Strategos Prime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWII RP, Take Two [INVITE REQUIRED]

+5
Falling Stars
Hockesin
Dotaria
Grothbord
Topsail Empire
9 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

WWII RP, Take Two [INVITE REQUIRED] - Page 8 Empty Re: WWII RP, Take Two [INVITE REQUIRED]

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:38 am

//guys, for some reason I can't get on NS right now.... wondering if you're experiencing the same difficulties?//
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=el_fiji_grande/detail=factboo

Back to top Go down

WWII RP, Take Two [INVITE REQUIRED] - Page 8 Empty Re: WWII RP, Take Two [INVITE REQUIRED]

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:45 am

El Fiji Grande wrote://guys, for some reason I can't get on NS right now.... wondering if you're experiencing the same difficulties?//
//same, it won't work...//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 am

Topsail Empire wrote:
//same, it won't work...//
That's relieving... at least I'm not the only one. It died right as I was about to post that your olympics picture looked "Nice!"
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 am

\\This is going to be harsh, but this RP is goddamn terrible. Everyone is godmodding, no one is taking the time when writing their posts to even think about what they are doing, and everything is happening way too quickly. An RP is not just short posts filled with statistics. With this statement I must, with disappointment, withdraw from this RP. I honestly had thought better of you guys on this.//
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:55 am

Hockesin wrote:This is going to be harsh, but this RP is goddamn terrible. Everyone is godmodding, no one is taking the time when writing their posts to even think about what they are doing, and everything is happening way too quickly. An RP is not just short posts filled with statistics. With this statement I must, with disappointment, withdraw from this RP. I honestly had thought better of you guys on this.

I haven't taken part or read any of the posts since page three or so.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:56 am

Hockesin wrote:\\This is going to be harsh, but this RP is goddamn terrible. Everyone is godmodding, no one is taking the time when writing their posts to even think about what they are doing, and everything is happening way too quickly. An RP is not just short posts filled with statistics. With this statement I must, with disappointment, withdraw from this RP. I honestly had thought better of you guys on this.//
True... Very true....
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:58 am

Hockesin wrote:\\This is going to be harsh, but this RP is goddamn terrible. Everyone is godmodding, no one is taking the time when writing their posts to even think about what they are doing, and everything is happening way too quickly. An RP is not just short posts filled with statistics. With this statement I must, with disappointment, withdraw from this RP. I honestly had thought better of you guys on this.//
//true... very true.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotaria Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:01 am

//We're a FT region anyway. We're more adept on FT RP's or single character fantasy RP's.//
Dotaria
Dotaria
SPDF Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 am

//Anyone know of a battle calculator or something I can use to determine battles?
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 am

//yep... I think that I will hold off on the WWII Rp's for a month or so.//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 am

//DOES THAT MEAN COLONY RP ROUND 2?//
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 am

East Ibsenia wrote://Anyone know of a battle calculator or something I can use to determine battles?
Perhaps this? http://ae.ourdatabase.info/battlecalc/calc.php
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:06 am

That would work for a space or sea battle. What about men?
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by East Ibsenia Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:08 am

Or does barracks represent men?
East Ibsenia
East Ibsenia
SPDF Vice Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 am

East Ibsenia wrote:Or does barracks represent men?
I think that represents bunkers....... but i don't know. I would have thought that they would have much more defense then.... I just found this one online, and I'm still looking for one that also incorporates land units.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:20 am

East Ibsenia wrote://DOES THAT MEAN COLONY RP ROUND 2?//
//yep!//
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 am

Actually guys I found the solution to the battles problem. An excel-based battle simulator I found, specifically for WWII, that includes both the European and Pacific theaters
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:29 am

Hockesin wrote:Actually guys I found the solution to the battles problem. An excel-based battle simulator I found, specifically for WWII, that includes both the European and Pacific theaters
Link?
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 am

So far, I can't get to the WW2 Simulator, but I can get the Trench simulator
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:45 am

I was finally able to get to the NationStates start page... and I typed in my password right and it said it was wrong
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:45 am

Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockesin Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:51 am

I have a solution for a WWII RP. I will be sending private invites out to certain nations asking to join an RP task force. Good night all.
Hockesin
Hockesin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Fiji Grande Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:55 am

Topsail Empire wrote:I was finally able to get to the NationStates start page... and I typed in my password right and it said it was wrong
I still can't.
El Fiji Grande
El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Topsail Empire Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 am

I will create a timeline for the rest of the war:

May 1940: France falls to Germany in a counter-attack to the British spring offensive.

June 1940: Germany seizes the small country of Andorra

August 1940: The Battle of Britain begins. Heavy damage is suffered to Britain's radar structures. It is down for 6 months.

October 1940: Operation Sea Lion begins with 18 divisions landing outside of London.

January 1941: Operation Sea Lion falters. Germany retreats from Britain.

May 1941: Britain launches it's first commando raid in Northern France. It is a bittersweet victory, they destroy a German radar station, one of only three in France, but lose 301 men.

June 1941: Germany launches Operation Whale. 12 divisions land in southern Ireland and seize the entire Island by mid-July.

July 1941: Ireland falls

September 1941: Yugoslavia invades Bulgaria, Germany attacks The Palestine after seizing Egypt a year earlier.

November 1941: The Palestine, Syria, and Jordan fall to Erwin Rommel's Afrika Corps, securing a nearly limitless oil supply.

December 1941: Yugoslavia invades the European part of Turkey. Germany invades the rest of Turkey.

February 1942: Turkey falls.

1942-1943 is a stalemate, the only invasion is the one of the Faroe Islands by Germany

January 1944: Germany's construction of the Atlantic wall is complete.

June 1944: 100,000 British troops invade France in Normandy. They are successful.

December 1944: Britain has seized almost all of France

January 1945: Germany launches it's second offensive in the Ardennes. It slashed through British lines and captures Calais. It traps 120,000 British troops in Belgium. Other offensives are launched across the line, Britain retreats.

February 1945: Britain continues to retreat, the front lines is now the same as in March of 1940, stretching from Calais to Paris and then to Switzerland.

April 1945: 210,000 British troops are trapped in a small pocket in Normandy.

May 1945: 45,000 British troops are able to be evacuated before Germany captures the rest. 140,000 British soldiers are captured.

June 1945: Britain has gotten used to the dozens of V-2 missiles falling on London in the past year. But this one of different. IT is a V-4 nuclear missile, a product of Germany's nuclear program in Norway. The missile lands on London, demolishing the city. Britain doesn't surrender.

July 1945: A second atomic missile falls on Liverpool. Britain surrenders.

THE EASTERN FRONT IS A STALEMATE
Topsail Empire
Topsail Empire
Vice Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post by Falling Stars Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:51 am

//what about operation falling hammer? The joint invasion of Russia from the south by Yugoslavia and Germany.//
Falling Stars
Falling Stars

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=falling_stars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next