//phoenix, I edited the cruise missile one//
//alright.//
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Grothbord on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:07 pm

East Ibsenia wrote://200,000 is a LOT of casualties for just one air strike. I would probably max it out at 10,000.//
I sent 600,000 to Atlan.
800,000 to Top
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Map of Invasion and current location of Grothbord troops.

Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 pm

13:49, March 4th, 2014
Marshall Islands

"Sir, we've got incoming Atlantican birds, from the Northeast. They're still a ways away though." announced Fisher Louis across the control room. Captain Buford Nelson replied "Contact the air crew. I want at least half of our fighters in the air at any given time, with the rest constantly on stand-by. Also, get some to intercept them. They're stealth fighters, they won't be expecting a counter-attack." "We could get our submarines to shoot them down?" Nelson shook his head. "They could, and I might use a couple to do so, but the locations of our subs need to remain hidden. I have other plans for them."

"Alert the fleet", Nelson continued. "Get all ships to spread out, we don't want to have a single target. Also, get all guns pointed to the skies - we might need them. Protect the carrier at all costs."

21:12, March 4th, 2014
Pacific near Marshall Islands

The six attack subs had been joined by another, making seven. Their orders were to remain at a safe underwater depth, and if they spotted Atlantican ships, to travel a distance, quickly fire some torpedos, and then resubmerge as quickly as possible. The tension within each sub was nearly unbearable. The crew worked in shifts, around the clock - and to think that these were only the first few days of war!
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Topsail Empire wrote:North Sea, Grothbord
1100 hours, March 5th

The Topsail nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine TEN Ohio moved into position in the North Sea, 70 km from the shore and Grothbord's mainland. It launched it's first salvo of 14 cruise missiles at Hamburg, and ten minutes later fired a second 14-missile salvo at Copenhagen. The submarine then sank back into the cold North sea, and began cruising back to Topsail Empire.
//Hope you know, you fired on me by firing on Copenhagen. That island is under my control.//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Dotaria wrote:
//Hope you know, you fired on me by firing on Copenhagen. That island is under my control.//
//really? On the map it looked like Denmark was part of Grothbord. EDITING TIME//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

//Most of it is, but the island that Copenhagen was on belongs to me.//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Dotaria wrote://Most of it is, but the island that Copenhagen was on belongs to me.//
//I edited it. SAY BYE BYE TO ESSEN MUWAHAHA//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:08 pm

//NO IT CANT BE TAKEN BACK! JOIN US DOTARIA!//
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Classified Military Base in Scandinavia
1059 hours UTC +1, 15 March

Jorge Begart was monitoring the radar systems of the Mainland Area of the Federation. It was uneventful as usual, as no one would be stupid enough to attack the Federation on their own soil. Soon though, a blimp on the radar indicated a submarine, and by the time Jorge could get to a CO, a satellite feed showed the submarine firing. At first, along with the rest of SCANDICOM, any ship firing missiles meant they were coming toward the Federation, and once his CO saw the feed, he scrambled 7 F/A-18 Superhornets.

The missiles, however, slammed into Hamburg, killing thousands. The planes were ordered to stand down, as "it isn't our fight", but then the ship fired again. Even though they slammed into Essen, the F-18's flew over the sub which was quickly submerging. The Hornets then tried to follow them, but they were soon lost under the water at 900 feet below sea level, and they had to break off.

Jorge sat rubbing his eyes until his CO handed him a phone, "It's King Oslo."

The Royal Palace, Stockholm, Sweden
1134 hours UTC +1 Time, 15 March

"Thank you Commander Begart, goodbye," Oslo said, hanging the phone up from speaker.

His advisers were all around him, listening in on the briefing. "We have to contact President Williams," Mira Keeyen, his Secretary of State, said, "He has to know something about this attack."

Director Vaarn of the NES spoke up, "Kinda hard when he's dead. Our source in Washington said he was assassinated, clean bullet to the head."

"Sir, we have to attack now! If they've got the balls to come to the North Sea, they're right on our doorstep. They're showing us what they can do to our homeland, and they must be stopped!" General Norman Schaeffer said.

Oslo waved him off, "No. Parliament voted to stay neutral in this war, and even though I don't like it, we have to stay neutral."

"A preemptive strike is what we need to put those damned Americans in their place! They've ruled this world for a couple hundred years, but their power is waning. What's more, if the Director is right, President Williams has been killed. The Topsailians are in disarray," the General continued.

"He has a point," Mira said, "I would hit them now. If Williams isn't in power anymore, the Topsailians are only going to get more expansive and blood thirsty. Let's put them down once and for all M'lord."

The rest of his advisers echoed Mira, and Oslo felt defeated. "For this past year, I have tried to hold the wrath and might of the Great North at bay. You all want me to unleash it upon our once great friends," he said, then paused for a minute. "So be it. General, mobilize our forces in Canada for an attack I will plan with you in 10 minutes time. Mira, notify Parliament of what we're going to do. They should agree to our strike. Director, notify the Canadian leaders for me to let them know they need to have their militias on watch at all times. And somebody get me on the phone with the Caliwestans. Move it people!"

NORAMCOM Headquarters, Classified Base
0800 UCT -5, 15 March

General Nortan Schwarva had his men ready within 2 hours of being notified to mobilize, a new record for his men all around Canada and the far Northeastern States. He smiled, and then the communications officer said to him, "Sir, King Oslo is online. Shall I patch him through?"

"Aye, go ahead," he answered.

"General Schwarva! Long time no see!" Oslo boomed over the secured link, his face plastered on the huge screen before the General.

"Aye M'lord, it seems as if you've had quite a day."

"Yeah, I have. Are our men in place?"

"Yes sir," the General replied, nodding his head, "as per your instructions. You want direct link to the forces that will be involved?"

"Yes, but tell me their numbers first," Oslo said.

"35 Infantry divisions, 13 Armored divisions, and 8 helicopter divisons, with 400 Fighter/Bomber squadrons provided for support, 24 Heavy Ground Support squadrons, and 50 Heavy Bomber Squadrons for our initial attack, with the rest of our reserves on standby in Canada," General Schwarva said, reciting them by heart. The plan was ingenious, and he felt that the provided men would be suitable. "What is happening with our naval forces though?"

"We'll have a carrier strike force near New York, with our subs moving down to the Caribbean to harass targets there."

"Understood, sir."

"Alright General, patch me through."

"Yes, sir."

The speech that followed bolstered the men's morale before attacking:

"Men, what I order you to do today will change the course of history forever. Today, we launch the largest attack in U.S. history at their own home. They have brought their engines of war into our backyard and used them, destroying 2 of our allies' cities and killing hundreds of people. Today, we avenge our friends and we start a destiny that will lead us all into immortality. Today, we start to realize our dream of a Viking Empire. Today, we make our people and our ancestors proud. This war hangs in the balance, as even though we are surprising our enemy, they are a determined foe hell bent on world domination. I am confident, however, that men like you are fighting on the front lines. You are better than them, stronger, faster, smarter, and trained harder than anyone in the world can ever hope to say. You are the Sons of the Great North, show our enemies why they should fear us!"

New York City, New York
0815 UCT -5 hours, 15 March

After hearing about her father's death, Ms. Williams was in the airport making her way to board a plane to Washington when a deafening explosion rocked the whole complex, followed by many more. She looked outside to see people running with plane parts following them on fire. She ran outside and looked up to see F-22 Raptors discharging bombs into the airport, destroying everything in their wake. She looked to her right to see a landing gear tire roll straight on her, and it was the last sight she ever saw.

NORAMCOM, Classified Military Base
0830 UCT -5, 15 March

"Sir," Major General Yohn Gorov said, "I have a SITREP on the situation down south."

"Go ahead Yohn, I'm all ears."

Yohn cleared his throat, "The cities of New York, Albany, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, and Minneapolis have been hit hard in our first initial attack, and our Air superiority reaches down south as far as Iowa, Southern Illinois, Southern Indiana, Southern Ohio, Parts of West Virginia and Virginia, and Maryland. Langley Air Force Base, the base we would fear most retaliation from, has received heavy casualties and is in flames. Other bases in the North have been devastated too, and we're keeping air assets in the air at all times, pulling from our reserves to sustain this need.

"We're beginning our ground assault now, and we already have Buffalo under our control. Albany is soon to fall, leaving a pathway straight to New York. New York is taking thousands of pounds of explosives, as we've blanketed downtown New York with M.O.A.B.'s, using the American tactic of "Shock and Awe" against them. Cleveland is holding out a little, but with a little more attention to them with our air forces should snuff out any resistance if our helicopter assets in the area don't already do it for us. Same instance with Chicago, and Minneapolis is under our control."

"Good job Yohn, keep the attack up and keep any Topsailian reinforcements out, or at least make them run away. Use as many M.O.A.B.'s as needed. Dismissed."

//I'm sorry Topsail, I can't be surrounded on all sides like you're expecting me to. I used a surprise attack, so this is legitimate.//

Last edited by Dotaria on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 pm

//Geez that's a long post. Now let me get to reading it.//
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 pm

//I had been thinking about attack situations on everyone a part of this RP for a week now, and this is the scenario I came up with for Topsail.//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:55 pm

11:34 hours UTC +1 Time, 15 March
Presidential Chambers, San Francisco

"We've got an urgent phone call for you, Mr. President. It looks like the Dotarians are willing to come to our side of the war!"

"Get me on the line now! ... Good day, King Oslo. I expect this is an agreement?... yes. We agreed to that distribution. Then we have an alliance. Thank you very much for your support. Wish your men the best of luck for me. Now let's turn the tables on this war!"

"Mr. President?"

"We have a deal! Get me on a line with NORAD - we have some planning to do."
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 pm

After the bombings of Hamburg and Essen, Dictator Klaus Adler contacted leading officers of the Topsailian Front.
"Fools. They got to Hamburg and Essen! HOW. I am preparing Operation Sea Shanties. I want your men to push through the defenses, with no survivors. All POW'S are to be EXECUTED. All wounded are to be killed." Klaus transmissioned them.
MARCH-5-14- 9:47pm
A fleet of
25 F-125 Class Frigates
2 Gott Class Aircraft Carrier
11 Missile Cruisers
75 212 Submarines
37 Battleships
85 Brandenburg Multipurpose Frigates
Were dispatched to the Topsailian Coastlines, the target... Naval Factories.
With air support
80 Stealth Bombers
121 Eurofighter Typhoons
100 JAS 39 Gripen Fighters.
The attack took soldiers by surprise, the factories being heavily damaged, 4 F-125 Class Frigates changed corse to public beaches to bombard the civilians.
//THIS WILL TEACH YOU FOR ATTACKING HAMBURG AND ESSEN YOU BASTARD//
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Ulaanbaatar, Northern Mongolia
March 16th, 0800

After seizing northern Mongolia, the Hockesin forces come to an immediate halt, as to not stretch the supply lines of their relatively small force. General Brewer had moved his base of operations from Lake Baikal to just outside of Ulaanbaatar. The local police had been captured and disarmed, and checkpoints now dotted the city, marking the city as one under military occupation. General Brewer had begun to become worried as to what Atlantica's response would be, as his forces had only encountered patrols and had faced little resistance taking northern Mongolia. Still, his army prepared daily for Operation Pandora. Anti-aircraft hard-points were set up at sporadic intervals around the Mongolian countryside, and daily bombing runs were sent out to target the densely populated eastern section of Atlantica. The costs were high; 50% of the jets from the runs did not return from the missions, but they had succeeded in breaking the veil of safety that Atlantican citizens had previously enjoyed.
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 am

March 16th, 0810
The Blue House Seoul, Atlantica

"The Hockesin-Grothbord Forces have brought on quite an attack: they have now taken down our northern border and took over Ulaanbaatar," General Marin reported. "Though we had casualties, at least we left them with hundreds of tanks destroyed."

"What are the casualties for our side?" The Princeps asked.

"We have lost 24 K-2A1's, 341 K-2 MBTs and 239 K-21 IFV's," General Marin reported, while loading the stats from his Galaxy Tab. "However, the Hockesin-Grothbord forces have been destroyed significantly: as far as our recon fighters confirm, a defensive line of K-2 and K-2A1's have destroyed a total of 420 T-90S tanks, while over 200 Leopard 2's and 300 Leopard 1's have fallen prey under our ambushes."

"But still we have lost Ulaanbataar," the Princeps focused back on the point. "The Hockesin forces are now launching air strikes toward Atlantica itself - now not just places like Harbin or Urumqi are bombed, but even places like Sapporo, Vladivostok, Shenyang and the northern edges of Beijing are being struck. What are-"

"Emergency news, sir!" Admiral Hitachi, Commander of the Pacific Fleet, said in urgency. "It seems that the Dotarians have finally sided with the Caliwestian forces... based on the bombings of New York City, it is explicit that Dotaria is against Topsail and possibly us."

"Great - Just Great," the Princeps grumbled. "Now we have more enemies. Don't we have enough enemies already?"

"We are holding on:

March 16th, 1000
40 km southeast of Ulaanbaatar

While the bulk of the Mongolian area, including Ulaanbaatar itself, had been taken over by the Hockesin forces, the Atlantican Army was forming a defensive line at the south. Though they have lost much upon the frontlines north of Ulaanbaatar, all was about to change: soon, they would prove that Hockesin had messed up with the wrong East Asian Power.

General Vladimir Akulov, the Field Commander of the Fifth Legion, gazed at the fully-formed defensive lines: an array of ambushes, traps and anti-vehicle/anti-personal mines. Over the days, new tanks, new IFV's, new Artillery cannons and rockets, and more air support arrived at the area, constantly at stand-by. Now they would be going for a full-scale assault.

Then, at a point, General Akulov came before the Fifth Legion and gave the following speech for a strike:

"Soldiers, what is now on operation would change the course of this war forever: today, we would officially start the time for striking back against the Hockesin-Grothbord forces. They have decided to fight against us through invasion via the northern border. Now, at this very moment, they shall pay the price! This war hangs in this attack, as even though we are surprising our enemy, they are enemies explicitly looking forward as a powerful Russian Empire. However, I am fully confident of you soldiers, for that you are all smarter, stronger, wiser, faster and better than anyone else in the world! All of you are the men of Atlantica - from this, we shall prove our worth!"

Just as the speech ended, the powerful weapons of the Fifth Legion went into motion. The XK2001 Crusader-K Self-Propelled Artillery Guns began to open fire against the pinpointed strategic locations of the Hockesin forces - the anti-air systems, the tanks, the artillery bases and even the new Base of Operations. The rocket artillery also opened fire - firing guided rockets to distances as far as the former Atlantica-Hockesin Border Line. The rockets headed for the newly-coming supply lines, attacking them straight from above. Some of the rocket artillery also went for the nearest enemy military: the tanks, the IFV's and even the artillery shells.

Through the artillery attacks, the bulk of the Fifth Legion began to advance: lines of K-2A1 and K-2 MBT's combined. Among them were K-21 IFV's - armed with the newest ATGM, the Red Bird. They advanced through the Mongolian plains, while several attack helicopters - the AH-110 Chaos - began to fly through the air, firing their ATGM's straight for the Hockesin-Grothbord forces. In about 6,000 meters above the ground, several F-25 Ghost Birds and F-60 Gyrfalcons zipped through the air in Mach 1.1, while providing close air support via laser-guided cluster bombs.

Ulaanbaatar, Atlantica (now Hockesin-occupied)
March 16th, 1015

Meanwhile, the Hockesin forces were enjoying live hell from the attacks: the Atlantican tanks and IFV's have entered their attack range, effectively taking down the enemies from quite a distance. The Leopard 2's and the T-90S tanks attempted to strike back, but they were taken down from an array of rockets, bombs and tank rounds from the K-2A1 and the K-2.

From the air, Atlantican fighters zipped through the sky, dropping laser-guided cluster bombs through the ranks, as much of the Hockesin forces deteriorated into chaos. Through this chaos, some of the IFV's, along with the attack helicopters, began to advance into the city of Ulaanbaatar, while soldiers began to land on the city and start the battle.

Ulaanbaatar seemed like hell already - but it wasn't even the beginning.

Last edited by Atlantica on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 am

//Atlantica, You destroyed my entire Leopard I Fleet and killed 500 Leopard II's and I only sent 300 D://
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Grothbord on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:43 am

//It's funny how my reserves already outnumber Atlantica by a million. Atlantica will fall soon. I appear to outnumber him in almost everything :3//
Grothbord

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantica on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:20 am

Grothbord wrote://It's funny how my reserves already outnumber Atlantica by a million. Atlantica will fall soon. I appear to outnumber him in almost everything :3//
Ha ha, Grothbord. I think you were smart enough to figure out that this is war now: I just haven't filled up the new numbers for the tanks, fighters and all that baloney. I am going on extra production.

Similar things apply to the reserves: I haven't written it yet, while I haven't filled up the draft numbers. In terms of manpower, I easily outnumber you: I've got China (what can you expect?)...
Atlantica
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am

Raleigh, Topsail Empire Capital District
0800 hours, March 16th

Topsail Empire was on the verge of a civil war. Soldiers were deserting, naval ships were going on mutiny, and civilians were fighting riot police in the streets. Now-President John Abram had to make a decision. He couldn't continue to fight this war, with the North-East knocked out and Caliwestia preparing to go on the offensive. He had made his decision. He called the leaders of Dotaria, Caliwestia, Grothbord, and Hockesin.

"Fellow leaders," he began, "Topsail is on the verge of a civil war. We cannot continue to fight. We want out of this war, and we will agree to any surrender terms EXCEPT us having to give up territory, and us having to disarm."
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:34 pm

New York City, New York
0800 hours UTC -5, 16th March

354th Fighter Squadron was tasked with destroying infrastructure in the city of New York. Their call signs were Gamma 1-15 in the mission.

"Gamma 1 this is Gamma 5. You seeing the shit down there?"

"Yeah Gamma 5, those guys are giving it all they got but they're getting hammered to shit."

A small resistance force of civilians were trying to fight Infantry forces on the ground, but due to them being untrained and underarmed they were being cut to bits. Not long after the conversation on the radio, they could see people retreating south into the river.

"Gamma 1 this is Ceta Actual, we have armed combatants retreating south to the river, can you eliminate the threat?"

"Solid Copy Ceta Actual, we have eyes on and I'm chopping an F-22 to take them out," Gamma 1 said over the radio, "Gamma 11, strafe 'em, and have Gamma 10 on your tail to overlap you. Save the explosives, they're fucking expensive."

"Solid copy."

Gamma 11 and 10 broke formation and flew toward the civvies with weapons. Tracer rounds streaked into the water, and many of the guys on the ground jerked in pain and fell into the water limp. Gamma 10 came behind as ordered and mopped up the mess, and the two planes continued to engage combatants in the area until the Infantry forces in the area moved up and took over, in which case they rejoined the formation and gave information on their armaments.

"Jesus Cap'n, look at New York..."

Downtown New York was all but destroyed, with sky scrapers leaning against each other with most of them collapsed. The Stock Exchange was leveled, taking a M.O.A.B. directly on the top of the building. "You think we'll ever repair all of this?"

"We're Vikings lad, we do as we please and as we will."

"At least New York is ours."

0830 UCT -5, 16 March

"New York is ours sir, and the Topsailians are trying to parley with us," General Gorov said.

"I knew they would try to parley with us. We took a huge chunk of their country in a day, and we still have momentum against them. If we stop now, they'll use it to their advantage to launch a counter attack and beat us back to Canada. Typical of Americans," General Schwarva answered.

Gorov chuckled, "We are allied to half of America."

The two looked at each other, then laughed, "Yeah, best I quit talking too much shit. What else is going on in the south?"

"The cities we attacked are under our control, and we now have the State of New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, under our control, with resistance pockets dotting the landscape. I have taken the liberty of pulling from our reserve pool to hit these areas, but it's only one or two divisions a state so it isn't THAT many men. We're pushing into Southern Illinois at Springfield, but the Topsailians are now moving military forces into the area. We're fighting them hard there, at Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburg, and Philadelphia, though in Pennsylvania we're receiving major resistance as we're getting close to Washington, so we need to reinforce that whole state if we are going to succeed in taking them," General Gorov said, reading off of a tablet.

As he was reading, the scene was playing out on the big screen before General Schwarva, and he sat nodding and drinking his coffee. After Gorov was done, he stood at ease to await orders while the Schwarva thought. After a couple of minutes of hard thinking, he came up with a decision.

"Sounds good. Reinforce Pennsylvania with 4 more Infantry Divisions, and 2 Airborne Infantry Divisions with 3 Armored Divisions and 2 Helicopter divisions as auxiliary. Also, send 5 Infantry Divisions, 3 Armored Divisions, and a Jägartrupp battalion down in North Dakota, and pile drive south."

Gorov was taken back, "Bring the 81st and 82nd Luftburna in this?"

"Yes, I want them to know we mean business. Send in another battalion of Jägartrupp in Pennsylvania too, just to be safe. We're getting into the heaviest fighting in only the 2nd day... I'd hate to see us in a stalemate. Keep our attacks up lad."

"Yes sir."

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
0900 UCT -5, 16th March

The 81st Luftburna, one of 9 Airborne Divisions in the Federation army, were dropped in Lancaster, Pennsylvania amidst enemy anti aircraft fire. Even though the F-22's took out the SAM's in the area, flak cannons were a little easier to hide and manage, even though they were inaccurate. They lost 8 planes, with most likely loosing around 200 men before they even got to fire a shot. It was the greatest fear of a Luftburna, but it was all part of the job.

They engaged 3 Infantry Divisions at Lancaster, putting themselves in between them and Philadelphia. It was nothing they couldn't handle, as they were trained to go in heavy and kill all in their way, no matter how many numbers. They heard over the radio that the 82nd Luftburna, their brothers in Canada, dropped in Johnstown, and were kicking an enemy Infantry Division's ass, even since the bastards had armor. Soon after their drop, the 5th battalion of the 75th Jägartrupp Division dropped in too, one of 10 battalions in the Division.

They were slaughtering the enemy, though Close Air Support (CAS) for both Anti-tank and Anti-personnel was online, with one of the supporting craft from a Heavy Ground Support Squadron, an AC-130, was wreaking havoc on the enemy already.

Last edited by Dotaria on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 pm

\\Also, Grothbordian forces are still in western Russia.//
Ulaanbaatar Defensive Line
March 16th 0945

General Brewer was making rounds through the defenses surrounding Ulaanbaatar, inspecting the equipment for Operation Pandora. The plan would be put into effect shortly; a mass of Atlantican forces, numbering over a million with thousands of armored units, had been spotted by gathering to the south by fighter patrols. Vast clouds of dust could be seen over the flat steppe, stretching for miles in either direction. Just an hour ago, the clouds had increased had billowed up again, and the radar was picking up numerous flying signatures. Brewer had put the first stage of Operation Pandora into effect, giving orders to the defensive line to initiate a controlled retreat back into Russian territory once the Atlantican forces initiated their attack. However, the forces in and around Ulaanbaatar were to remain, until Brewer gave the order to retreat.

Ulaanbaatar Defensive Line
March 16th 1450

The battle was in full swing. The Atlanticans had begun their attack with a massive artillery bombardment, devastating the defensive hard points Brewer had laid out. As the first shells began to impact, Operation Pandora initiated and the right and left flanks of the army staged a fighting retreat back to the Siberian border. On the way, the flanks destroyed bridges, burnt buildings, and laid down mines on roads, fields, sheds, and river banks. The rear guard, consisting of all-volunteer units, suffered heavy casualties, bearing the brunt of the Atlantican attack. Meanwhile, in the center of the line, Atlantican troops had broken through the outer defenses of Ulaanbaatar, and were now fighting Atlantican troops in building-to-building combat. In the skies, Su-35's engaged Atlantican forces in aerial combat, and, although they were heavily outnumbered and losing quickly, they courageously brought down Atlantican planes in 1 to 1 ratios.

Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Outside of Wichita, Kansas
1100 hours, March 16th

The bunker had gotten the orders just minutes ago to begin "Operation Dark Nights". They prepared the launch sequence, and buckled into their seats. They stuck their launch keys into the locks and twisted. A massive 30 megaton nuclear missile streaked into the sky, and exited the atmosphere minutes later. Several Minutes later it was in space over Europe, and it detonated. THe Atmosphere deformed, and people all over Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East could sea the sky turning orange. But that is not what the missile's job was. Seconds later all electronics from the Ural mountains of Russia to Iceland were fried by the EMP caused by the nuclear explosion. This meant that modern aircraft couldn't work, neither could early-warning systems. All factors of Modern Life in Europe was gone.

Europe was back to the dark ages.
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:35 pm

1100 hours UCT -5, 16 March

Seeing the nuclear missile fly toward Europe made Schwarva's heart sink. His family was back at home, and a nuclear missile was heading over them. Everyone in the room was trying to bring a cruise missile online to shoot the bastard down, but by the time a missile was able to be fired, the ICBM left atmosphere and kept its current course and trajectory toward Stockholm. It detonated in space, however, right over Stockholm. He breathed a sigh of relief, but knew one very important thing.

Scandinavia was in blackout, so no communication to King Oslo.

"Get me all of our online navy and contact any naval units the Ibsenians have. I want them online yesterday, and to head over to Europe to prepare for a defense," he ordered, moving and thinking quickly.

"Sir, our fleet in Europe is still okay, they haven't been hit by the EMP," a lieutenant piped up.

He breathed a sigh of relief. The EMP shielding that the Americans installed on their ships worked. He still had a fleet. "Thank god. What about our allies?"

"Most of the Ibsenian ships are offline, except the English made ones. Their newer ships have EMP shielding similar to ours, but only 3 aircraft carriers, 12 cruisers, and 20 destroyers were safe, not even half their fleet."

Schwarva cursed, "What about subs?"

"We have submarines online both for us and the Ibsenians, so we still have a wolf pack."

He nodded, "Have half of the Ibsenian subs go to the Caribbean and get ahold of the HMFF Svart Kråka, have all of our subs in the Caribbean submerge, and get me online to the Jägartrupp in North Dakota. I want Grand Forks under my control...

And give those mother fuckers a taste of their own medicine."

Grand Forks, North Dakota
1700 hours UTC -6, 16 March

It took 3 hours for the damn station to fall, but the Jägartrupp took the base. Commander Jorn Narwahj opened a satellite phone and dialed the secure line to NORAMCOM.

"This is Grim Actual, the station is ours. I have men in the field I must attend to, sir," he said.

"This is Overlord NORAM, I understand you have men to attend to but I need you to do one more mission. I need a nuclear missile with a 40 megaton payload launched over coordinates 3-6-6-2-5, 9-3-4-4-1, how copy?"

Jorn stopped in his tracks, "We're using this facility?"

"Yes. We aren't commanding you to hit a little town in Georgia commander, we want the missile to detonate over the atmosphere. We then want you to put a Thermite charge in the launch room and close the door."

"Yes, sir."

HMFF Svart Kråka, Amerikansk-Virginia Klass Nuclear Submarine
1700 hours, UTC -5, 16 March

The Black Crow was at 1000 feet below sea level when they decided to attack. The EMP had already been launched over the Topsail Empire, depriving the entire area of any electricity from Tennessee down to the Lesser Antilles, and from Texas to the Eastern Seaboard.

This was a mission of 13 or so subs, placed all around the southern half of the Topsailian territory, and when the order was given, all 13 of the subs surfaced and fired their whole complement of Tomahawk cruise missiles, around 24 of them each. The Black Crow's target however...

Was Washington D.C.

Last edited by Dotaria on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:57 pm

President Abrams put forth new surrender terms:

Dotaria would get New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Caliwestia would get Topsail Empire's Mexican Territories.
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum