The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Modern Tech War: The Pacific Rim Mk. 2

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am

//Yes, but the Atlantic is full of combatants. I'd have a helluva time trying to defend myself as I will be surrounded, even if I had men to bolster my forces. I would need ships and planes to keep myself defended, because even though I have American designed planes and ships, I would need more to defend myself against German and Russian attacks. What can you offer me to keep my mainland?//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 am

Dotaria wrote://Yes, but the Atlantic is full of combatants. I'd have a helluva time trying to defend myself as I will be surrounded, even if I had men to bolster my forces. I would need ships and planes to keep myself defended, because even though I have American designed planes and ships, I would need more to defend myself against German and Russian attacks. What can you offer me to keep my mainland?//
//I will have my Atlantic fleet send 1 aircraft carrier, 5 missile cruisers, 20 destroyers, 5 frigates, 2 LCS and 10 attack submarines to help you. As for my airforce I will give you the planes on that aircraft carrier and 20 B-52 bombers.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 am

Last edited by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:21 am

Grothbord wrote://Me and Hock are prepping for war with Atlan, I sent 800,000 troops to fiji to help defend from Topsail.//
//HOW???!!! And don't say by space, it will take me a solid month and billions of dollars to bring 10,000 troops to Atlantica with my space shuttles. Plus Germany doesn't have a space program.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 am

//What will the Caliwestan side offer me?//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:35 am

\\Well, if you join us, you won't have almost the entirety of Europe fighting against you, and we will give you Topsailian territory. And, no, a fleet from Topsail will not protect you from a two front war.//
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Hockesin wrote:\\Well, if you join us, you won't have almost the entirety of Europe fighting against you, and we will give you Topsailian territory. And, no, a fleet from Topsail will not protect you from a two front war.//
//but Dotaria, we signed a mutual protection pact. We protect each other from attack.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:49 pm

//Hock, to say if I remain neutral, would you and Groth make a decision for me?//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:49 pm

//well guess what Topsail, you werent attacked. You declared war. Thats completely different.//
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm

//No, we wouldnt attack you for remaining neutral, but your aid would be appreciated//
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Raleigh, Topsail Empire Capitol District
07:00 March 5th, 2014

President Andrew Williams awoke to a noise outside in the street. He looked outside of his window, and there were gathered thousands of people, all waving signs saying "We don't want this war". Williams jumped out of bed and ran into his office. Waiting there was the Vice-President and his Secretary of Homeland Security.

"What the hell is happening?" Williams asked both of them.

"There are at least 10,000 protestors out there, and some of them are armed," stated his Vice-President.

"We need your permission to use riot police to get rid of them or not," said the Secretary.

"Sure. Anything to get them away from here," stated Williams.

Riot police came and disported the crowd, 15 people were wounded. But this was only the beginning of the anti-government unrest here in Topsail Empire...
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:56 pm

//I'm worried about Groth lol.//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Dotaria wrote://What will the Caliwestan side offer me?//
My apologies for my brief absence. Topsail's offer is nothing in the face of mine. You would get Topsail's Northeast - one of the largest, most productive metropolitan centers of the world. That would include New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. That would give you naval control over the eastern seaboard. Possibly more could be included in a final treaty.
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:24 pm

//How much time do you think has passed so far? 6 months? 9?//
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Dotaria wrote://How much time do you think has passed so far? 6 months? 9?//
//no, 3 days.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Eastern Siberia
March 4th 2250

General Brewer was roughly awakened from his sleep by deafening thunder, and the windows of his room shattering inwards, spraying glass across the room and himself. More loud cracks sounded, farther away this time. Brewer quickly rolled out of bed, the glass sliding off of him, and quickly threw on a shirt and boots, and ran outside. A massive, blackened crater had replaced a row of tanks on the side of the camp, while a watchtower lay smoldering in flames. Beyond the trajectories of both impacts, the forest was decimated and aflame. Soldiers were scrambling from their bunks, some half-dressed, running for the armory to grab arms. A few soldiers lay on the ground, clutching at burns or shrapnel wounds, with others rushing to their aid. Closer to the impacts, charred corpses lay scattered, most likely the nightly patrols, now finished their tour of duty. Brewer began jogging over to the Command Center for damage reports.

Kamchatka Peninsula
March 5th, 0330

The 2nd Rangers Battalion has moved into the Atlantican portion of the Kamchatka Peninsula, seizing the southern half and cornering the minimal security forces in the port of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.

Eastern Siberia
March 5th, 0410

After reviewing the reports, Brewer had found his tactics had worked. Only 72 various armored units and roughly 4,145 casualties were sustained. From the start, he had realized that he was technologically outgunned. He had assumed that Atlantica would send the same attack it had used against Pearl Harbor. However Pearl Harbor had been a densely concentrated area. The Siberian Front was thousands of kilometers, and defended by small battalions spread out over its entire length. He had even strategically placed his command so the tree line would cause Atlantica's smart bombs to overshoot. It had worked elsewhere as well. Furthermore, the spread out bomber force had only been able to target a few of the battalions with their payload, leaving many of the battalions untouched. The majority of the casualties had been from the concentration of troops around Lake Baikal.

As of half an hour ago, the now 200,000 strong force had begun an full strategic offensive into Mongolia, rapidly advancing unopposed. Brewer had thought that Atlantica would bring land forces to attack his line in addition to the air attack, but he had guessed wrong. The force had orders to largely ignore population centers, but to attack strategic objectives, covered by an armor advance and fighter patrols.

Meanwhile, the 600,000 man army of Grothbord is still making its way through western Russia to the Siberian Front.
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Raleigh, Topsail Empire Capital District
09:00 hours, March 5th

In front of the Topsail capital building, President Andrew Williams was preparing to make a speech. A crowd of about 950 was gathered in front of the stage, all of them seemed to be government supporters. The stage was flaked by 50 riot police on each side, it was an intimidating site. President Williams walked to the stage.

"My fair Topsailian," he began, "Today has shown me that people in this country do not support this war. But this war is not something that we chose to fight, it was brought on us by the Caliwestian Menace!"

Williams stopped as the crowd cheered.

"And we will never succumb to their will! We will fight in the plains, and fight in the mountains. We will fight in the cities and fight on the beaches. But we will never surrender!"

The crowd cheered as Williams finished his speech.

Last edited by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm

North Sea, Grothbord
1100 hours, March 5th

The Topsail nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine TEN Ohio moved into position in the North Sea, 70 km from the shore and Grothbord's mainland. It launched it's first salvo of 14 cruise missiles at Hamburg, and ten minutes later fired a second 14-missile salvo at Essen. The submarine then sank back into the cold North sea, and began cruising back to Topsail Empire.

Last edited by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:47 pm

On the day of March 6th, Hockesin sends out a plea to all nations of Strategies Prime, asking for international sanctions against The Topsail Empire for their gross disregard for international law and Rules of Engagement. Topsail has repeatedly and maliciously attacked innocent civilians with unprecedented acts of violence not seen for centuries. Topsail has decimated Denver with thermobaric WMD's, killing hundreds of thousands, and has just now attacked Grothbordian cities with cruise missiles, killing and maiming thousands. This horrifying acts demonstrates Topsail's aggressive nature and blatant disregard innocent's rights. We plead with the world community to join us in our quest to put down the aggressor Topsail, and let international law have some meaning again.
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Topsail Empire wrote:North Sea, Grothbord
1100 hours, March 5th

The Topsail nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine TEN Ohio moved into position in the North Sea, 70 km from the shore and Grothbord's mainland. It launched it's first salvo of 20 cruise missiles at Hamburg, and ten minutes later fired a second 20-missile salvo at Copenhagen. The submarine then sank back into the cold North sea, and began cruising back to Topsail Empire.
//40 total cruise missiles? The max I thought was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USS_Sam_Rayburn_(SSBN-635)_missile_hatches.jpg , which has 16.//
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:03 pm

El Fiji Grande wrote:
//40 total cruise missiles? The max I thought was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USS_Sam_Rayburn_(SSBN-635)_missile_hatches.jpg , which has 16.//
//It says it can carry 24 nuclear ICBM's, so easy to figure it can carry 40 missiles half a ICBM's size.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Topsail Empire wrote:
//It says it can carry 24 nuclear ICBM's, so easy to figure it can carry 40 missiles half a ICBM's size.//
//plus Tomahawk cruise missiles can also be launched from torpedo tubes.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Topsail Empire wrote:
//I just saw the thing about the 24. But it isn't the idea that it can carry that many, it's the fact that there are a limited number of launch tubes. I haven't responded yet to your Phoenix thing, but I have WAY more defenses than you hold me accountable for. That attack would totally have been stopped.//
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 pm

El Fiji Grande wrote:
//I just saw the thing about the 24. But it isn't the idea that it can carry that many, it's the fact that there are a limited number of launch tubes. I haven't responded yet to your Phoenix thing, but I have WAY more defenses than you hold me accountable for. That attack would totally have been stopped.//
//I will delete that post then.//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 pm

El Fiji Grande wrote:
//which post? the phoenix one or the ballistic missile one?//
//phoenix, I edited the cruise missile one//
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down