we are fully able to assist you, Tore - we will once again demonstrate the power and capabilities of the Federal Eastern Union."

"Of course, my predecessor hasn't been so good in considering the Valen Empire as an ally - but let me show you that the Union is now different. In the next two days, our forces will already be within your waters to assist peace upon the Valen Empire, along with the Federation and Topsailia. We are willing to help you - just ask."

Princeps Shen stood there, waiting for Tore Valen's reply.
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Valen Empire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Tore laughed as he ate with his family, including Kaito's sister and his other sister Hatsune Miku. Tore lacked much family, being an only child in a family of only children, he'd ended up completely distant and unrelated to any blood. He felt very normal again, on a personal level, to be part of Kaito's large family moved with him to Lisbon and he was so glad that, at least so far, they'd all been almost perfect for him. His cynicism made him note the others' issues. Miku was addicted to sweets and had trouble getting herself to work out so she had a bit of pudge. She still acted like she was 16 despite being 34 and it was difficult to get her to take thing seriously. However, she was great with people and proved a great Press Secretary in dealing with the government media outlets and informing the populace in an entertaining yet unbiased way to make sure it didn't come off as droling lines of text. A simple update on increased taxes on sugar lead to a great approval rating increase as Miku spun it into a health food fad and took the younger demographics by storm.
Meiko, despite her military prowess proven before, had both a drinking problem and some very odd tastes in food. Her tastebuds were unrefined and...revolting at times. She ate the oddest things. She had ordered fish at the restraunt purely for the bone marrow inside, leaving the meat and scales to Kaito and Miku to finish. Tore had caught her enjoying insects, rodents, even cow eyeballs. Although it made Tore want to puke, at times it was almost novel and even cute. It was amazing she wasn't married.
Then there was Kaito...That beautiful black haired, blue eyed dork that Tore had met back when the Valen Conglomerate was a corporation, not the now formed Valen Principal Empire. He kissed his love often. It always made him squirm, especially in private. He always smiled and nodded along with Tore, trusting and loving him blindly. He loved Kaito in return and trusted his loyalty. His blind loyalty though could make it hard to get him to state when he thought that something was a bad idea. Tore encouraged debate among his Council, but it was difficult to get Kaito to point out the fatal flaws in economic proposals or mention the budgetary restraints on a social welfare program. But when he did, he was always right.
As Tore reflected on the nature of his new extended family, he was handed a phone from one of his servants. Tore answered it and listened to the Princep as he ate. He didn't speak until the Princep finished and then he chuckled to himself. "You're all so blind. It's almost adorable." he said slightly smugly as he leaned back in his chair. "Such a thick veined belief that this is a good versus evil fight. That these are merely radical extremists who deserve to be exterminated without being heard out. Think about it, Shen. What was Hamas? Yes they were extremist terrorists, but what were they also? They were patriots. They fought for an independent Palestine. Now the details are covered in blood by this point, but my point is, you're all rushing madly to throw troops to aid the Levant and to aid Cyprus without thinking about who wants what. Think of it this way. What do these extremists want? Should we give it to them? Do they deserve it? Those are the questions we want to ask. Not how fast we can throw troops at it. Do you want to be the next George W. Bush?"
The Valen Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Reichstag, Berlin, Grothbord
Zanzgrod set up a public conference at the Reichstag to discuss the 'Issues' going on in the middle east.
Attending the conference was,
Vice Chancellor: Boleslaw Kowalski
Minister of Defence: Korchavev Leisburg
Minister of Economics: Hans Adam II
and The Minister of Foreign Affairs: Angela Merkel.

Zanzgrod began with clearing his throat.

"Attention, we are beginning.
Now everyone knows why I have called a conference today, to discuss the chaos in the Middle East. There have been riots to join this war, and riots to stay out of the war. Today we decide if we do or we don't, this is a huge step for Grothborian Democracy. Now to understand if we do vote on putting boots on Middle Eastern ground this means, We will launch full scale attacks against the terrorist, we will bomb them, we will kill them, and we will help Valen and Israel. For the sake of this world,

And if we do not go to war, this means that we will not fund any other nation, we will not bomb them, we will not take ANY action to the conflict. So we will begin, all who wish for war say I and stand up"
10 Minutes Later
Zanzgrod stood up and said "I"
The results
57 No's
83 I's
Zanzgrod began once more

"It has been decided, we shall join the war to stop the madness in the Middle East. Angela, you will be sent to Valen to discuss war arrangements. This meeting is dismissed.

Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:21 pm

"General, The Levant wont last long. We can't wait on Tel-Aviv to reply to us about entering their airspace. If we don't act now, there won't be a Levant left."

General Schwarva rubbed his temples, contemplating on their next move. The more he stayed here, the more resources being wasted. What's more, there was a new empire trying to rise in Cyprus, north of his position. He pounded on the table, frustrated with the choices he had to make.

"Launch a strike in the Gaza Strip. Eradicate all anti-Levant forces in the area and help the Israelis to fight on that flank. Then, I want a full on attack on all parts of the eastern border. Hit those sons of bitches with as much explosives as we can muster, then Drop in troops behind the Israelis so they can push forward," Schwarva said, after a few minutes of thinking.

"You know, the Israelis may take this as an act of war, sir," one of his lieutenant officers said.

"I don't give a damn. If they try to fight us and are too blind to see what's happening, then they deserve to be eradicated. We should be fine, the Levant needs the help," Schwarva said, and left the room. Before passing through the door, he said, "Send the strikes."

---

The world around Jerusalem was alive with fire and explosions even before GNF planes dropped their payload on the surrounding forces.

Most of the enemy were on the Western side of the Holy City, when the night came alive with GNF fighter jets and explosions, rocking the entire landscape with percussion and shrapnel. Soon afterward, Helicopters from the GNF Navy dropped troops just outside of Jerusalem to turn the flank of the attacking forces to turn them to rout.

All along the Eastern border, events such as this were happening, bolstering the Israeli's faltering line. Soon, hopefully, the enemy forces will turn back to where ever they came from and the GNF would continue to follow them to their rat holes and exterminate them like roaches.
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:12 pm

ADMIN NOTE: Minimal \\OOC please.//

\\Dot, the reason I haven't replied is because the Levant is not called Israel, and we are not Jewish. I mentioned this somewhere///
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:10 am

Gaza Strip
Benson dropped to the dirt as an RPG flew by, and then curved to hit a second story window.

"ADVANCE MEN, FOR THE LEVANT!" Benson's Sergeant screamed. Levant soldiers began pouring out of foxholes and doorways, and started sprinting towards the destroyed tank blocking the street, which was serving as a makeshift barricade for insurgents. Muzzles flashed from the barricade, and soldiers fell around Benson as he rose and began sprinting towards the barricade. He began closing the distance, 50 meters, now 40. Rockets flew past once more, this time finding targets in the men behind him. Benson could hear their screams, but he pressed on wards. 30 meters; Benson raised his rifle and fired at the barricade, causing the insurgents to duck for cover. 20 meters; some of the Levant troops in front of him had reached the barricade and proceeded to climb the charred tusk, as insurgents came out to meet them. 10 meters; Benson heard a low roar. Warplanes? No airstrikes are supposed to take place in this area. Too many friendly troops. The roar grew louder. More soldiers reached the barricade, while others stopped and looked at the sky. The planes roared past. Scandinavian models... when did they get clearance to fly over the Levant? Benson never got the chance to answer his question, as he and the rest of the street was engulfed in heat and flame.

Security Cabinet, Tel-Aviv
"This is an unforgivable act, how could the GNF just indiscriminately start launching airstrikes in a densely populated city without knowing what they are shooting at? They leveled half the city and many of our soldiers with it! Gaza is rubble!" Vice Security Minister Belshaw exclaimed.

"I am sure this was not their intention. Many international forces are concerned about our situation, and they had been attempting to gain access to our nation militarily for a week now. However, we were preoccupied with our job at Lowe's -needs citation-, and were unable to respond to their offers of help. Cyprus is also offering assistance, as well as needing assistance themselves. Which is the precisely what we need to discuss now." Security Minister Smith then turned as an aide came rushing into the room.

"GNF forces have broken the pressure surrounding Jerusalem and have flanked forces on their drive to Tel-Aviv," the aide said. Minister Belshaw was visually agitated that the GNF was "violating" the Levant's sovereignty, but Smith spoke up before him.

"That is good news. Have Jerusalem Command contact the GNF forces outside the city and push the insurgents out of our territory. Meanwhile, we must stop the drive on Tel-Aviv, or all our fronts everywhere else will become meaningless. Also, tell Cyprus that we gratefully accept their assistance. Their Second Army will link up with our forces in Southern Lebanon, which will proceed north to surround Beirut. Once Lebanon is secure, we can deal with the Golan Heights and Galilee. Our forces there can hold off until then."

Twenty Miles Outside Tel-Aviv
Corporal Davis squinted at the setting sun, which was nearly disappearing over the horizon. The golden light bathed the land in a warm glow, and reminded him of the beautiful country he was fighting for. Hopefully that land won't be ash and cinders by the time this war is done.... He proceeded to continue on his patrol around the checkpoint, conversing with his fellow soldiers and inspecting the defenses. His checkpoint was one of a network of defense points leading into Tel-Aviv, that were meant to slow and damage insurgent forces on their way into Tel-Aviv. Looking the other direction, he could see plumes of smoke and flashes of light where the frontline was, as Levant soldier and insurgents fought in heated combat. He had heard stories of the front. The insurgents were brutally efficient and violent. Any Levant soldiers that were captured were immediately executed or tortured for information. Civilians who would not convert were locked in houses that were subsequently burnt to the ground. Davis shuddered as he tried to imagine how any human could do that. The last bit of the sun slipped over the horizon, and the land was shrouded in darkness. Davis paused to flip his NVG's on, and as he was adjusting to glare, he felt a force hit his chest, and tackle him to the ground. He ate dirt. Spitting the fine Levant soil out of his mouth, Davis looked up to see a silenced gun barrel pointed inches from his face. A voice, heavily accented in Scandinavian, spoke.

"We are here to help." Davis looked back, now making out a man in all-black military gear. Definitely no insurgent.

"Where I come from, we usually don't help people with the ends of our rifles." Surprised, Davis heard the man chuckle.
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 am

The beaten van charged into the heart of Cairo, trailing wailing sirens and a fleet of law enforcement vehicles. Bullets ricocheted off nearby buildings as Khepri spun the car around the corner from Suez over to El-Orouba. Car horns added themselves to the hurricane of chaos. In normal traffic, El Orouba permitted 50km/h speeds. Khepri pressed the gas pedal to the floor, rocketing the car forward to about 125km/h. He wove through traffic, feeling the scream of the brakes and the growl of the engine. Omar had retracted himself from the sunroof by now, and was wildly pointing towards the Nile. Khepri pulled the steering wheel hard to the right, forcing the car to slide. Finally, the wheels dug back into the damp road at what seemed the last possible instant. Onto the 6 October Bridge. The elevated highway would lead them out of downtown Cairo, over the Nile, and onto the West Bank. It was there where during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution the bridge had been the seen of violent protesters. The bridge was beautifully named though after the time when, in 1973, the Egyptians had forced the Levant out of its holdings in the Sinai Peninsula. The van gunned its way over the bridge. Police trailed for miles behind, many caught in traffic as the city woke up for work. Luckily, the bridge was mostly congested the other way. On the other side, he pulled off another right turn onto Gammal Abd El Nasser Road. The quick exchange gave them the advantage. No where were the sirens to be heard or seen. Omar yelled. Just as they were passing under the 26 July Corridor, the van was clipped by a tanker truck. The van spun out of control and came face to face with oncoming high-speed traffic from the 15 May Bridge. A massive freight truck rammed into the side of the car, spraying Khepri with blood. Omar! Omar screamed. His leg crushed, he was trapped. The beaten car veered off the road, narrowly missed some house boats, and plunged directly into the flooding Nile. Immediately the car began to sink, water gushing in through Omar's shattered window and the numerous bullet holes over the van. Try as he might, Khepri could not open the door. The pressure of the water on the exterior could not be beaten. He used the hand-crank to lower his window, causing more water to gush in, filling his mouth with water. He couldn't breath. He opened his eyes to the swirling water, leaning over to grab Omar. He was dead, his fingers still clutching his gun. This is it. I'm done for. The water level now above his head, Khepri once more struggled with the door. The pressure equalized, it opened easily, revealing the murky waters outside. The window was too small anyway. Khepri launched himself from the sunken van, clawing for the surface. The current gripped him, sucking him downriver faster than he could have ever imagined the river to flow. At last, his head broke the surface. Khepri gulped for air, and looked up. A bridge hung above him, then disappeared from his vision. Embaba, maybe? He did not fight the current, fighting instead to stay afloat. He could only stay on the surface for so long. Doubtless they would be searching for him, and when they did, it would mean death. I'm so cold.. Heat leached from his body despite the relative warmth of the river. It was only a matter of time. In a final desperate moment, Khepri swam for his life. He knew it would be his last. He would either drown, die from hypothermia, or be shot. A whirlpool. The river forced him clear of its main current, ignoring his meaningless strokes to fight it. He was forced into a back channel, and slammed into a log. He clutched it with all his might. The current sucked him under, filling his lungs with water. Is this what it feels like to drown? He pulled himself onto the log, coughing water. He cleared his nose, then vomited. Taking his time, he inched along the log to land, for the log itself was actually a fallen tree sticking out into the water. At long last, he pulled himself off the log and lay sputtering on silty shores of the river he had been so sure would be his tomb. He got up, drenched in water, and stumbled back in to the great metropolis that was Cairo.
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:02 am

//I will be creating more characters....//

Tarek Nakad bit in to a large Sfihah. The meat-packed pastry tasted really good. Tarek sat behind a cordoned off area down an alley from the Habib Bacha El Saad. He heard gunfire rattle down the street, and not even pausing to look up, took another bite. He sat hunched up against a crumbling wall. The house behind him had been firebombed by the Cypriot raiders. He finished his triangular lunch, and got up. Dressed in Cypriot uniform, and clutching an AK-47, he rounded the corner onto the main street. A large apartment complex lay to his left, The Living. The name scared him. It sounded like a place to die in. The entire apartment block was surrounded in barbed wire, which then ran across the street blocking his path. He was attempting to sneak around the rear of Cypriot forces to provide crucial information to his friends and allies in the insurgency fighting the front lines of the other side. He was also here to sabotage and to kill. Beirut was a dangerous city.

Tarek was acutely aware of the men on the rooftops above and the windows around him aiming their snipers right at him. He raised his hands in the middle of the street, looking upward at the shellshot apartments. "I have been sent as a messenger from our troops down the street! I urgently need to speak with General Doux! The situation with the insurgency is cataclysmic!" He looked up at the eerie snipers waiting for a response. He expected death, and if it happened, he would still have brought his family honor. Dying now would save him the pain of finding his friends dead anyway.
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:15 am

0100 January 5th, 2019 (UTC)
Tel Aviv, Levant

Ambassador Hasenta Iemitsu, the Union Ambassador to the Levant, stood upon Tel Aviv. He had been in Tel Aviv for three years - enough to see all the hell open up on the region. He passed through many life-risking incidents against insurgents throughout his term, while he faced terrorists, militants and even suicide bombers. However, compared to the mission he had today, these seemed to be nothing.

He was heading toward the Prime Minister of Levant - representing the Union, he was to negotiate with the Prime Minister about the Federal Eastern Union's participation in the war. He knew the needs for both the Levant and the Federal Eastern Union: the Union needed to secure Union property and civilians from the insurgency, while the Levant needed more troops to bring peace. With the two nations together, Ambassador Iemitsu knew that a potential peace upon the region can be seen ahead.

Finally, the car stopped before the Prime Minister's Palace upon Tel Aviv. Ambassador Iemitsu and several Union guards dropped off the car, and headed into the palace. They continued, until they entered the Prime Minister's room.

"Greetings, Prime Minister," Ambassador Iemitsu shook hands with the Prime Minister. "Though I believe that you know me with the formal message from our government, but allow me to introduce myself. I am Ambassador Hasenta Iemitsu, the Federal Eastern Union's Ambassador to the Levant. I formally come to represent the Federal Eastern Union in terms of the ongoing war upon the Middle East and so on."

"Go ahead," the Prime Minister said.

"We all know of the geopolitical situation upon the Middle East - insurgencies, terrorists and revolutionaries rising everywhere, while civilians are suffering from years of war and chaos. So far, the Levant is their only hope - millions of civilians seek this very nation as a haven. Nevertheless, the war goes on and on, killing more people by the second. The Federal Eastern Union sees this as a terrible incident - to keep peace upon the region, the Union has decided to support the Levant in the war. Therefore, the Union asks the Levant for permission of Union troops to enter the nation, and begin combat upon the Levant's borders - but if we are to start, we suggest the Golan Heights and the Galilee."

Ambassador Iemitsu stood there, awaiting the Prime Minister's reply.

0120 January 5th, 2019 (UTC)
Doha Air Force Base, Qatar

While the crisis continued upon the Middle East, Qatar has maintained security in the midst of the geopolitical storm. Qatar has allied with the Federal Eastern Union since the late 1980's - when Iraq started to grow strong and began to threaten neighboring nations. After it allied with the Union, Qatar has maintained a powerful nation in the Middle East - with advanced weaponry and technology from the Federal Eastern Union, they were one of the most powerful nations on the Persian Gulf, ready to fight coming insurgencies.

For further security, the Federal Eastern Union stationed a total of 24,000 troops upon Qatar, along with several bases to protect the nation from surrounding enemies. Some of them were naval and marine bases, but there were bases for the Union Air Force as well - one of them was Doha Air Force Base.

Normally, Doha Air Force Base wasn't as occupied as the time - there weren't strategic airlifters filling the area, while there weren't as many Union Marine soldiers waiting for combat. However, today was different - the Union was preparing for a potential operation. Fighter pilots and ground crew prepared for air superiority and ground attack missions, while several long-range helicopters prepared for a deep aerial invasion to the northwest. Strategic airlifters moved the soldiers and equipment of the Union Army and Marines, preparing for takeoff. Over 40,000 soldiers under the Federal Eastern Union's 'Stormtrooper Division' had converged, preparing for the Operation.

On Doha Air Force Base, the Union was preparing for its entry.

Last edited by Atlantica on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Snow laughed. Everything had worked out. The Second Cypriot army was in the middle of working with Levant forces to push militants south and out of Lebanon. Meanwhile, with Russian aid, the Cypriot front had mad strides once more.
Once the militant's line was broken, Cyprus could swarm through the middle east and secure swaths of land at a time.

--------------------------------------------------------

General Achim Doux heard there was a man outside waiting to see him. He contemplated the options. There was no reason to see the man. He clearly wanted to gain information on the Cypriot front, and possibly sabotage. But Achim was amused by this man.

"Have him thoroughly searched. Take him to a location away from here, and strip him of his clothing. Once he is cleared. Blindfold him and bring him to me. Let us see what he wants."

Once he had dismissed the man awaiting his orders, he looked back over the battle reports. The southern front had swept out and around with the extra armor and men delivered by the Russians. All that remained was to take the rural outskirts in the east, and the stretch of city to the northeast.

Troops from the South had been brought up to defend the eastern front, as an amphibious assault was launched on the northeast. The taking of the airport in the southwest meant that troops could be rapidly flown in and out, as opposing travelling by sea. Control of the port in the north was heavily contested.
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 pm

"The Levant forces have contacted us, and they're sort of..."

"Pissed, I know," General Schwarva said, hanging up the phone, "But our King is pleased, and that's all that matters. Are the Levant forces glad of our interruption of their soon-to-be defeat?"

"Oh, gratefully. The government has... Apologized... for them not contacting us, and their military commanders are sort of pissed that we violated their airspace. Nonetheless, they want us to help turn the tide in Jerusalem, and send forces to Tel-Aviv to fortify the city. They think the enemy is coming to them, so they want us to help fortify their city," the aide said, using a map for guidance.

"Fine, send forces there to help fortify the city. Once Jerusalem is out of danger, take our forces out of Tel-Aviv and put them on special Operations missions past the Levant border," Schwarva ordered, moving blocks with unit numbers on them to Tel-Aviv.

The aide looked down at the board, "Jagartruppen, sir?"

"Jagartruppen."

---

We are here to help."

"Where I come from, we don't help people with the ends of our rifles."

2nd Lieutenant Alec Koil laughed and turned the barrel of his Galil away from the Levant soldier, offering a hand to help him up. Out of the brush behind him, the rest of his squad raised up with weapons drawn. "Vapen ner pojkar," Alec said to his men, and they lowered their rifles. He then turned to the soldier, "Sorry, I didn't want you getting the drop on me and killing my men. That would be most unfortunate for you. My name is Lieutenant Alec Koil of the 75th Jagartruppen Regiment, 4th battalion."

"Yegar what?" The soldier looked at him, bewildered. He then caught it, "Rangers."

"Correct, your name?"

"Corporal Davis of the Levant Army, or what's left of it. You said you were here to help?"

"Aye, call your superiors and tell them that you now have the Jagartruppen to bolster your forces. We'll act as supporting troops to bolster your forces in Tel-Aviv and we have our own Apache Gunships on standby, awaiting our orders to destroy targets."
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Beirut and the surrouding countryside was now Cypriot. Expeditionary forces were working to secure the old state of Lebanon. Meanwhile, General Achim worked a plan to launch a pincer movement in to the historical state of Turkey. But he needed Russian assistance. He was waiting on Arthur to give the go ahead. The Russians were needed to draw militant attention.

While he waited, the 2nd Cypriot Army had arrived to reinforce Levant forces. However it seemed the GNF, The Ginormous Nosy Fucks, as common soldiers were calling them, had usurped the war. They were leading the war effort without even being asked.

---------------------------------------

Arthur Snow called up the Russian Leader Ivan for a second time, "Ivan! It is great to hear from you. Now, i have heard that you have an issue with the border in central asia."

Snow grinned, fiddling with his pen. An aide tried to walk in to his office, but Snow stopped him. Swinging his feet up, he put them on his desk.

"I have a resolution. If you put forces onto the border, and start actively pushing south, you wont have to worry about screening anyone to let them in. I need you to draw the militants attention so that The Cypriot National Guard can push up to you. We can divide the land afterwards. What do you say?"
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:19 am

1600 January 5th, 2019 (UTC)
Seoul, the Federal Eastern Union

"Our forces remain waiting at Doha, awaiting command," the Minister of Defense reported. "Ready to be deployed anywhere in the region within four hours or less, meaning that our troops are ready for support anywhere in the Middle East almost immediately."

"Excellent," Princeps Shen agreed. "But our next problem is this - how are we going to enter the Middle East? Of course, we have our forces in Doha, but that doesn't complete everything. We need a further gateway into the scene - the G.N.F. did so with the Levant, while the Russians sided with the Cypriot Republic."

"We could actually side with the Cypriot Republic," the Secretary of State said. "Cyprus is a highly strategic location in the East Mediterranean - they are the front to the situation, while they are able to offer bases for entering the warzones of Lebanon, the Levant, Turkey, and even Iraq. If we offer a justifiable amount of 'payment' for them, then we would be able to bring them to our side."

Princeps Shen considered it for a while - the strategic location of Cyprus, what he had known of Arthur Snow, and how the Union estimated the situation to go through. After a few dozen seconds of thinking, he said, "Then Cypriot Republic it is. Connect me to Arthur Snow - the said leader of the Cypriot Republic."

Once the call was settled, Princeps Shen said, "Arthur Snow, I believe that this is the first time I see you. I am Princeps Shen Pei, Princeps of the Federal Eastern Union. The Federal Eastern Union has decided that we support you, along with the United Russian States. We request the same conditions that the United Russian States negotiated with you - we would be willing to offer you assistance, given the conditions."
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Current situation of the Levant. Northern forces are attacking Lebanon insurgents in tandem with the Cypriot 2nd army. Down in Jersualem, the siege has been broken by flanking GNF forces in blue. All other fronts remain the same, with minor changes.

Tel-Aviv
"While we appreciate your offer of military assistance, we have no need of your forces," said Minister Smith to the Union ambassador "we already have enough foreign troops within our borders, and are quite confident we can handle the incursion into our territory with the help of Cypriot and GNF forces.

Mention that there is an enemy 30 miles outside your capital, and the entire world comes running. Do they know how small our country is? We were not even close to being defeated, yet these superpowers are always glad to offer 'assistance'. These superpowers have grown too big, too clumsy. They try to project their power and influence anywhere they please. Its disgraceful.

\\Kinda poop post, but all I can really come up with. Not a good week.//
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:44 pm

//I also have Special Forces in Tel-Aviv, and small pockets along your border. I know you hate OOC, but that's important. Also, I won't be replying until our characters have interacted more on your end, or if something were to change over you country.//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 am

0000 January 6th, 2019 (UTC)
32 kilometers southwest of Baku, Azerbaijan

Meanwhile, things haven't been going quite well in the Caucasus and the Caspian as well - though there is the United Russian States standing at the north, there were still major conflicts in the south. Christian and Islamic militants alike have turned the area into a warzone - yet achieving nothing within the ruins they have just created. Christian militants in Georgia have started a new Crusade War against Islamic nations in the vicinity, while Islamic militants have begun to make an offensive into the Caucasian states. Some civilians have already fled to the Levant, Turkey and Russia - but many others remain locked in the deadly warzone.

My name is Balthazar de Caligo, one of the said 'militants'. I was formerly an agent of the notorious terrorist organization 'La Revolucion' - back in 2017, I was the head of the organization's Middle East Division. However, despite my records, I have decided to fight for my nation and the world - attempting to bring order and peace into the ruins, and make the Middle East anew. With my remaining military force, I intend to befall the militants and bring Islam to its right place - the spiritual realm that unites the region with peace, not war and chaos.

And even in the middle of the night, I led my forces through the outskirts of Baku, preparing for the next offensive in the following morning. The next offensives will continue driving the militants to the south - towards Shirvan, Neftchala, and finally out of the southern border. All of the military actions had been made possible with extensive financing - that from the remaining oil wells on the Caspian Sea, and those from businesses around Azerbaijan. Without enough money flowing from the sources, it would've been impossible for me - or any of us, for that matter - to continue this war.

Through the middle of the night, our forces advanced toward the south, preparing for an offensive over 30 kilometers from the edge of Baku. From one of the black armored SUV's, I looked back and forth our array of vehicles - taking a total of three hundred, divided into several paths. All of them have been reinforced in terms of armor and armament - thanks to some engineers and technicians I had known from Baku.

From the machine gun hatch, I looked toward our vehicles - with soldiers and weapons, ready to attack any militant that dared to challenge us. We advanced through the night roads, through the deserts outside Baku. And up there, I turned toward the south: where the Levant, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other nations stood. Seeing the south had always reminded me of my lover Aquila Chen - who now lived in Qatar, as an officer of the Federal Eastern Union Navy. Thinking about her, it gave me a fresh new feeling - a feeling of hope and life, guiding me through the deepest of tribulations and pains.

Looking to the south, I saw a battle incoming, but I also saw hope ahead: something that could be achieved after the war.
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Snow responded to this Princips Shen, "If you want to aid us, I have a plan. We could make a two-sided front into Iraq, but my troops are stretched thin right now. We would have to finish the conflict in the Levant first, So i could put the Second Cypriot Army on the campaign. If you landed in Basra and pushed Northwest we could meet in Baghdad. I will need your troops to land in Basra and begin the push, as well as draw attention. Once we begin the campaign my side of the campaign, I will need supplementary troops to flank my forward advance. Making this move will create hostile relations with 2 other militant states, not including the Palestinian movement, so my forces will be stretched even more thin than they already are. The 1st Cypriot Army has other tasks, so i cannot re-position them. It is up to you to provide air cover for the region. Are you willing to engage in this endeavor?"

Snow had no interest in allying this filthy foreigner. He would use him and then discard him, but he couldnt let Shen know that. Once the campaign was successful, then he would let the FEU take possession of Basra and everything south and east of Baghdad. But land talks would come after the heavy campaign.
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum